The State of Epcot | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting how modern that pavilion would look. None of the pavilions focus on the modern day country. They seem to focus on the more idealized historical version.

It's interesting how modern that pavilion would look. None of the pavilions focus on the modern day country. They seem to focus on the more idealized historical version.

Iconic is moreso the look they go for. Mansard roofs are ever present in modern Paris. The American Adventure was originally designed to be ultramodern looking and blended right into Future World. It would be the first to really embrace architecture of the last century or so though.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
So out of all the rumors swirling:
  • Revamped entrance
  • Ratatouille attraction going into the France pavilion
  • Guardians of the Galaxy attraction/coaster
  • Addition of a Brazil pavilion

What can we expect to hear announced at D23?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
  • Revamped entrance

I think you'll see clones before anything new...Wouldn't be surprised if Rat and Guardians are a lock and Leave a Legacy will be around if it still makes money, not sure though

• Revamped entrance

I would imagine that Ratatouille and Guardians are the most likely, and that while I do have caution with Brazil being announced; I could see it teased.

As for the revamped entrance, that is an open possibility.

so they are thinking of removing the "legacy"? Wouldn't that piss off a bunch of people that paid $$$$ to be added?

Those metal panels can easily be moved elsewhere in the park.
They were only guaranteed to be on property for 20 years. They could move them for the next 10 years and then destroy them all and be well within their contractual right to do so. I don't think it would cause too big a stink. Much more people want to see them removed from the entry plaza than want them to remain.

They were only guaranteed to be on property for 20 years. They could move them for the next 10 years and then destroy them all and be well within their contractual right to do so. I don't think it would cause too big a stink. Much more people want to see them removed from the entry plaza than want them to remain.

Oh is that the case? Than bulldoze them. I think it's an incredibly tacky way to enter the park. I didn't realize they were only $25 either. Knowing Disney I expected them to be at least $100.00

So Im just catching up. Would the so called GOTG coaster be an indoor or outdoor coaster? Any idea what they are cloning? I just don't see Disney creating a new ride system or layout for what seems like a cheap IP tie in. They aren't planning anther Tower of Space Jail are they?

So Im just catching up. Would the so called GOTG coaster be an indoor or outdoor coaster? Any idea what they are cloning? I just don't see Disney creating a new ride system or layout for what seems like a cheap IP tie in. They aren't planning anther Tower of Space Jail are they?
Jim Hill's new rumor from the latest Disney Dish has the existing Universe of Energy building just for queue, preshow, and gift shop/postshow. The ride would exist outside the berm, hence the need to re-route drainage and expand back of house into parking lot area.

Rumors continue to point to a Tron Light Cycle Power Run - type ride system with the bike shape ride vehicle. It could span out behind (or over) the old Wonders of Life Pavilion and then back. Parts of it could be indoors, as is the Tron ride in Shanghai, but rumors about that are a bit thin at this time. (Your guess is as good as mine really.)

EDIT: And it could be another escape-based attraction, just utilizing a different method of escape. A space-speeder-bike thingy, instead of a gantry elevator. That way some preshow footage could be re-purposed from the California attraction. But again, who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
  • Revamped entrance

I think you need to add an indepth refurb of SSE in 2019 to that list. Might go along with changing the entrance area.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Early concept art for the GotG Motorbike Coaster.
-1x-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.