The State of Epcot | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it announced at the 2019 expo, but I don't see it this year.

I'd be surprised, but I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't surprise me, considering that Pandora was announced five years before it opened.

If a new country isn't coming until 2022, it better have a substantial attraction to go with it. If it's just going to be restaurants and shops, there's no way in hell it should take five years.

And mind you, I'll take a pavilion that's just restaurants and shops. Happily. I just won't accept a Pandora-like span from announcement to completion if that's all we're getting. As such, if 2022 is accurate, I don't see any way Disney announces it at D23 unless they're prepared to confirm that a major attraction is coming with it.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
I see it announced at the 2019 expo, but I don't see it this year.

I'd be surprised, but I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't surprise me, considering that Pandora was announced five years before it opened.
Pandora was only announced so early due to contract reasons with Fox and Cameron though. So unless a similar demand is made, I don't see it.

If a new country isn't coming until 2022, it better have a substantial attraction to go with it. If it's just going to be restaurants and shops, there's no way in hell it should take five years.

And mind you, I'll take a pavilion that's just restaurants and shops. Happily. I just won't accept a Pandora-like span from announcement to completion if that's all we're getting. As such, if 2022 is accurate, I don't see any way Disney announces it at D23 unless they're prepared to confirm that a major attraction is coming with it.
Just because it's planned for a certain date doesn't mean construction is starting tomorrow. These things are set up on a schedule based on budget.

And there is a ride planned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Ryan
Pandora was only announced so early due to contract reasons with Fox and Cameron though. So unless a similar demand is made, I don't see it.

Just because it's planned for a certain date doesn't mean construction is starting tomorrow. These things are set up on a schedule based on budget.

And there is a ride planned.

As @epcyclopedia said, it could be more of the obligations by the country itself. We'll find out next week, but I do think we will see a lot announced for Epcot and DHS in particular.

Reactions: Nick
Remember the Brazil concept art I posted here awhile back (courtesy of Lee over at Magic)? Well Lee dropped more last night. This was part of the original pitch to Brazil, apparently. If any of this has made it to the final stages is unknown.

smtIeEs.jpg

jWmUFQT.jpg

veGWXDI.jpg

QKhrZml.jpg

Yeah that would necessitate something much larger (also lol oil refineries), if it's in the slice of land seen, I'm guessing it would be closer to the final concept art.

Reactions: Joel
Are we looking at a totally original ride to go into Workdshowcase? If so, that is Huge. That will be the first time in nearly two decades Disney will have built an original concept in the states.

Are we looking at a totally original ride to go into Workdshowcase? If so, that is Huge. That will be the first time in nearly two decades Disney will have built an original concept in the states.

Eh? M:S opened in 2002, RSR not too long ago... Everest. Flight of Passage.

What's your idea of an original concept?

I mean technically I would lump River Journey and FoP into original concepts as well, but that's just me
I wouldn't have agreed with this before, but I've been kind of surprised how Disney has handled this. They really are treating it like an original concept. The billboards for example simply say "ride a banshee at Animal Kingdom" with no mention whatsoever of Avatar or Pandora. Really smart move as it can appeal to people who aren't familiar with Avatar, otherwise known as the vast majority of the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.