The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 758 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No matter how much you like it or will defend it to its death, the WWOHP is too small for the crowds it has. That's a fact. That doesn't make Universal stupid, but the space could have been better executed. It doesn't completely ruin the experience, but walking the WWHOP full of crowds in July is not fun. Unless you like conducting tests on deodorant strength.

I'm one of the WWoHPs biggest supporters, and even I agree! I understand that Jo wanted it to be true to the books, but I think they could have made everything a bit bigger. I mean, who cares if the shops are bigger than they are in the books and movies??? Honeydukes is actually smaller than the movies!

WWoHP's paths are the same width as all the others in IoA. And they had limited space to work with. It is only the hordes of tourists' fault that it's so packed. The island has plenty of faults, there's no doubt, but, in my opinion, this just isn't that big of a deal. I find it pointless to complain about crowds when you're in an Orlando theme park. :bonk: Just have fun, and if you can't, then yes, you are a fanboy of the other resort.

I can assure you Webslinger is not biased.

I'm not sure whether he is or not, and I trust your opinion, but I can understand how people could think that. This is the first time I remember seeing him, although I'm assuming he's been here before, due to his 200+ posts, and I've seen three posts of his today. The first two were Uni, and bashed Uni and what they've done, complimenting Disney too, and the third one was Disney, and a glowing review, with nothing bad to say. Again, I trust your opinion, but I could see how people could believe it.

WWoHP's paths are the same width as all the others in IoA. And they had limited space to work with. It is only the hordes of tourists' fault that it's so packed. The island has plenty of faults, there's no doubt, but, in my opinion, this just isn't that big of a deal. I find it pointless to complain about crowds when you're in an Orlando theme park. :bonk: Just have fun, and if you can't, then yes, you are a fanboy of the other resort.

I can enjoy myself at the WWOHP, but I still think it is fair to point out what cold be better. I know this thread isn't the place for this, but I REALLY hate how Disney fans have been turned into villains on the internet. Sure,there are plenty of ignorant, disrespectful, fans out there in the world. But the same can be said for anything. I am a fanboy, and damn proud of it. That's why I own 18 books about Disney World and spend so much time on the internet reading and writing about it. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy Universal just as much. I love it too. Just because a Disney fan is passionate, doesn't make it a bad thing. The WWOHP isn't for everyone, just like the new Star Tours 3D or Fantasyland Expansion won't be for everyone. Nothing in a theme park is. Every experience is unique, just like everyone's opinion of the experience will be. Just like Randal in Clerks 2, I'm taking it back. I'm proud to say I'm a Disney Fanboy:ears:.

Ahh a logical reason finally. Uhh what other single park expansion paid for itself within the first year of opening? Let alone a 240+ million dollar one. Having an extra 1 million people in a single park in two quarters will do that guys. NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE knew it was going to be this good or this successful. Hence why Universal is fast tracking an expansion that some have such a hard time believing. Its so funny to me, the same people who complain about it being to small are some of the same ones who don't want it expanded and think its to soon make up your mind and stick with it. :shrug:

I can enjoy myself at the WWOHP, but I still think it is fair to point out what cold be better. I know this thread isn't the place for this, but I REALLY hate how Disney fans have been turned into villains on the internet. Sure,there are plenty of ignorant, disrespectful, fans out there in the world. But the same can be said for anything. I am a fanboy, and damn proud of it. That's why I own 18 books about Disney World and spend so much time on the internet reading and writing about it. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy Universal just as much. I love it too. Just because a Disney fan is passionate, doesn't make it a bad thing. The WWOHP isn't for everyone, just like the new Star Tours 3D or Fantasyland Expansion won't be for everyone. Nothing in a theme park is. Every experience is unique, just like everyone's opinion of the experience will be. Just like Randal in Clerks 2, I'm taking it back. I'm proud to say I'm a Disney Fanboy:ears:.

I completely agree. I can have a fun day at Disney, even though I like Universal better, and there are plenty of people who love either park and arene't obnoxious about it. But when you bash a whole land just because it's crowded, I mean come on.

