The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 407 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's a new tradition myself! Though they might run into issues with IPs and marketing (probably why GB is missing from the house poster).

View attachment 12578
Total brain fart on my end. I actually bought one of those last fall and yet completely forgot about them when typing out the last post. Hopefully they continue to make them for years to come.

If Universal was smart, they’d make prints/posters of the different “movies” from Slaughter Sinema and sell them individually or as a bundle.

Hell, I’d even start getting posters that feature all the house/zone logos just like the t-shirts.
I’d honestly buy all of it. The store was crazy good and I heard on here they might add an extra room. Yeti coasters???

Might not be the right place to post this so please move if I'm wrong, BUT...

I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time (yes I know, I'm sorry it's taken me this long), and if it's true that this was the property they lost this year, I think it has some real potential for a house in the future. It has the opportunity to be more of a psychological horror house - IMO scarier than a standard gory one - but also has plenty of scenes that can be used for physical horror eg. the guts spilling & literally anything in Buffalo Bill's house. The only thing I'm wondering is how they would broach the topic of Bill since trans/ LGBT+ rights are increasingly prominent, whether a direct copy of his intentions would translate well in the current climate, any thoughts?

Do you think that we'll see the return of some of the marionettes from the Insidious part of Blumhouse HHN27 in the Mannequin Theater? I imagine we will since HHN reuses props a lot. It'd be a fun Easter Egg too.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Might not be the right place to post this so please move if I'm wrong, BUT...

I just watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time (yes I know, I'm sorry it's taken me this long), and if it's true that this was the property they lost this year, I think it has some real potential for a house in the future. It has the opportunity to be more of a psychological horror house - IMO scarier than a standard gory one - but also has plenty of scenes that can be used for physical horror eg. the guts spilling & literally anything in Buffalo Bill's house. The only thing I'm wondering is how they would broach the topic of Bill since trans/ LGBT+ rights are increasingly prominent, whether a direct copy of his intentions would translate well in the current climate, any thoughts?
I think at a surface level it sounds like it would be a problem but really any objections to The Silence of the Lambs/Buffalo Bill would be kind of a self defeating arguement.

A. The film addresses the transsexual issue
B. Buffalo Bill is criminally insane

Its certainly safer to objection than something like Vanity Ball and I'm sure it was an issue that was evaluated beforehand.

I think at a surface level it sounds like it would be a problem but really any objections to The Silence of the Lambs/Buffalo Bill would be kind of a self defeating arguement.

A. The film addresses the transsexual issue
B. Buffalo Bill is criminally insane

Its certainly safer to objection than something like Vanity Ball and I'm sure it was an issue that was evaluated beforehand.

Once again, this is why no more house increase is a good idea. With so many topics being sensitive now, only so much you can do.

Is it too late to hope that the Pumpkin King will be a mascot or icon for the event? They seem to be putting an emphasis on pumpkins.

Is it too late to hope that the Pumpkin King will be a mascot or icon for the event? They seem to be putting an emphasis on pumpkins.

With Jack and other icons allegedly being filmed for the event commercial and virtual queue videos right now, I think it stands to reason that the Pumpkin King won't be anything like an icon. Could there be a zone tied to the house? Possibly. Could he appear on some merchandise? Possibly.

been a bit since I've posted and I don't wanna derail this thread, but if this speculated list truly is mostly what we're getting i'm kind of stupidly excited. nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed, of course, but i think even with all of the social distancing guidelines we have a very good event ahead of us. i'm honestly unsure if i'm going to even make it to this year's event, but if anything i'm excited for all of YOU guys, hahah.

in terms of speculation, forgive me if this has been stated but that "mannequin theater" thing is SO out of nowhere but has me so excited, could it maybe have something to do with Dollhouse of the Damned? Maybe mannequin could be some sort of loss in translation and we're really getting dolls or marionettes? (or, heck, maybe even all 3 of those things). Theater of The Damned, perhaps? Again, sorry if this has been stated previously, it's hard to go through like 80+ new pages and recall everything hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.