The State of Epcot | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did Reflections of China for what I honestly think may be the first time in my life. Amazing considering how often I go (I guess I don't go in the China pavilion besides the restaurants much). I actually really enjoyed it... much like the other Circle-Vision show in the park (O' Canada), i'm very much reminded of Soarin' by it.

Funny enough, there's no doubt I get more motion sick by the circle vision shows than actual simulators like Soarin or any of Uni's simulators.

Last edited:
I really need to venture into the actual pavilions. We always just walk around, but never much more. Did finally eat at Tokyo Dining the other night which was great.

I did Reflections of China for what I honestly think may be the first time in my life. Amazing considering how often I go (I guess I don't go in the China pavilion besides the restaurants much). I actually really enjoyed it... much like the other Circle-Vision show in the park (O' Canada), i'm very much reminded of Soarin' by it.

Funny enough, there's no doubt I get more motion sick by the circle vision shows than actual simulators like Soarin or any of Uni's simulators.
We greatly enjoy all three shows. France, followed by China and then Canada. Never feel any kind of motion sickness though. And I have big time problems with Teacup style flat rides and coasters like DC & Alpengeist.

Reactions: Nick
I did all the films on one of my last Epcot visits Labor Day weekend because it was hot as hell and I wanted to go into anything with AC. I actually really enjoyed them, dated as they are, especially O'Canada. Martin Short kills me and I was the only person laughing out loud for a good portion of it.

I'll also go to bat for the World Showcase films. They may be dated (even the updated versions!), but they're still very much in the spirit of what Epcot used to be, and I make sure to do them every trip.

I try to do the France film as often as I can when I go. It bored me to tears as a child (obviously) but now as an adult I really enjoy it. As odd as this may sound, to me it's so dated it almost feels timeless.

So I went over to EPCOT the other day for the art thing and it was cute. The Mondrian inspired cake was awesome. Like a giant rainbow cookie.

It also gave me a chance to look over the renderings I saw in relation to what's there and I realized the UoE is not being demolished for GotG, just gutted and it will have an expansion. WoL is going away to create the rest of the mini-land. I also realized that the layout of the main attraction is very much like Test Track in overall layout with a long, thin connector between the existing UoE building and a new square building that appears to be getting an exterior similar to what they are doing to ToT out in DCA. I'd guess with the long connector between the two it will have some sort of speed element in there...

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
You're reading the numbers on that axis wrong.

I'm aware of how to read google trends and wasn't referring to the line graph axis numbers.

The axis is based off the highest volume of searches for either term, which gets the highest number of 100. So based off Epcot's peak of volume searches at 100, 'Epcot' averages 66 and 'Epcot Center' averages 5.

ss 2017-02-08 at 4.23.50 PM.jpg

ss 2017-02-08 at 4.23.55 PM.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
So apparently a UK ride is on the table now as well. This coming from Martin and a few other insiders over on Magic. Supposedly it is in it's very early stages (if it happens), well behind France's ride.

Speaking of the France ride, i'm gonna guess this will be announced during the D23 Expo in July.

Reactions: Brian G.
So apparently a UK ride is on the table now as well. This coming from Martin and a few other insiders over on Magic. Supposedly it is in it's very early stages (if it happens), well behind France's ride.

Speaking of the France ride, i'm gonna guess this will be announced during the D23 Expo in July.

Wow, that's kind of a surprise. I'm guessing themed perhaps to Mary Poppins, since Disney's attempting to revive the character. I could live with that, though my elevator pitch for a UK ride has always been basically a "Great Moments in UK Literature" attraction; Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Poppins, the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, etc.

Wow, that's kind of a surprise. I'm guessing themed perhaps to Mary Poppins, since Disney's attempting to revive the character. I could live with that, though my elevator pitch for a UK ride has always been basically a "Great Moments in UK Literature" attraction; Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Poppins, the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, etc.
The UK would be a great excuse to bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but that's never going to happen. Mary Poppins is of course the most likely candidate for a ride. Alice in Wonderland is another property I could see getting a ride. Hell, there's already one in Disneyland.

Last edited:
Marry Poppins dark ride I could f with

Reactions: snayberry
I have designed a whole Doctor Who experience while wandering around delivering on my round, it also involves the whole of World Showcase and Sonic Screwdrivers !

Status
Not open for further replies.