The Simpsons Ride (USH) | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
Idk. The rights deals aren’t so much money that they couldn’t make up for it in other ways. And with Disney being all about content now, I feel like they would likely want to have theme park control of their own properties when they get the chance.
This is one of the things are irks me about this merger. A lot of IPs are moving to Disney that they won’t do anything with but have no intention of sharing.

FBarnhill

Rookie
Nov 30, 2017
Also noted that Disney DOES NOT OWN THE SIMPSONS NOW.... this is a proposed purchase that will take 18 months of legal and government review. IF it goes through it won't occur till 2019.
Yeah, as if this government will do anything about it. Our lovely president has approved of this and the democrats are too spineless to block it. They’ll happily block the AT&T-Time Warner merger but only because CNN is involved. So you might as well say they have them now.

So, Sharry Bobbins is a Disney character now! Along with Ricky Rouse and Monald Muck.

Paulio

Veteran Member
Apr 28, 2016
Northern California
This is one of the things are irks me about this merger. A lot of IPs are moving to Disney that they won’t do anything with but have no intention of sharing.
That's how the Mouse rolls alright, they're the biggest company in this country and all over the world. Off course they have no intentions of sharing. Other companies can actually share IPs as evidenced by the "Ready Player One" film, but Disney obviously don't for its rivals.

FBarnhill

Rookie
Nov 30, 2017
That's how the Mouse rolls alright, they're the biggest company in this country and all over the world. Off course they have no intentions of sharing. Other companies can actually share IPs as evidenced by the "Ready Player One" film, but Disney obviously don't for its rivals.
Comcast is still the biggest. That’s why I’m glad they didn’t buy Fox’s assets. Disney’s evil but they’re not Comcast evil.

Paulio

Veteran Member
Apr 28, 2016
Northern California
Comcast is still the biggest. That’s why I’m glad they didn’t buy Fox’s assets. Disney’s evil but they’re not Comcast evil.
Film indutry wise, Comcast isn't the biggest (3rd place in box office market share and Disney has more than that) and doesn't exhibit such bullish behavior in that arena like Disney is doing with its Star Wars movies. They also own Universal Studios which has its own theme parks housing dozens of licensed properties (some of them are owned by Disney) and its own IPs and they don't rattle with that kind of field.