The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I told you guys that with the way the layout of the new building(s) were, it was the only logical outcome due to the new attraction having a THEMED indoor queue. But at least if it does end up dumping guests out right there in the old section of the Studio Store, it means that wall in the Potter section may or may not receive a doorway to connect it. Eitherway, merchandise sales "should" increase haha

Maybe people will be too lazy to venture back into the park & just exit instead... yay short lines everywhere! (I can dream)

The official name will be: "The Walking Dead: Now at USH Forever... And Ever... And Ever!!"

"....visit our gift shop & buy all of our crap featuring TWD! Come check out our new TWD themed dining area opening soon!"
(okay maybe joking about that last part is a bad idea because USH might make it happen -shudders-)

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
The name is likely not changing this year at least.

It's unknown whether or not the attraction exit will connect to the Potter section of the store.

I'd say soft opening will hopefully end up being the beginning of next month so that way it will give the new attraction a month to work out any kinks before it officially opens. My guess would be the 2nd or 3rd week of June.

The exit will not dump into the section of the Studio Store currently under wraps or any section of the store at all. I'm not sure where that idea even came from but it's not happening. That section's meant to open next weekend in time for Memorial Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exit will not dump into the section of the Studio Store currently under wraps or any section of the store at all. I'm not sure where that idea even came from but it's not happening. That section's meant to open next weekend in time for Memorial Day.

Most likely from our photo updates. We were just raising a hypothesis.

Reactions: aaronmckie
It wasn't just the latest photo-update. It was logical thinking when looking at the area where the new attraction's entrance is located & knowing it has an indoor queue, there really doesn't seem to be any space for guests to have an exit via the Universal Plaza side. Not too mention what a complete cluster-F**k that would end up creating having the entrance/exit right by each other. It makes more sense to exit into the giftshop in some way. -shrugs-

We'll find out soon enough... those walls should be down within the next 2-3 weeks.

It wasn't just the latest photo-update. It was logical thinking when looking at the area where the new attraction's entrance is located & knowing it has an indoor queue, there really doesn't seem to be any space for guests to have an exit via the Universal Plaza side. Not too mention what a complete cluster-F**k that would end up creating having the entrance/exit right by each other. It makes more sense to exit into the giftshop in some way. -shrugs-

We'll find out soon enough... those walls should be down within the next 2-3 weeks.

...and how is dumping people out at the park's entrance any better? Sure it's in the giftshop but it's still a potential bottleneck. Especially when HHN comes around.

Good to hear that's not the case.

Reactions: BernardMesa
^ It's part of the store. I just asked. Attraction entrance and exit will likely be close to each other. 

Speaking more on this, guests will have to enter the space between the attraction and Baker Street to reach the entrance. Exit is next door near the Baker Street Music Hall sign.