--- Update ---

Ahh a logical reason finally. Uhh what other single park expansion paid for itself within the first year of opening? Let alone a 240+ million dollar one. Having an extra 1 million people in a single park in two quarters will do that guys. NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE knew it was going to be this good or this successful. Hence why Universal is fast tracking an expansion that some have such a hard time believing. Its so funny to me, the same people who complain about it being to small are some of the same ones who don't want it expanded and think its to soon make up your mind and stick with it. :shrug:

I never said I think it's too small. I don't. Thanks for being polite about it. *sarcasm*

The guy is deliberately trying to wind alot of people on here up.WWoHP isnt perfect, but why would the guy spend three fourths of his time being negative about a well-done land. You go to theme parks to have fun and enjoy it, not nitpick at details . Placement of the cash register? Your having a laugh! :lol:

Yes, it is cramped. Yes, it would be nice if it was bigger. But the way he goes about saying it isn't exactly "respectful." He is obviously a uni hater. Now thats ok, but he doesnt have to tell the whole world that he doesnt like universal.

I know, when you are done visiting the fantasyland expansion, post a review and lets see what ( if anything) you find wrong... :inquisitive:

Last edited:
When it comes to the pathways being the same width, thats the ONLY thing Uni was able to get from JKR and allow them to have bigger than the books, but as far as the size of the shops, she wasn't budging and they didn't have a TON of space to work with either.

I completely agree. I can have a fun day at Disney, even though I like Universal better, and there are plenty of people who love either park and arene't obnoxious about it. But when you bash a whole land just because it's crowded, I mean come on.

--- Update ---

I never said I think it's too small. I don't. Thanks for being polite about it. *sarcasm*

Yeah I know you didn't I was agreeing with you. Friendly fire, MAN DOWN!

Whooooa, I didn't intend on an avalanche of comments. Thanks, Briman, for holding the fort in my absence. About being biased, I am both a WDW Cast and UO Team Member and love/hate them both respectfully. Coincidentally, I was at Wizarding World not thirty minutes ago buying supplies for a upcoming Potter party. Bare in mind, I was commenting on WWoHP nearly a year after it's debut and have been there on a weekly average since open. Had my post earlier been in the wake of the WWoHP soft opening, I would have sounded almost as giddy and ridiculous as the super-fans. But it wasn't. I've had time to digest it all and am no longer wearing the same OMG-Goggles I was in opening day. I said the ride blows me away when I go on it, but some poor poor planning went into some of those shops. It's suffocating. I think, all things considered, it's a fair complaint.

He is obviously a uni hater.

Apparently you failed to read my post listing Spider-Man as my all time favorite ride.

I know, when you are done visiting the fantasyland expansion, post a review and lets see what ( if anything) you find wrong... :inquisitive:

1) There is enough dining at MK, do something else with B&B.
2) No mouse-houses. That's awful.
3) A circus with dueling-Dumbos? I'll probably visit once and avoid it thereafter.
4) In a pinch due to no new boy attractions? How about ditching the Dumbos and adding a Never-land section? Pan's treehouse and The jolly Roger would have been SO cool.

Horcruz was a typo. Believe it or not, the word "Horcrux" doesn't come standard with most spell-checks.

If anything, all of these outbursts seem to highlight suspects for Disney-Haters. Chill-pills, anyone?

Last edited:
Oh no, his post comes NOTHING close to the review someone posted back in August, I need to go trolling through the boards to find it, but OMG that was a review full of spite and hate from a Disney fanboy :lol:

--- Update ---

Found it!

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...quot-Slate-quot-gives-WWoHP-a-scathing-review

hahahahahah thank you for finding it wow. I wouldn't waste two sentences on negativity. He i love disney more but WWOHP gives me just as equal goosebumps!!!

hahahahahah thank you for finding it wow. I wouldn't waste two sentences on negativity. He i love disney more but WWOHP gives me just as equal goosebumps!!!

