The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 757 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm already over the Wizarding World as it stands. The ride completely blew me away, but, as I emerged back into the stupidly small Hogsmead with stupidly large crowds of stupidly obnoxious super-fans, I was pulled right back down to Earth--and a very unmagical, mugglly Earth at that. I can't wait if/when they expand this section of the park; chiefly the merchandise areas. I thought Rowlings justifying their terribly tiny size as "authentically" English was bogus. Zonkos, Honeydukes, and even Olivanders were HUGE in the films compared to how they're portrayed. What really irked me most was just how poorly organized the shops were. What genius decided to funnel the show dump from Olivanders into the teeny wand shop whose register is located most inconveniently in the square center of the the most crowded store on the island suffocating any formal lines of guests seeking to buy?

One answer to this dilemma would be the addition of Diagon Alley. Relocate Olivanders and Zonkos to where they belong and do them right. Also, I think Posiden's Fury would make a rockin' Horcruz attraction. It looks very similar to the oceanic cave where Dumbles and a Harry fought off the aquatic zombie fellas while attempting to retrieve the locket.

Apart from your completely ignorant comments, I honestly cannot take you seriously if you called a Horcrux a "Horcruz" and Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore simply "Dumbles".

So no, I will not justify your thoughts with a response.

Apart from your completely ignorant comments, I honestly cannot take you seriously if you called a Horcrux a "Horcruz" and Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore simply "Dumbles".

So no, I will not justify your thoughts with a response.

You need to take it from a 10 to about a 2. "Horcruz" could have been a typo. As far as "Dumbles", who cares? :lol:

Everyone here knows how much the Wizarding World of Harry Potter means to me, so the arguments given, while some are based off the truth, are completely blasphemous (e.x. "stupidly small Hogsmead with stupidly large crowds of stupidly obnoxious super-fans", "Rowlings justifying... was bogus"). Also, the movie sets weren't even as large as the ones in the place! But "Dumbles" is inexcusable.

Sorry, but this hate won't run here, Scarletwebslingr. *snap snap*

Everyone here knows how much the Wizarding World of Harry Potter means to me, so the arguments given, while some are based off the truth, are completely blasphemous (e.x. "stupidly small Hogsmead with stupidly large crowds of stupidly obnoxious super-fans", "Rowlings justifying... was bogus"). Also, the movie sets weren't even as large as the ones in the place! But "Dumbles" is inexcusable.

Sorry, but this hate won't run here, Scarletwebslingr. *snap snap*

People will always have opinions on stuff. WWoHP gets all the respect and praise because it's the new kid on the block? If anything else got pelted with truthful comments, then people would be open to discussing it... not calling them ignorant and "blasphemous" for voicing their opinion. Isn't that one of points of having a theme park forum?

Some if what Scarletwebsinger can very well be arguably true. Certain shop designs weren't carefully executed, and the whole place is rather small.
But I don't hate it, and I'm not intending hate comments.

Yes, but the way in which their post was stated was just juvenile and negative. I'm but one fanboy of WWoHP, and I will defend its cause to the death (we all know how that works), and fandoms have heated debates, yes, but they work when they're well-formed, yet not when they are simple bashes.

Besides, I think my arguments were taken a bit too seriously. I was being comically angsty (if that makes sense).

wow. out of the millions of people i seen post about harry potter world your the first I've seen so bitter. May god have mercy on your theme park soul. And the moron that created the park happens to be a genius that I'm sure all of us would love to meet or talk to. Damn I would love to pick his brain

wow. out of the millions of people i seen post about harry potter world your the first I've seen so bitter. May god have mercy on your theme park soul. And the moron that created the park happens to be a genius that I'm sure all of us would love to meet or talk to. Damn I would love to pick his brain

Oh no, his post comes NOTHING close to the review someone posted back in August, I need to go trolling through the boards to find it, but OMG that was a review full of spite and hate from a Disney fanboy :lol:

--- Update ---

Found it!

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...quot-Slate-quot-gives-WWoHP-a-scathing-review

I'm already over the Wizarding World as it stands. The ride completely blew me away, but, as I emerged back into the stupidly small Hogsmead with stupidly large crowds of stupidly obnoxious super-fans, I was pulled right back down to Earth--and a very unmagical, mugglly Earth at that. I can't wait if/when they expand this section of the park; chiefly the merchandise areas. I thought Rowlings justifying their terribly tiny size as "authentically" English was bogus. Zonkos, Honeydukes, and even Olivanders were HUGE in the films compared to how they're portrayed. What really irked me most was just how poorly organized the shops were. What genius decided to funnel the show dump from Olivanders into the teeny wand shop whose register is located most inconveniently in the square center of the the most crowded store on the island suffocating any formal lines of guests seeking to buy?

One answer to this dilemma would be the addition of Diagon Alley. Relocate Olivanders and Zonkos to where they belong and do them right. Also, I think Posiden's Fury would make a rockin' Horcruz attraction. It looks very similar to the oceanic cave where Dumbles and a Harry fought off the aquatic zombie fellas while attempting to retrieve the locket.

I respect your opinion, but really? This is the second Uni thread today that I've gone on to see you trashing what it was about. You have the right to post your opinion, but please don't just spread hate for Universal.

Last edited:
Honestly, Webslingr's making a good point about how the space and capacity issues can ruin the experience and maybe an expansion could help it. I certainly have an issue with Forbidden Journey having its queue entrance, lockers, gift shop, and exit so packed together in the entrance of Hogwarts.

Could Universal have foreseen crowd problems better? Maybe. Would've that affected the level of detail in Wizarding World? Who knows? It's a tough balance of creativity, commerce, and foresight.

:troll:

I agree the shops are a bit small, but they are like that on purpose, the bottleneck through while entering/exiting FJ can be frustrating especially if you have stupid people in front of you. I would definitely welcome an expansion with another Ollivanders with hopefully 2 showrooms in it as well and more areas to walk around and shop.

No matter how much you like it or will defend it to its death, the WWOHP is too small for the crowds it has. That's a fact. That doesn't make Universal stupid, but the space could have been better executed. It doesn't completely ruin the experience, but walking the WWHOP full of crowds in July is not fun. Unless you like conducting tests on deodorant strength.

Mark Woodbury
Thierry Coup
Scott Trowbridge before he left for Disney.

These three were just some of the main people who were the brainchilds of this amazing land. All three of which were also heavily involved in the creation of Island of Adventure as well.