The State of Epcot | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TPI article was mostly speculation. Guardians, a new entrance plaza, and Ratoutille were the only things Niles actually confirmed.

If this is a $2B expansion, there's going to be a lot more. DCA was a couple billion and they built a ton of stuff.
/QUOTE]

Instead of using DCA math, maybe we should be using Avatar math? Looking at it that way, $2B doesn't look like so much. lol

The legacy monolith contracts promised they would be visible somewhere on property for twenty years from date of purchase. That means at least the last ones sold must be visible publicly somewhere until June 16, 2027.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Joel
Over how long a period of time did they sell these things? Would any of the earlier ones already be past the 20 year mark? I'm just wondering if they would have to move all of them or if some could be discarded.
They were for the Millennium Celebration so started selling in 2000 I believe. They didn't sell as well as they wanted during that year so they kept selling them for six more after.

Edit: Maybe was 1999 leading up to millennium.

Reactions: Joel
The best part was when they were putting them in they put walls up around them in such a way that it created a giant maze to walk through. You couldn't see over them you just entered the walls and had no idea what route you would be taking and where it would put you out. They kept moving the walls as they worked so the maze route would change. I'm kind of looking forward to that when they eventually take them out.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
The actual plates of metal take up very little space. They could all be mounted on a wall somewhere inside or outside the park and get rid of the damn tombstones.

I'd have to see the contract again, but I think they left themselves an out with the potential of an "electronic" format as well. I.e. put a view screen at the foot of SSE or in nuCommunicore.

The legacy monolith contracts promised they would be visible somewhere on property for twenty years from date of purchase. That means at least the last ones sold must be visible publicly somewhere until June 16, 2027.
I'm thinking these could go along the walkway to the bus/transportation area. You could line them along the side of the park and then in-between some of the divided areas.
Fortunately, I do remember how open and impressive that area was before the monoliths rose up.

Not sure if this was posted here or not but looks like they're swapping out La Luna and For the Birds at the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival with Feast and Piper.

Bring back Captain EO.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Not sure if this was posted here or not but looks like they're swapping out La Luna and For the Birds at the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival with Feast and Piper.

Bring back Captain EO.
You know what they could do with just a moderate amount of effort... rotate through all of EPCOT's 3-D movies throughout the day. They can rebuild them. They have the technology. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.

Just a constant rotation of Magic Journeys, Captain EO, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and maybe even have one of the cartoon shorts before each show. Could even help with the park's capacity a little if some people want to see more than one show.

You know what they could do with just a moderate amount of effort... rotate through all of EPCOT's 3-D movies throughout the day. They can rebuild them. They have the technology. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.

Just a constant rotation of Magic Journeys, Captain EO, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and maybe even have one of the cartoon shorts before each show. Could even help with the park's capacity a little if some people want to see more than one show.
As much as I love Magic Journeys, there's no way the kids of today would have the patience to sit through that boring of a film.

Now, Honey I Shrunk the Audience I can get behind. I miss that show. It was very well executed. Great use of 3D.

I like the Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival. It's fine for now...

Honestly, Get a Horse is the best use of 3D in a non theme park attraction ever, and it's nice to have a theater I can still go see it (without having to go back in time and watch Frozen in theaters again.) They're keeping that one and switching out the other two probably because Get a Horse is the whole reason they decided to do this. It's a good enough film to be in a theme park attraction.

I'm glad Feast and Piper are coming. They're the best shorts Disney and Pixar have done this decade, and if this is how they're going to use this theater for now, it's nice to see them update the films, and actually choose the best ones.

One day we'll get something new here. I'm just glad they're not sticking in third-rate shorts like Riley's First Date or Mater's Tall Tales. At least they're the cream of the crop!

Reactions: Mad Dog
As much as I love Magic Journeys, there's no way the kids of today would have the patience to sit through that boring of a film.
That's true, but that would also be the advantage of a rotating roster of films. You have something for everybody.

Honestly, Get a Horse is the best use of 3D in a non theme park attraction ever, and it's nice to have a theater I can still go see it (without having to go back in time and watch Frozen in theaters again.) They're keeping that one and switching out the other two probably because Get a Horse is the whole reason they decided to do this. It's a good enough film to be in a theme park attraction.
Agreed. Get A Horse is very theme park worthy.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.