The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 759 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
RowdyRoddyPiper.jpg

I've read on this forum just within the last ten minutes alone people calling the new Blackbeard projection stupid, saying Ariel's animatronic looks wonky, and ragging on Disney for opening StarTours before all their simulator cars are in order. How is it that these things are brushed off yet someone saying Potter's shops are poorly planned out and stupidly tiny (which they are) is treated like some hostile attack against the Pantheon of Theme Park Gods? I suppose It's only safe to post complaints about any other park but Universal? Because that's exactly how it looks at this point. I love both parks, I do (otherwise, I'd get new jobs) but it certainly feels the majority of outspoken members here are very one-sided.

Regardless, I didn't mean to cause a stink. Sorry to those who instantly flamed on under the assumption that I was some UO-dissing trollmongle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian G.
I've read on this forum just within the last ten minutes alone people calling the new Blackbeard projection stupid, saying Ariel's animatronic looks wonky, and ragging on Disney for opening StarTours before all their simulator cars are in order. How is it that these things are brushed off yet someone saying Potter's shops are poorly planned out and stupidly tiny (which they are) is treated like some hostile attack against the Pantheon of Theme Park Gods? I suppose It's only safe to post complaints about any other park but Universal? Because that's exactly how it looks at this point. I love both parks, I do (otherwise, I'd get new jobs) but it certainly feels the majority of outspoken members here are very one-sided.

Regardless, I didn't mean to cause a stink. Sorry to those who instantly flamed on under the assumption that I was some UO-dissing trollmongle.

Bias is, unfortunately, natural for a message board. It's never on purpose, but it can happen. Just don't be afraid to post your opinions. As long as you are respectful (which I believe you were) its your right to voice how you feel. Just remember, haters gonna hate :lol::thumbs:

I think some of us over-perceived your relative negativity (which is forgivable, like you said, with people calling certain things of Disney stupid and all that), and the whole thing got out of line. I don't agree with you, of course, but my comments did seem a bit too negative; as I said, I only meant to be comically angsty.

Now, let's get back on topic here for what this thread is about.

I think some of us over-perceived your relative negativity (which is forgivable, like you said, with people calling certain things of Disney stupid and all that), and the whole thing got out of line. I don't agree with you, of course, but my comments did seem a bit too negative; as I said, I only meant to be comically angsty.

Now, let's get back on topic here for what this thread is about.

100% agreed!

I was just there yesterday and Flight of the Hippogryff was 40 minutes to FJ's 20 (Single riders=0 minute wait). It was kind of awesome. I love having a children's ride just outside FJ because it really sucks people into it and out of where I'm going :lol:

Regardless, I didn't mean to cause a stink. Sorry to those who instantly flamed on under the assumption that I was some.
To tell you the truth, I don't think it was that you posted an anti-HP comment, it was the fact that a lot of people here didn't know you, and your first three posts were very pro-Disney and anti-Uni, so that was peoples first impression of you. Not saying it was wrong of you to post that, but I don't think it was purely your reasons that people got annoyed. That being said, feel free to post your opinion, especially considering that we now know that you're not some "UO-dissing trollmongle." :lol:

To tell you the truth, I don't think it was that you posted an anti-HP comment, it was the fact that a lot of people here didn't know you, and your first three posts were very pro-Disney and anti-Uni, so that was peoples first impression of you. Not saying it was wrong of you to post that, but I don't think it was purely your reasons that people got annoyed. That being said, feel free to post your opinion, especially considering that we now know that you're not some "UO-dissing trollmongle." :lol:

:rofl:

I'm not anti-HP in the least. I LOVE that ride and walk-through. Hogsmeade does get under my skin sometimes though. Like when I'm walking through Fantasyland at MK (minus less interesting structures).

Very random shots from yesterday, on a side note all effects working on all rides and shops. :thumbs:

May142011030.jpg

May142011035.jpg

May142011038.jpg

May142011033.jpg

May142011026-1.jpg

Wow. Those are what early May, non-holiday crowds are looking like? :stunned: This used to be a really quiet time at the resort. haha

Wow. Those are what early May, non-holiday crowds are looking like? :stunned: This used to be a really quiet time at the resort. haha

Wait times I witnessed during my short visit to IOA.

Spiderman 60 min
Hulk 60 min
Doom 45 Min
Ripsaw 75 min
FOtH 40 Min
FJ 60 Min
Dragons 45 Min
Suess Trolley 40 Min
Cat in the Hat 30 Min

There was a 20-30 min wait to get inside the Three Broomsticks and Ollivanders had about a 30-45 minute wait. However there were not any real waits for the shops except for Honeydukes which you just couldn't get in. We ate at the Comic Strip cafe for a change and it took about 30 minutes just to get food. The park was VERY busy.

--- Update ---

How was the butterbeer?

Each cart had huge lines on both side but I got mine within 30 seconds of standing in line at the Hogshead :thumbs: It was funny I took my youngest sister for her first time and my wife who has been a lot and they wanted butterbeer and I said come with me. :lol: They didn't question me for the rest of the day.

Each cart had huge lines on both side but I got mine within 30 seconds of standing in line at the Hogshead :thumbs: It was funny I took my youngest sister for her first time and my wife who has been a lot and they wanted butterbeer and I said come with me. :lol: They didn't question me for the rest of the day.

HH never lets you down!:lol:

Wait times I witnessed during my short visit to IOA.

Spiderman 60 min
Hulk 60 min
Doom 45 Min
Ripsaw 75 min
FOtH 40 Min
FJ 60 Min
Dragons 45 Min
Suess Trolley 40 Min
Cat in the Hat 30 Min

There was a 20-30 min wait to get inside the Three Broomsticks and Ollivanders had about a 30-45 minute wait. However there were not any real waits for the shops except for Honeydukes which you just couldn't get in. We ate at the Comic Strip cafe for a change and it took about 30 minutes just to get food. The park was VERY busy.

I'm sweating just thinking about it.