The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 533 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm here with my eyes shut, guys.
I just need to say three things:

1. Are soft openings still running smoothly?

2. I saw the special on NBC and I LOVED it. I'm sure you guys didn't like it because it didn't have the ride mechanics, but that comes afterwards.

3. I will be going no earlier than next Monday the 14th. Are softs likely?

1. FJ is still having issues there was no public soft yesterday

2. Yeah I'm hoping for a better tech focused special later

3. Your guess is as good as ours but that's really close to the media events so if you do get in that day it will be one of the last before the 18th

Its only a mistake if you have high expectations like you will be able to move around the shops freely or FJ will be working perfectly all day. Something silly like this but to be there on opening day is something special in itself. Those going just have to understand what they are in for which is crowds they have never imagined, long breakdowns & even longer lines, & cranky tourists. If people can just take things in stride & enjoy their day it will be fun but for those who will let things get to them I agree to stay clear away from the place & just go to Disney.

For the most part we, theme park junkies, are a different breed than the GP planning to go on the 18th. They will not understand why it is so busy, why they can't take a picture with emma watson, why the ride is having breakdowns, why they can't move in a shop to buy there wands etc etc etc.

Yea, the problem with the GP and I come across it a lot in my industry (cruise line) is that everyone has the Me complex. What I want matters, not what everyone else does. I want this, I want that, I don't care if you can't do it.

That is the majority of the GP and they all have ME complex.

For the most part we, theme park junkies, are a different breed than the GP planning to go on the 18th. They will not understand why it is so busy, why they can't take a picture with emma watson, why the ride is having breakdowns, why they can't move in a shop to buy there wands etc etc etc.

Wait, you mean my $285/day hotel and ticket only get me a 12 dollar breakfast, an hour in the park exclusive, and NO garantee of a picture with Emma Watson? WTF?????
LMAO!!!!!!

Really though, you hit it right on the head, Latveria. We Theme Park junkies are a different breed.

20+ years with the Mouse, opened some attractions, closed some attractions, opened some parks, ride ops, lead, manager, seen just about everything backstage I could ever want to see, I know certain buildings better in the dark even than my own house - heck Ive shown maintenance guys how to fix stuff before. But EVERY TIME I think Ive seen or heard it all from the GP and theres NOTHING more that could suprise me....they give me a new one I havent seen or heard before!

And THATS one of the reasons I still love working for the industry.

Last edited:
Wait, you mean my $285/day hotel and ticket only get me a 12 dollar breakfast, an hour in the park exclusive, and NO garantee of a picture with Emma Watson? WTF?????
LMAO!!!!!!

Perfect example of the me complex.

Perfect example of the me complex.

Tip # 200, if youre responded to by a Cast Member with the phrase "Have a Disney Day"after a lengthy conversation...they are not being pleasant, youre too full of yourself (Me complex) and its internal slang for "F - Off!" So, it may be time to get over yourself.
:-X

They have built a temporary interior set of the baths from Goblet of Fire backstage where people can get in the water naked with Daniel Radcliffe for a photograph. But that is only on the 18th. First come first serve however! No reservations will be taken and the express pass will get you nowhere.

They have built a temporary interior set of the baths from Goblet of Fire backstage where people can get in the water naked with Daniel Radcliffe for a photograph. But that is only on the 18th. First come first serve however! No reservations will be taken and the express pass will get you nowhere.

You mean, THATS not included either with the $285 package?? DAMN!!! And I bought this within the first few minutes it was available - I SHOULD be ENTITLED to it!!!!
And I read on some board on the Internet that this was part of the package deal, so its got to be fact!!!
How long have you worked here???
Where is Guest Services!!!!!!!
:bang:

Tip # 200, if youre responded to by a Cast Member with the phrase "Have a Disney Day"after a lengthy conversation...they are not being pleasant, youre too full of yourself (Me complex) and its internal slang for "F - Off!" So, it may be time to get over yourself.
:-X

haha... read this and immediately got reminded of an former roommate that still works at disney and told me about an altercation where she said "have a disney day".. was told the exact same thing that its an "f" you

Oh My GOSH! I thought you were going to say the water was for the cranky tourists to cool off then I burst into laughter when I read the rest. Laughted so much my eyes teared up. That was FUNNY!

Oh My GOSH! I thought you were going to say the water was for the cranky tourists to cool off then I burst into laughter when I read the rest. Laughted so much my eyes teared up. That was FUNNY!

lol, my first thought was that they built a bathroom for fj but than read on and started laughing a lot too. That was priceless.

wtriker, ohhh that makes sense haha

haha... read this and immediately got reminded of an former roommate that still works at disney and told me about an altercation where she said "have a disney day".. was told the exact same thing that its an "f" you
Wow! Glad to know this was never said to me and I did have a few ME moments at Disney but only shared those with my family. I actually feel sorry for the Cast Members and Team Members having to deal with a GREAT MASS of GPs hourly and cranky ones at that. To me they just don't get paid enough to stand out in the heat and listen to grown ups act like spoiled toddlers, you know which ones I mean.

My little girl saw a little bit of House Bunny and I over heard her say to someone who was being a bully to her "It was so nice talking to you." then the bully went on and she said "SO Nice." Then she smiled, waved and walked away. I had to control my laughter until we were out of sight of the bully.

--- Update ---

I have read a few posts saying people don't understand why people want to go on Grand Opening Day. We will be at UO from the 17-20th. Why? Well, I planned our vacation in February. I had no idea we would be there for the Grand Opening. Back in February it didn't even cross my mind that it would be so crowded that we might not even get in the park while staying off site. My original plan was to stay at a Condo for a full week, first 4 days go to WWOHP and last part of the week relaxing at the beach and recooperating from the days at the park.

Panic = book an on site hotel for the last portion of the week (on top of Condo).

I am actually not really thrilled about going during the Grand Opening but the kids are really thrilled! None of us expect to even see any of the celebrities let alone get a picture of or with them. Now that I have broken a few toes the thought of crowds terrify me. IF someone steps on my foot or knocks down one of my children I will have a serious case of ME Syndrome. I already know this so I am going to take every precausion to keep my cool.

I know it will be crowded in the park and we have 4 days with one hour early entry into the WWOHP. In 4 days if we cannot get into all of the shops and ride FJ then there is a serious problem. So, if you happen to see a really cranky woman limping, waving her wallet at the stores and has three children in tow...get as far away from me...um I mean Her as possible ;-)

Try and keep spoilers to the spoilers thread, some people don't want to know anything about what is on the ride.

Sorry, I didn't know if what I posted was considered spoilers as I read about all of it in this thread multiple times before I went.

so001.jpg

so002.jpg

so003.jpg

so003a.jpg

so004.jpg

so004a.jpg

so004b.jpg

so005.jpg

so006.jpg

English Breakfast: Eggs, English Ham, Sausage, Blood Pudding, Fried Potatoes and Mushrooms, Grilled Tomato, Croissant, and Pumpkin Juice. And I did get the AP Discount.

so007.jpg

Clock Outside of Owlery:

so008.jpg

And the Clock from inside the Owlery:

so009.jpg

Thanks Mookie for the idea for this pic, I am such a copycat. Oh, and would someone go tell that guy to move.

so010.jpg

so011.jpg

Something's missing:

so012.jpg

And the next shots show preps for the Grand Opening:

so014.jpg

so015.jpg

so016.jpg

so017.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fun and mantaguy