The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 583 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know exactly what you mean rinacee! I grew up with these books and for the past eleven years it has been my life. I cried this past saturday when the announcement that they were done filming so yeah I know how you feel. You are going to love the wwohp. It is everything youve read about. Everything. Its the books and movies come to life.

We're on p. 777. Any Harry Potter fan knows the importance.

--- Update ---

And BTW I too have grown up w/ these books and I shall be very emotional as well when I enter.

so, what is new... anything? No news here except for the fact that I could not nail down an upcoming rumor. That the Boston Symphony will be present. And I got through to higher ups in the org on the phone. Basic answer was, "that is not true, and I could not tell you if it was or was not". So please know people, I might post stuff here, but I follow it up and then sledge hammer my sources as well as the sources. JW is very involved in the BSO to this day.... and he has been confirmed short of calling me up and telling me himself. So, BSO is three different orchestras. BS, BPops, and Tanglewood. So, they have a TON of musicians to call on. BPops has an engagement at symphony hall both nights. Hell, all of New England including those from NYC are called to play at any given time for the BSO. So, we have JW, A symphony orchestra and some of the biggest fireworks this side of Thunder over Louisville. (that's the reason they are closing Turkey Lake Road.)

So, it will be worth being in IOA or Citywalk if you are into grand events, both evenings.

:') Cue End of an Era from Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls. I think it will be amazing seeing everyone around you having different reactions to the park. Truly magical.

oh wow this is going to be insane starting wednesday. eek! I cant wait. Friday will probably be intense if its a bunch of potter fans all in one location at the same time. Standing at the entrance will be frightening haha.

Oh my rowling! A giant freakin fireworks show! Thats so exciting!

rinacee, like dreamcat said, you cannot hold back tears. Walking through the Hogsmeade gates, I simply broke down. Like you two, I grew up reading these books since 1999 when I was only five and my parents gave me the first book for having a supposedly very high "reading level". All I know is that I fell in love with those books. They've been a huge part of my life from age 5 to 16, so I can say that the emotional impression was equal if not higher than the basic human impression. I know you will love this place. I know it. It will take your breath away. There are NO boring parts there for people like us. I spent like five minutes hugging the owl columns. Trust me, you will join me in dying! xD

Guys, I'm almost done with the review. I warn you: it is VERY long, so I've made it a blog post. When it's done, I'll make a link in my signature. You know, if you want to read it and all, haha.

And I must say, I met some awesome people today! (Albeit not Mark Woodberry... >_>) I met, of course, dreamcat (!), I met some ladies who were set designers and builders for the movies that came all the way from England, and I met two people that I knew from school-related shenanigans. This day was PERFECT.

oh wow this is going to be insane starting wednesday. eek! I cant wait. Friday will probably be intense if its a bunch of potter fans all in one location at the same time. Standing at the entrance will be frightening haha.

Oh my rowling! A giant freakin fireworks show! Thats so exciting!
Even if the stars are not going to be there for our viewing...I can only imagine the insane feeling of comraderie there will be in the park...Most of the people there for the GO will be die-hard fans. That amount of emotion in one concentrated space is going to be so overwhelming.

OMG. Loisten to this new news about the after hours event I'm going to on July 16th
When the rest of the guests start leaving the Park when it closes at 10 p.m., you’ll head over to the theater of The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad® for a special, one-night-only presentation by some of the brilliant and creative minds behind The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
I'll try to film it. Hopefully it will be better than the NBC special.

rinacee, like dreamcat said, you cannot hold back tears. Walking through the Hogsmeade gates, I simply broke down. Like you two, I grew up reading these books since 1999 when I was only five and my parents gave me the first book for having a supposedly very high "reading level". All I know is that I fell in love with those books. They've been a huge part of my life from age 5 to 16, so I can say that the emotional impression was equal if not higher than the basic human impression. I know you will love this place. I know it. It will take your breath away. There are NO boring parts there for people like us. I spent like five minutes hugging the owl columns. Trust me, you will join me in dying! xD

Guys, I'm almost done with the review. I warn you: it is VERY long, so I've made it a blog post. When it's done, I'll make a link in my signature. You know, if you want to read it and all, haha.

And I must say, I met some awesome people today! (Albeit not Mark Woodberry... >_>) I met, of course, dreamcat (!), I met some ladies who were set designers and builders for the movies that came all the way from England, and I met two people that I knew from school-related shenanigans. This day was PERFECT.
So, I just wanted to give my story of the books...'cause I felt inspired.
I was 7 when I first picked one up...Before then, I was not allowed to. And to be honest, when I DID get one, I was not allowed to either XD Ah childhood rebellion...My father was all 'witchcraft! bad!' But my elementary school partnered with Scholastic for something called Reading Is Fundamental. Every kid got to pick one free book...I think they did it twice a year. It was like heaven for me. I loved reading, even if it was simple books like Amber Brown. I'd heard so much about HP, that I snagged it. It was CoS, and I hadn't read SS...but it was the only one available and I felt it was the perfect time to start. So I read it on the bus and hid it in my backpack...but I got so into it, that I just had to tell someone. And it turned out that mom didn't mind. I'd learned so much vocabulary from it, and it was more advanced than Amelia Bedelia and other typical 2nd grade books. So dad gave in...and I read and read and read. As I experienced life, the characters grew with me. I was fascinated by the character development. It made me want to become a writer. When Sirius died, it hit home because my grandparents had just passed. It was comforting to read the books and know someone else was feeling what I felt...and when I moved, I felt like I had comfort in the books, because they were a constant in my life when everything else was changing.
I cannot express the amount of influence this series has had on me. I've made many friends through it, and have grown both academically and emotionally from it. To hear all these fans raving about the park is a dream come true...

