The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting stuff (from Mugglenet):
"Matt Lewis, the actor who plays Neville Longbottom in the Potter films, revealed via his official Twitter account today that filming at Pinewood Studios - where 2nd unit crews have been filming scenes for Deathly Hallows - has wrapped: It's the last Harry Potter shooting day at Pinewood Studios today. Mr Stephen Woolfenden, our brilliant 2nd Unit director wants you to know! We just did a shot that we had to get in one take; pretty nerve-wracking. Lucky for me, the crew did a top job! Back to Leavesden on Sunday! Just to avoid confusion. It's the last day at Pinewood Studios. We've got loads more to do back at base; Leavesden Studios. Tally ho. Filming will continue at Leavesden Studios (the main filming location) through mid-June." http://twitter.com/Mattdavelewis

Mid June! Makes sense that the Grand Opening date of June 18th is set because actors are done filming by then and they are free to come to the press event then.

So my family had to bump the vacation up a week im going april 11th-17th... so im guessing their is no hope for me getting to ride the new ride? Please say it aint true.

man i sure hope so... it would be gut wrenching to be so close and know im not going to be back in orlando for another 2 years at the least :( Im banking on "magic" So do you think if i asked the people selling tickets about softs at the park they could tell me wich day of the week i would have my best shot

Bobby there is no knowing for sure what the best day to randomly hit a soft is (& nobody at Universal can tell you this info on when & how long it will happen) but just in general a weekday is more likely because it will be less busy. They want a small crowd for softs not 20 tour groups who will complain if they can't get on something. Also I didn't mean to sound harsh about grammar just re read everything I end up editing post at least twice most times because I don't read things over before I post so no biggie just a general reminder. Also Felipe very interesting that could stop some of the cast from coming only time will tell.

Felipe, thanks for the info on the on-site hotels. I do want to stay one & I am hoping to next year or the year after, but this year I agreed to go with my dad & brothers and my dad already booked his timeshare. I tried to explain to him that it would be better to stay on-site if we are getting express passes but he doesn't listen. lol

I meant photo updates. The last thing I want to see or hear are more announcements lol. I'm one of the spoiler-free members.

I meant photo updates. The last thing I want to see or hear are more announcements lol. I'm one of the spoiler-free members.

Well who knows what Ellen will give us & how spoiler filled that would be. It could be something like seeing the inside of the shops so I would carefully tune into that. I'm going to try to go this weekend & take some pics but if not this weekend prob. not until the 5th or so.

Curious about the current understanding regarding April 9 as a potential soft...

SAS was the first person to announce that the ride vehicles were themed as benches. There are several other details that also remain accurate, so I believe that his comment that softs would start on April 9 true at the time. It is possible that since the original post, something has changed, and recently it was suggested that team members have said as much, but I'm not sure any of that has been confirmed.

If you are a team member and are able to post this information, do you know of any reason why softs are being pushed back. I'd like that rumor confirmed. I am not asking for a definitive date, I am asking only if there is some known information that makes the April 9 date no longer valid.

On another note... the queue for touring Hogwarts is the same for riders and non-riders (they do not run along side each other). Before you enter The Room of Requirement there is an exit for those not wishing - or able - to ride. The queue for Express Pass riders meets up with the main queue right before Dumbledore's office and does not include most of the castle tour. It is unclear where the single rider queue goes, but it has been suggested that it follows the main queue and upon entering The Room of Requirement you are able to skip ahead to fill in any empty seats.

Yet another thought... today, when you ride most attractions with a heavily themed queue, riders are often disrespectful and either don't listen, or wish to bypass this part of the attraction when there are no lines. I realize that everyone here will be taking in every little detail, but are we prepared for the average riders who will be talking and making it near impossible to hear the portraits, etc. Also, how long before the preshow areas lose their interest?

Honestly, I am so over asking people to be quiet while trying to listen to the Haunted Mansion's preshow, or worse yet, having to endure the entire room speaking the Ghost Host's entire monologue as if it's a cue for congregational reciting.

Be prepared to be annoyed by the public. Be very prepared.

--- Update ---

I absolutly suck at spelling and grammer so sorry if i upseted anyone.

Don't you apologize. I think it's wonderful that you are trying to write in a foreign tongue. I understand you completely.

I posted a small photo update of photos I found on Twitter from today on page 16. There isn't really anything new going on, just finishing touches on all of the buildings.

Is there anyway we can reopen the spoilers thread now that there really are spoilers? Several members are missing out on the discussion now that spoilers have been released.

You know, I would actually bet a small amount of money that Ellen won't be doing anything Harry Potter related. I had the same hopes in 2008 for her to do something Simpsons related considering it was in the same opening timeframe as the WWOHP is.

In addition I wanted to throw this out there. The show building for FJ is ridiculously huge. It's almost twice the size of Spidey. I wouldn't be surprised to see our Great Hall in the actual ride.

For everyone wondering about when Ellen is filming, she posted this on her Twitter an hour ago:
On the ground at Universal Orlando Resort. Let's do this!

Sounds like recording in the parks will start today. I think that she will do something involving TWWoHP. I'm not sure if it will involve going in the island but she did have a contest looking for HP fans for a reason.