The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 755 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love to get chosen how much are the wands? I doubt i'd buy one unless I was chosen tbh though.

Wands that choose you, or "birthday wands" (because they're based on your birthday) are about $30. I think character wands (Harry's wand, Voldemort's wand, etc) are a little cheaper ($25 or something like that...).

I remember when I got chosen for Ollivander's the day before Christmas last year.

Guess what I did?

And it wasn't bawl like an idiot if that's what you're thinking!

Well, maybe it was, but I "must not tell lies"...

My entire plan of attack point about hitting Olivanders first is getting it done early and not taking a chance of running into a huge line later at night. Because once the end of the night hits you will want to spend as much time wondering around the shops and getting that final ride in on the FJ before the queue closes.

If I was to recommend any plan of attack to any person, whether it be a stranger, family or friend I would stick to the plan I posted on the previous page. It has worked for me time and time again on numerous trips with family and friends who went for the first time. In the future plan on seeing a guide that takes it to the next level.

I remember when I got chosen for Ollivander's the day before Christmas last year.

Guess what I did?

I once got chosen too. I bawled like an idiot, and I'm not afraid to admit it!:lol

When we were in WWOHP in June last year - softs before proper opening - Olivanders was just a shop where you bought wands.

Is there something else going on in there now?:inquisitive:

When we were in WWOHP in June last year - softs before proper opening - Olivanders was just a shop where you bought wands.

Is there something else going on in there now?:inquisitive:

Ollivanders was always a mini show where a wand chose someone. The wand shop you are speaking of was actually the Owl Post.

--- Update ---

Guess what I did?

Not surprised :lol:

Did they have to bring in a defribulator cause you did one of these --->:faint:

ALL wands are $30. You may buy one even if you don't get picked for the show. They also sell them (most of the time) in a cart by Hippogriff, and in the Islands Trading Co. store. :thumbs:

ALL wands are $30. You may buy one even if you don't get picked for the show. They also sell them (most of the time) in a cart by Hippogriff, and in the Islands Trading Co. store. :thumbs:

However ONLY in Ollivanders can you get your birthday wand, in the other locations they only sell the replica wands of the characters.

All I can say is that it's a really neat little show.

And it's good for all ages...

dsc7742s.jpg

Ollivanders was always a mini show where a wand chose someone. The wand shop you are speaking of was actually the Owl Post.

Ahh ok ta. It was so crowded I was out of there quicker than you can say expelaramo (sp?). Will look out for Ollivanders in June.