Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The State of Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil is about as safe of a country to build if you're Disney. I get you're point though.

One thing has always bugged me about EPCOT. Disney won't build unless they get a sponsorship. I mean, if you can get the money, I guess go for it. However, don't let stuff fall apart (ex. Horizons) or refuse to build new just because there isn't a sponsor out there willing to fork over the dough. Plus, if I were a country that was going to sponsor a land, I would ensure that my people were hands-on in the development and roll-out process. It would be the only way I might feel like Disney didn't waste my money.

Just clearing something up about the rumored UK addition: it's rumored to be a B or C ticket... nothing fancy. Just something extra to do.
Hopefully its not a Mary Poppin's "crazy carousel" ride based off the Mater and soon to come Aliens ride at TSL. :rolleyes:

I always thought putting Ireland in World Showcase would be a huge success. I know they have had stands at the Food and Wine Festival, but I feel World Showcase could really benefit from having Ireland there permanently. People from all over the world seem very fascinated by Ireland and the culture, food, music. They could have a restaurant somewhat like Raglan Road, possibly a movie like several of the others lands have, and definitely some sort of Celtic Music and Dancers. I'm not sure what sort of ride would work with an Irish theme, but they could think of something.

I always thought putting Ireland in World Showcase would be a huge success. I know they have had stands at the Food and Wine Festival, but I feel World Showcase could really benefit from having Ireland there permanently. People from all over the world seem very fascinated by Ireland and the culture, food, music. They could have a restaurant somewhat like Raglan Road, possibly a movie like several of the others lands have, and definitely some sort of Celtic Music and Dancers. I'm not sure what sort of ride would work with an Irish theme, but they could think of something.
I would love that, and agree it would be one of the more popular countries.

Why not Scotland? Could have a Brave ride.

The way people are talking, it could be on it's own soon enough. :bang:

Just clearing something up about the rumored UK addition: it's rumored to be a B or C ticket... nothing fancy. Just something extra to do.

I think that's perfectly fine, and probably the most appropriate approach. World Showcase doesn't need to be filled with E-tickets. I'd be completely satisfied with a simple, 3 - 4 minute, slow-moving dark ride. Almost a counterbalance to Gran Fiesta Tour on the other side of the lagoon.

I was amazed to find out today that the lagoon and the canal the friendship boats travel is elevated 16 feet? above the canal that circles the park to provide drainage for the parking and service area. The waterworks they put in place at WDW are amazing. Rivals anything done in the Everglades IMO

So while many lately have been fairly confident that Ratatouille won out as the France attraction over BATB (it's cheaper, after all), with the new film coming in at a huge blockbuster debut, I have to think it will be hard to ignore BATB as the better option (for the company fiscally, at least). No R&D work needs to be done for BATB either... it's already done for Tokyo.

So while many lately have been fairly confident that Ratatouille won out as the France attraction over BATB (it's cheaper, after all), with the new film coming in at a huge blockbuster debut, I have to think it will be hard to ignore BATB as the better option (for the company fiscally, at least). No R&D work needs to be done for BATB either... it's already done for Tokyo.
If we simply must have IP hoisted upon us, I would much rather prefer Ratatouille as they could at least theoretically focus the ride on the food culture of Paris, as opposed to Beauty and the Beast which I'm sure would just be a book report of the movie like most of the other animated feature rides are.

I really don't see BATB as a good fit for the France pavilion. That being said we know from past precedent that they really don't care about putting much thought into that.

If we simply must have IP hoisted upon us, I would much rather prefer Ratatouille as they could at least theoretically focus the ride on the food culture of Paris, as opposed to Beauty and the Beast which I'm sure would just be a book report of the movie like most of the other animated feature rides are.
The BATB ride is supposed to be significantly better than Ratatouille actually (it was drawn up for TDL, after all). It's also about 3-4 minutes longer. Rat struggles with what people complain about at UOR... it's all screens.

However I agree that Rat is the better option as the movie ties into french culture which fits the pavillion a hell of a lot better than BATB would. However, could the merchandising opportunities of BATB be too much to turn down?

Disney missed the boat neglecting to build a B&B ride in WDW during two decades of B&B popularity. They'd be complete fools to pass it up with this huge box office success. The Rat looks OK as a ride, and it is a nice fit, BUT, it won't really get people to schedule a vacation. A Beauty & the Beast ride would, and be a big attendance driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.