1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

The State & Future of the Monorails (WDW)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Disney' started by Mr. EPCOT, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

It’s a quarter by quarter business. Just keep pushing it off until the next quarter. Then the next one, and so on.
    God forbid we have a bad quarter and people only get 12 million dollar bonuses instead of 20. How will they eat?

2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yes. One of the issues when Executive & upper management pay is so heavily based on profit percentage bonuses. It discourages good long range decision making/investment and instead encourages short term cost oriented fixes that may be detrimental to long term needs.

tielo, SeventyOne and tankart150 like this.
  3. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Unless the exec has some character then they could make things happen. Don't think the Bob's are those guys though.

4. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Best example of this is the years and years a new parking garage was put off at DLR.

SeventyOne likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I know it’s been since DCA opened practically that they’ve put off, but the city of Anaheim hasn’t made it easy in recent years, either. So it’s not *all* about an unwillingness.

6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Yeah no “both sides” here. They had 15 years, sorry they’re feet dragging is giving them some headaches *now*. Of course I could just as easily say Anaheim could be on board with Disney on everything they do and DLR would still be dragging their feet in some way.

7. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I wasn’t trying to imply that Disney wasn’t to blame, just that when they finally did decide to actually go forward with the new gateway, Anaheim wasn’t having it.

RevFreako likes this.
  8. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Random anecdote: called to book Spirit of Aloha later this month because you can't get a Tables in Wonderland discount via the My Magic app. Operator gave me a 5 minute spiel of fine print, a solid minute of which boiled down to "The monorails may or may not be operating, There are other ways to get around the resort you may have to use." I just found that odd. Had already mentioned I was staying off-site, but apparently required to warn me anyway.

RevFreako and belloq87 like this.
  9. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    I wonder if that's just a standard disclaimer that's been in use for a while, or something new...

SeventyOne likes this.