The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 562 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
here's a wwohp vid where a dude narrates while filming - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBE013fKFU

all the people around him must be like wtf is wrong with this guy ::lol:

--- Update ---

i just heard in that video the minister welcoming us to the 422nd quidditch world cup

huh?? that's confusing. i thought we were witnessing the 1st task of the triwizard tournament

In all seriousness, will John Williams be at the grand opening??

To be honest I don't think there's really any way to tell unless John Williams himself says: I will be there.
Teebin may really be right, but I don't want to set my hopes too high in case he isn't. Just imagine if you think Williams won't be there and then he really is and how much you'll just die when you see him. I think that's a better feeling than expecting it.

To be honest I don't think there's really any way to tell unless John Williams himself says: I will be there.
Teebin may really be right, but I don't want to set my hopes too high in case he isn't. Just imagine if you think Williams won't be there and then he really is and how much you'll just die when you see him. I think that's a better feeling than expecting it.

I never said grand opening. He may be there for the evenings proceeding on the 16th and 17th. By "may" I mean... you may not be alive tomorrow and neither may I. It is the plan however.

Sadly for all of us, it will be a private affair. I only know one person that will be in attendance. I hope he appreciates it and cries like a baby under the great composers baton.

And ViolaPlayer... 911 is your friend. Keep it together!

I never said grand opening. He may be there for the evenings proceeding on the 16th and 17th. By "may" I mean... you may not be alive tomorrow and neither may I. It is the plan however.

Sadly for all of us, it will be a private affair. I only know one person that will be in attendance. I hope he appreciates it and cries like a baby under the great composers baton.

And ViolaPlayer... 911 is your friend. Keep it together!

Oh, okay. A misunderstanding on my part then. :)

My guess would have been music but I was thinking Wierd Sisters concert. I actually thought about it today at work. If UO wanted to get some of the HP fans out of the area for awhile they could hold a concert in another part of the park freeing up some space in the WWOHP. Half the fans at the concert and half in WWOHP. But I can see it makes sense for it to be JW in the park during the special events though.

My guess would have been music but I was thinking Wierd Sisters concert. I actually thought about it today at work. If UO wanted to get some of the HP fans out of the area for awhile they could hold a concert in another part of the park freeing up some space in the WWOHP. Half the fans at the concert and half in WWOHP. But I can see it makes sense for it to be JW in the park during the special events though.
A Weird Sisters concert would be cool! How fun would it be to crowd surf like Flitwick?
Anyways, I'm headed off for today. Been interesting! A different kind of soft and JW making an appearance...makes you realize the official unveiling is just around the corner!

800px-GWR_%27Hall%27_5972_%27Olton_Hall%27_at_Doncaster_Works.JPG

This train does not have a light in the front, just like the one in IOA.

thanks for the pic

maybe I just watch the movie too much, which had the lights.
but in this picture, it does have the little numbering which is on the top of the lights.
IOA replica is also missing this small numbering.

wait, but why does it say Wizard Express instead of Hogwarts Express?

I'm pretty sure everyone was referring to this light. This is a photo of what I believe to be the same train, but this is the train as seen in the films. It may go by Wizard Express due to it starring in the films, but it appears on screen as Hogwarts Express.

hogwarts_express-1.jpg

Even the Lionel Hogwarts Express model has the light.

ionelhptrain.jpg

Personally, it's not that big of a deal for me and it won't take away from my experience whatsoever; I'm just trying to make sure you have the right information.

Hmmmmmm, I do know there is supposed to be a 3-night celebration 16th, 17th and 18th.
That may be news.

As for Teebin's news, while waiting, my nerves are strung like a cello :pixiedust:

:wave: do you play?!

Teebin, thank you for the information! Assuming it's true and it happens and we find out the date... I hope some of you get to see him conduct his music, or at least hear it from somewhere close by in the park. It is truly moving. I've seen him twice and one time he played Hedwig's Theme and I couldn't even talk for an hour after the show, I was ecstatic. While it's one thing to hear the music in the theater with the surround sound and such, it is incomparable to see the genius who wrote it conducting it in front of you while watching the bows (of the NY Phil) glide across the strings and the beautiful piece come alive. Good luck to those who are going... I hope you will be able to see it or hear it, it will be something you won't forget!

Last edited:
Thank you eveyone who provided information today. I was able to get into WWOHP today around 2:30 right when FJ went down. I was in the mob with my 10 yr old son from 9-9:45 until he was really starting to feel uncomfortable about the situation and the Uni folks were not helping the situation. Not that anyone was behaving bad it just was chaotic. So we went and enjoyed the rest of IOA and still no official word at 11:30 so we went to Studios to ride rockit. Man that ride is great. We used a purchased express pass to do Mummy, MIB, Simpsons and then heard WWOHP was open and ran back over. We got in and ran to FJ just in time for it to me down. However, we rode DC many times and all the other rides, we were the last group to experience Olivendars before it closed at 6:00. I did not know it was going to close at six and miss out on my Hogshead ale I wanted to get. But a very nice TM got a server lady to fire up the tap and bring me out one to the butter beer cart. Very nice make up compared to the other UNI ***heads. Also at the end of the day the frozen butter beer was not working as they said it was melting due to being in the hot sun and they have not been under that much use in one day(said the person working the cart). This was at 6:00PM as we wanted to walk out with a frozen BB.

We did make it through the FJ que and it is amazing. The shops are small and will be interesting to see how they handle the huge crowds. My son enjoyed everthing.

A BIG THANK YOU to many of the regulars who have posted hear and provided me info over the last few months. It was a near perfect day getting to do all the major rides in both parks and getting into WWOHP.

Does anyone know if going on single rider means I miss out completely on the queue? I know I'll probably be missing out on a lot of it, but does anyone know what I'll actually be able to see?

It really bothers me when people are talking during the queue when the professor and harry are talking, you cant here them !!!!!!! Thats why im going in September or October. Also, i dont get the locker system, they give you 30 min for free right, so what happens if you go over the time limit.

Last edited:
The lockers amount of free time at FJ work the same as the other rides where it gives you enough time for one ride & that's it & changes based on the wait time. (least amount of time being 25min. I believe)

As far as single rider (correct me if I'm wrong) skips everything but the common room. (this is where you enter) So you miss the caves,greenhouse,office,& classroom. (aka all the cool stuff)