The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That makes sense. Keeps the attraction in its area. Isn't there a gift shop just across the way? Guess that'll be the gift shop for TWD.

The beginning of the maze starts in the back of the building and you work your way forward. The building is two levels. However, the maze is only on the bottom floor. The second floor is for make-up and a break room. That last couple of scenes are generic scenes, which will allow them to change and add as more seasons of the show are completed. The strongest part of the maze would be the sets, very detailed.

In the photo below, you enter through the marquee and go through switchback queues which will lead you to the back of the building. The exit is the beige building just to the left of the marque.

Photo Update: May 14, 2016 - Universal Studios Hollywood by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

The beginning of the maze starts in the back of the building and you work your way forward. The building is two levels. However, the maze is only on the bottom floor. The second floor is for make-up and a break room. That last couple of scenes are generic scenes, which will allow them to change and add as more seasons of the show are completed. The strongest part of the maze would be the sets, very detailed.

In the photo below, you enter through the marquee and go through switchback queues which will lead you to the back of the building. The exit is the beige building just to the left of the marque.

Photo Update: May 14, 2016 - Universal Studios Hollywood by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

Interesting. Thanks for the information that you spoke about this attraction.

I'm curious, how would they be possibly handling the transition of the outside to interior line? Because we heard that there'd be a portion in this attraction that would take you to the hospital as the beginning of the haunted walkthrough. Will there be an exterior façade to help with the transition or will the transition be abrupt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor spoilers- this is only regarding the queue. I won't go into specifics on other rooms as to not spoil each room of the maze itself or the location of the scare actors. But it'll be fun!

Once you enter the building you'll enter a hospital hallway and come upon the dead inside don't open doors with the animatronic arms trying to break in. You'll make a left and enter another queue room which will be a scene from the hospital. 

We are only a few weeks out from opening and while a lot of people have expressed their initial thoughts on this attraction, I think a lot of fans will be pleasantly surprised at some of the effects used within the attraction. This is above a standard Halloween Horror Nights maze for sure. Not just more elaborate sets being used here. 

Really curious about the special effects that will be used in the attraction!

Me too! I've long been one of the rare supporters of USH having a year-round haunt so I'm very excited to see what they've come up with. I'm also curious to see what kind of crowds this brings in and what type of effects it may have on HHN. In one way this frees up the marketing for HHN to be less WD central (my personal hope), but on the other hand, this could be even more reason to keep the WD as the events core marketing material.

it's fun to note that most recent cases where USH has come up in discussion with non-theme park savvy people, they mention Wizarding World AND Walking Dead being two things they are excited to see at the park.

The burn marks on the façade were not there when the scaffolding came down. Some members were doubting it a few weeks ago but the smaller façade now has burn marks added to it too. Hopefully this means we will see a certain prop soon. 

I'm really having a hard time visualizing the helicopter in that space. To make it look even halfway good, they would need to do more damage than some black smudge marks on at least 1 of the buildings on either side of the entrance. Will it be a mini helicopter like Vin Diesel plays monkey bars with in Supercharged? Will we just get the tail end of it sticking out of the building? Similar to the old Things from Another World store front or Gru's vehicle sticking halfway into a wall? Very interested to see what winds up happening.