The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 584 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's w/ the 422nd World cup program? Are they for sale, or just in a window? Also could someone please take a picture of the May 13 - June 9 wand, made of Hawthorn?

Damn, I love a person who knows how to use manual focus.

And tell me people... does that wicker train look more real than wicker itself? Big bucks for this kind of detail. Big. Wonder how much of it UOR is contesting?

So, I just wanted to give my story of the books...'cause I felt inspired.
I was 7 when I first picked one up...Before then, I was not allowed to. And to be honest, when I DID get one, I was not allowed to either XD Ah childhood rebellion...My father was all 'witchcraft! bad!' But my elementary school partnered with Scholastic for something called Reading Is Fundamental. Every kid got to pick one free book...I think they did it twice a year. It was like heaven for me. I loved reading, even if it was simple books like Amber Brown. I'd heard so much about HP, that I snagged it. It was CoS, and I hadn't read SS...but it was the only one available and I felt it was the perfect time to start. So I read it on the bus and hid it in my backpack...but I got so into it, that I just had to tell someone. And it turned out that mom didn't mind. I'd learned so much vocabulary from it, and it was more advanced than Amelia Bedelia and other typical 2nd grade books. So dad gave in...and I read and read and read. As I experienced life, the characters grew with me. I was fascinated by the character development. It made me want to become a writer. When Sirius died, it hit home because my grandparents had just passed. It was comforting to read the books and know someone else was feeling what I felt...and when I moved, I felt like I had comfort in the books, because they were a constant in my life when everything else was changing.
I cannot express the amount of influence this series has had on me. I've made many friends through it, and have grown both academically and emotionally from it. To hear all these fans raving about the park is a dream come true...
What do you know, I started in 2nd grade too.

TSSD, they were just in the window of Spintwiches, I believe. Along with "real" omnioculars. More "real" than the ones they sell in stores, anyway. They were both just decorations and as far as I am aware, were not for sale.

And manual was needed quite a bit in WWOHP when lighting issues were a pain.... or for The Monster Book of Monsters.

@TSSD - Tons more. I don't want to flood the board with the photos though. If people want them, I will post.

@Frogki - I'm a sucker for the pygmy puffs. The little 'show' (for a lack of a better term) they put on when you purchase it along with staff pointing it out and asking its name and what have you really made my experience that much better. That or.... well, the butterbeer. XD

@TSSD - Tons more. I don't want to flood the board with the photos though. If people want them, I will post.

@Frogki - I'm a sucker for the pygmy puffs. The little 'show' (for a lack of a better term) they put on when you purchase it along with staff pointing it out and asking its name and what have you really made my experience that much better. That or.... well, the butterbeer. XD
I'd never say no to more pictures :thumbs:

They put on a little show with it? That's cool... I really think I'm gonna love this place. Gosh I wish I could live in Orlando and have an AP... At least I get to go in the Fall/Winter (although I have to save up a TON of money for what I want to buy there...) I think some of that merch will freak me out... Cool stuff like the snitch, and the house stuff... I can't wait!