The Walking Dead | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I overall enjoyed it, and i'm happy to have the show back, but there were some things that put me off a bit.

On Talking Dead the executive producer said that this episode was supposed to take place 7 months after Woodbury. I personally think it might have been interesting and a smoother transition to see the show start a little earlier than 7 months later, so we'd get to see the adaptation period of the new people coming in to the jail, and how the main characters also adapted to them. All of a sudden, many things were different than usual, including the roles of the core group, as well as the bunch of new characters who were shown as completely integrated to the group. I thought that was a bit jarring after being used to dynamics of the smaller group. I would've liked some more exposition there.

Also, it felt like a slower pace than the last few seasons (except season 1, which still feels the slowest to me). By the end the episode, though, the new dynamics and characters started to settle in for me, and the pace had picked up.

The raining zombies incident was interesting and different, but in a good way here :lol: Another thing that this episode did successfully is plant a lot of seeds for things to come throughout this season; it set up a good amount of suspense and anticipation. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming episodes! :thumbs:

I agree with Felipe, the new characters should have been introduced to the show rather than just be there from the start of the season. Maybe they have so much in the rest of the season that this was a small point and the time will be better used as the series progresses.

Overall I enjoyed the show although it did get of to a slow start.

The music and zombies evoked memories of being at HHN and that was cool.I also noticed that the ratings in the US went through roof, how much of this could be attributed to HHNs?

I agree with Felipe, the new characters should have been introduced to the show rather than just be there from the start of the season. Maybe they have so much in the rest of the season that this was a small point and the time will be better used as the series progresses.

Overall I enjoyed the show although it did get of to a slow start.

The music and zombies evoked memories of being at HHN and that was cool.I also noticed that the ratings in the US went through roof, how much of this could be attributed to HHNs?

None, it was already a very, very popular show, HHNs is the one who has benefited.

- - - Updated - - -

I overall enjoyed it, and i'm happy to have the show back, but there were some things that put me off a bit.

On Talking Dead the executive producer said that this episode was supposed to take place 7 months after Woodbury. I personally think it might have been interesting and a smoother transition to see the show start a little earlier than 7 months later, so we'd get to see the adaptation period of the new people coming in to the jail, and how the main characters also adapted to them. All of a sudden, many things were different than usual, including the roles of the core group, as well as the bunch of new characters who were shown as completely integrated to the group. I thought that was a bit jarring after being used to dynamics of the smaller group. I would've liked some more exposition there.

Also, it felt like a slower pace than the last few seasons (except season 1, which still feels the slowest to me). By the end the episode, though, the new dynamics and characters started to settle in for me, and the pace had picked up.

The raining zombies incident was interesting and different, but in a good way here :lol: Another thing that this episode did successfully is plant a lot of seeds for things to come throughout this season; it set up a good amount of suspense and anticipation. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming episodes! :thumbs:

It would have felt like season two, not that I didn't like season two, and people would have flipped out.
I do agree that they could have gone wit less of the introductions and spaced it out a little bit.

I know a ton of people who began watching the show because its at HHN. Hundreds of thousands come to HHN through out October. Between this year and last I'm sure those guests contributed at least some to the ratings of the Walking Dead.

I know a ton of people who began watching the show because its at HHN. Hundreds of thousands come to HHN through out October. Between this year and last I'm sure those guests contributed at least some to the ratings of the Walking Dead.

You're giving the event too much credit. This series was big before the event - it got chosen because of its popularity. People came just for Walking Dead. (This is unlike other IP houses like The THING [2011] or Doomsday or Dead Silence, which exist not to pull people into the parks but to advertise films coming out in theaters or on DVD.)

I've liked both episodes so far... hoping it doesn't lose my interest and slow to a crawl like Season 3 did after several exciting episodes.

Being an extra on the show Ive seen some things that I cant wait to see explained. And Ive heard about HUGE things happening before the mid season finale. HUGE. The next few episodes should be intense

Somewhere in between season 2 and 3, I have found myself unable to give a damn about any of the characters on this show. Huh...

Pretty much how I've felt since Day 1.

The show is okay at times, but mostly I find myself shaking my head. There's not much on Sunday nights so I find myself drawn to it or just DVR and watch when it's convenient to me.

Fun at times, but the characters are truly terrible. Except Daryl.

Pretty much how I've felt since Day 1.

The show is okay at times, but mostly I find myself shaking my head. There's not much on Sunday nights so I find myself drawn to it or just DVR and watch when it's convenient to me.

Fun at times, but the characters are truly terrible. Except Daryl.
I personally dont see the worlds obsession with Daryl

I personally dont see the worlds obsession with Daryl

To me, just a bad ass. In comparison to everyone else he stands out easily. My opinion, of course.

By no means am I a "Daryl Fanboy" like I've seen all over the net, I don't really get that obsession either.

To me, just a bad ass. In comparison to everyone else he stands out easily. My opinion, of course.

By no means am I a "Daryl Fanboy" like I've seen all over the net, I don't really get that obsession either.

It's funny because he uses the most unpractical weapon for a zombie apocalypse.

I really can't get in tune with this season, it's slow and the introduction of this new strain only goes to show you the creators of the show really have nowhere to go with it. I'll stick to the comics as my main source of TWD, but as for the show, I'm to the point of not watching it all anymore.

It's funny because he uses the most unpractical weapon for a zombie apocalypse.

I really can't get in tune with this season, it's slow and the introduction of this new strain only goes to show you the creators of the show really have nowhere to go with it. I'll stick to the comics as my main source of TWD, but as for the show, I'm to the point of not watching it all anymore.

Actually that would be Tyreese and his hammer. :lol: Daryl's weapon is actually smart, and according to the Zombie Survival Guide, a recommended weapon. The bow doesn't make any noise to attract other walkers.

Actually that would be Tyreese and his hammer. :lol: Daryl's weapon is actually smart, and according to the Zombie Survival Guide, a recommended weapon. The bow doesn't make any noise to attract other walkers.

Are you kidding? It's one arrow per load, the process to reload a crossbow is extremely long for a zombie apocalypse. True, it's silent, but so is a regular bow which IMO would've made for a more practical weapon. It's all for shock value. And as far as the hammer, for each crossbow kill (granted you aren't dead by your first reload) Tyrese would have already killed 4 or 5. :lol:

For any of you wanting to experience the real thing, I would suggest Orange Blossom Trail just east of Orlando. Not only is it creepy, but there are tons of "zombies" laying on the sides of the road for a good three miles in that area. I drove it once and a half times over a 5 year period. I was mortified and scared both times.