This might be a bit of a silly question, but where is it permissible to post photos of the queue, park, and the smaller details (e.g., the monster book of monsters and whatever else have you)? Would the spoiler's thread be the best place?

I didn't see many emotional kids (by which I mean those who are of "wand selection" age) at the park, but most seemed to be enjoying themselves. However, I think those who are true fans who've read the books, watched the movies, and have become immersed in a world they've yet to experience will be emotionally "hit" the hardest; usually those in their late teens and twenties. I, myself, found myself skipping and grinning and bouncing with excitement. Unlike viola, no crying or dying. But certainly enough that the employees felt it emanating from me, I'm certain.

Even if the stars are not going to be there for our viewing...I can only imagine the insane feeling of comraderie there will be in the park...Most of the people there for the GO will be die-hard fans. That amount of emotion in one concentrated space is going to be so overwhelming.

Yessuh, I just hope Fred and George don't blow the castle up... with perhaps the help of Zambelli Internationale.

This might be a bit of a silly question, but where is it permissible to post photos of the queue, park, and the smaller details (e.g., the monster book of monsters and whatever else have you)? Would the spoiler's thread be the best place?
Anything that is not from Forbidden Journey's queue or the ride itself can be posted here. Anything Forbidden Journey related should be posted in the FJ spoilers thread.

V!ola, I can't wait to read your review. I have a feeling that it will be similar to my feelings, minus the dying and crying. :lol:

Everyone give me your gut feeling on whether WWOHP will be open this Thursday 7/17 for softs (the eve of the grand opening).

Everyone give me your gut feeling on whether WWOHP will be open this Thursday 7/17 for softs (the eve of the grand opening).

Not a chance. If it's open at all it would only be for package people (not resort guests even prob.) for a very limited time in the morning so no regular guests. If I had to give a really good guess I would say tomorrow (Tues.) is the last day for public soft.

Thank you, Teebin! I don't lurk here as often as I used to. So, that being said, a few photos of everything NOT FJ (those will go in the spoilers? thread):

32126_527954789279_206801919_31418627_4642850_n.jpg

32126_527954794269_206801919_31418628_4231568_n.jpg

32126_527954824209_206801919_31418634_3883735_n.jpg

32126_527954854149_206801919_31418640_1434830_n.jpg

32126_527954948959_206801919_31418644_1792541_n.jpg

32126_527954958939_206801919_31418645_7147115_n.jpg

32126_527954968919_206801919_31418647_1930437_n.jpg

32126_527954978899_206801919_31418649_7178062_n.jpg

32126_527954998859_206801919_31418653_6278806_n.jpg

32126_527955088679_206801919_31418662_7436424_n.jpg

32126_527955123609_206801919_31418667_1016589_n.jpg

32126_527955133589_206801919_31418668_6954626_n.jpg

32126_527955148559_206801919_31418671_6398720_n.jpg

31336_527955263329_206801919_31418679_438600_n.jpg

31336_527955293269_206801919_31418685_7978198_n.jpg

Will post more later if anyone else is interested. :]

Reactions: Felipe and TSSD
So, I just wanted to give my story of the books...'cause I felt inspired.
I was 7 when I first picked one up...Before then, I was not allowed to. And to be honest, when I DID get one, I was not allowed to either XD Ah childhood rebellion...My father was all 'witchcraft! bad!' But my elementary school partnered with Scholastic for something called Reading Is Fundamental. Every kid got to pick one free book...I think they did it twice a year. It was like heaven for me. I loved reading, even if it was simple books like Amber Brown. I'd heard so much about HP, that I snagged it. It was CoS, and I hadn't read SS...but it was the only one available and I felt it was the perfect time to start. So I read it on the bus and hid it in my backpack...but I got so into it, that I just had to tell someone. And it turned out that mom didn't mind. I'd learned so much vocabulary from it, and it was more advanced than Amelia Bedelia and other typical 2nd grade books. So dad gave in...and I read and read and read. As I experienced life, the characters grew with me. I was fascinated by the character development. It made me want to become a writer. When Sirius died, it hit home because my grandparents had just passed. It was comforting to read the books and know someone else was feeling what I felt...and when I moved, I felt like I had comfort in the books, because they were a constant in my life when everything else was changing.
I cannot express the amount of influence this series has had on me. I've made many friends through it, and have grown both academically and emotionally from it. To hear all these fans raving about the park is a dream come true...

I loved your story! I'm only 13, but please don't discredit my fanship (I don't know the real word for it xD) for that. I've been with the books since I was a young child (probably when I was 6 I saw the first movie and absolutely loved it!) Soon after I started reading the first book, and I just went from there. I felt like the books summed up how I felt at times. Until recently, I hadn't given theme parks a fair shake. I now love them, and Orlando is the place I want to move to when I go off to college. So when I heard about this, I just about died. This series has given me many messages throughout the years, and walking through the gate way to this world will be a VERY emotional experience. I don't know if I'll cry, especially considering I'm a guy, but I know I will definitely be extremely happy. I will probably be hyperventilating. I think the thing that will hit me the most is seeing the castle in the distance...