The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud here, but I've seen a lot of posts on here and the twitter-verse about everyone wanting to make sure that the 30th anniversary gets the full-range of treatment it deserves with a "normal" event year.

My question is - are we all just assuming that HHN30 is looked at as a momentous anniversary year? We had a pretty big blow-out with HHN25, but is 30 a year that is generally celebrated?

I am obviously hopeful (like I am every year) of an incredible lineup and event (and have always had a great time each year), but I don't know if HHN30 has ever been looked at as "the year" for them to go all-out.

Thinking out loud here, but I've seen a lot of posts on here and the twitter-verse about everyone wanting to make sure that the 30th anniversary gets the full-range of treatment it deserves with a "normal" event year.

My question is - are we all just assuming that HHN30 is looked at as a momentous anniversary year? We had a pretty big blow-out with HHN25, but is 30 a year that is generally celebrated?

I am obviously hopeful (like I am every year) of an incredible lineup and event (and have always had a great time each year), but I don't know if HHN30 has ever been looked at as "the year" for them to go all-out.

You're not alone in thinking that. While 30 definitely warrants some celebration, it does need to be the all-out celebration like 25. "If everything is an anniversary..."

I think a lot of that talk comes from newer fans that want some of the past to come back so they can get a taste themselves.

You're not alone in thinking that. While 30 definitely warrants some celebration, it does need to be the all-out celebration like 25. "If everything is anniversary..."
I think something special ever five-years works (like a "throwback" house or something similar), but having an all-out event year every five years doesn't make a lot of sense to me (and may be counter-intuitive that "I'll wait for the big anniversary year to plan a trip").

I think something special ever five-years works (like a "throwback" house or something similar), but having an all-out event year every five years doesn't make a lot of sense to me (and may be counter-intuitive that "I'll wait for the big anniversary year to plan a trip").

I think it's safe to expect something closer to HHN 20 than 25.

i saw a post on here that suggested that 31 could be a bigger year than 30, and i wonder if that’s actually a possibility. even if “it-that-shall-not-be-named” wasn’t happening, the current rumors suggest that this year’s event will be slightly scaled back in comparison to past events.

i saw a post on here that suggested that 31 could be a bigger year than 30, and i wonder if that’s actually a possibility. even if “it-that-shall-not-be-named” wasn’t happening, the current rumors suggest that this year’s event will be slightly scaled back in comparison to past events.

Why would it be a possibility if you-know-what wasn't happening? And if it was, why would they even bother having 31 be a bigger year?

Good--I want to see some new ideas, with one or two throwbacks in there.

I agree that this is the preferable and likelier move - a maze and scarezone or two dedicated to the past (one to the broader, one to the Terra Cruentes stuff), and then new ideas/IPs. It's ironic to me though that for all the hoopla of HHN20 ushering in the "next era of maze franchises and icons," we ended up with exactly one semi-enduring maze (Havoc, which petered out in its second installment) and a super icon with huge lore implications that everyone sort of pretends doesn't exist.

Random conversation starter, assuming we were to get an IP zone similar to Altars of Horror, (not saying we would, but throwing ideas out there). What characters or song choices from the speculated IPs would most likely appear in there?

I think after hearing the Beetlejuice theme every day during regular park hours, hearing it play during Horror Nights would trip me out a decent bit.

To respect Joe's wishes I won't go too indepth with my thoughts, but with everything we seem to be hearing about 30 I could definitely see this being the case.
Why would it be a possibility if you-know-what wasn't happening? And if it was, why would they even bother having 31 be a bigger year?

October 31st is Halloween. The 30th of something is definitely a big milestone but 31 has special significance for this kind of event. They probably won't plan two "big" years in a row.

SoX was the best house at 28 IMO. But I don’t think it got good enough reception to realistically be revisited.

The thing is: if we’re only allowed four originals like TPU says (whenever HHN happens next at a reasonable operating level) I would prefer they not waste a spot on a house that just rehashes individual scenes from the recent past. Just not exciting to me. If we’re allowed five, then okay. Would still prefer a house completely devoted to the icons.

I know that for @Kinchkinet85 and I, Seeds was probably a close second to Poltergeist at 28. It didn’t get enough love. And those “clickers” have to be among my favorite original characters in the past 7 years

I know that for @Kinchkinet85 and I, Seeds was probably a close second to Poltergeist at 28. It didn’t get enough love. And those “clickers” have to be among my favorite original characters in the past 7 years

The ambience being completely quiet made it so eerie. It really did feel like "the end."

The scariest part, however, was the facade. Being reminded about CO2 rates and ocean algae blooms with the Alien Covenant theme in the background...hit a bit too close to home.

Announcements for Orlando park opening dates are supposed to happen today.. let’s hope with the reopening of the parks, some HHN news (whether good or bad) isn't too far behind!!

Announcements for Orlando park opening dates are supposed to happen today.. let’s hope with the reopening of the parks, some HHN news (whether good or bad) isn't too far behind!!
No announcement today, they are just submitting proposals to local government, which then needs to go thru an approval by the Governor. Any announcement will be a leak most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.