I'm a Disney geek, like UBER Disney geek, but I give props and I flame whenever necessary :thumbs:

DARNIT!!!! Vyrus already used Uber :bang: Ok, let's see...I'm a.....a.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa MEGA-Nerd!!! ya, nice save Cwool.....Mega...ya.

Anyways, ya...I'm both a Disney and Uni. MEGA-Nerd (Not saying I'm better than anyone here...I was going to use Uber but Vyrus had already used it in the post above) and have been frequenting both parks since I was a young'n (I guess I still am kind of a young'n at the age of 20 going on 21). I LOVE both parks, and for different reasons. Disney is my home...PERIOD. Universal is where I go to feel like a hero and a star. Disney has it's problems (not many amazing new attractions...except for Everest and even then alot of its effects aren't working all the time and poor Yeti is frozen in place) and so does Uni (Refurbs aren't always amazing, things aren't always cleaned up like they should be). Both also do several things right (Disney does great refurbs and always keeps most things looking brand spankin new and Uni. makes some pretty cool new thrilling attractions). Both parks have their negatives and their positives, their lovers and their haters. But no matter which way you spin it both are amazing and not one is better than the other.

We're all on this forum for one reason and one reason only: and that's to discuss our love of all things theme parks. Whether it be about what's going on in Walt's World with the Fantasyland Expansion and Star Tours 2, or over where the Boy wizard lives with the big announcement due for May 19th and some possible big enhancements to beloved attractions; we're all here for the same reason and one thing unites us: we're theme park "enthusiasts". Some may have been teased when they were kids because it wasn't "cool" to go on and on about what's new in the kingdom or how bad-ass that new ride was, some may have gotten weird glances when they would fly into a rage because an old attraction was about to be gutted...but non of that matters here. OU is a place where we come because we don't expect to get bashed or made fun of due to our over-excitment, our passion, our love and our enthusiasm over the parks and rides.

It saddens me to see several pages worth of useless arguing and hating on members just because they have a differing opinion than yours. Opinions are opinions, and we are each entitled to our own. You are more than allowed to say that you don't agree with someone's opinion, but to start ranting and (excuse my french) bitching about it...that upsets me. We're supposed to be family here, and these arguments are making the bonds that tie weaker...so, just agree to disagree...ok? We are all Theme Park Enthusiasts, and we are all here for the same reason. So, can't we just hug it out like men?

rant/

Last edited:
I would suggest a Universal vs. Disney thread, but that could only end in back and forth raging of long paragraphs containing caps-locks and exclamation points.
So Cwoolboy pretty much settled it from here! Nobody should get bashed for having an opinion. There will always be "fanboys" no matter what. Biased or not, they still have an opinion.

I wouldn't know why a Disney fanboy would go to a Universal thread and purposely say negative things just to stir Universal fanboys up. So why should it be treated that way? Like Cwoolboy said, people will always disagree on some level, and there is no right or wrong statement about either of the resorts. You shouldn't be offended because your precious theme park was just bashed on.

I would suggest a Universal vs. Disney thread, but that could only end in back and forth raging of long paragraphs containing caps-locks and exclamation points.
So Cwoolboy pretty much settled it from here! Nobody should get bashed for having an opinion. There will always be "fanboys" no matter what. Biased or not, they still have an opinion.

I wouldn't know why a Disney fanboy would go to a Universal thread and purposely say negative things just to stir Universal fanboys up. So why should it be treated that way? Like Cwoolboy said, people will always disagree on some level, and there is no right or wrong statement about either of the resorts. You shouldn't be offended because your precious theme park was just bashed on.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?2722-Disney-v.-Universal-The-Official-Thread

Another good idea would be to try to phrase your complaints so they don't come across as insults or "bashing". I never said I was ok with bashing, it's just rude and wrong. I don't mean to come across as Mr. Johnny Sunshine and Rainbows over here, It's just...u know, bashing kind of takes away from what the thread is about soooooo:focus:

Last edited: