The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 754 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just letting everyone know that the ice cream outside in the cart isn't around unless it's like 100 degrees. Went today and the crowds were really low and there was no ice cream. :(

Try doing everything else first, and then save Harry Potter til the evening when it gets later and darker. It's a lot less crowded, and it's not as hot. Plus Hogsmeade is beautiful at night time.

Try doing everything else first, and then save Harry Potter til the evening when it gets later and darker. It's a lot less crowded, and it's not as hot. Plus Hogsmeade is beautiful at night time.

:iagree:

I tried going early and late, but late was by far the more enjoyable experience.

Abnormally huge crowd such.

Two simple things to do,
1. Go to the WWoHP before 9:30 AM, go to Ollivanders, then the FJ, get a butterbeer, do some shops, and then hit the Three Broomsticks before leaving the WWoHP.
2. Go to the WWoHP after 9:00 PM, do FotH, then DC, then the FJ, and then more shops since they stay open later than the rides!

Do those two thing and you will be able to experience all of it, and during the rest of the day do the rest of the resort.

Two simple things to do,
1. Go to the WWoHP before 9:30 AM, go to Ollivanders, then the FJ, get a butterbeer, do some shops, and then hit the Three Broomsticks before leaving the WWoHP.
2. Go to the WWoHP after 9:00 PM, do FotH, then DC, then the FJ, and then more shops since they stay open later than the rides!

Do those two thing and you will be able to experience all of it, and during the rest of the day do the rest of the resort.

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely have to stick to that plan.

Two simple things to do,

So you have a lot more chance of experiencing the wand experience if you go dead early?

^Ollivander's has terrible capacity, so it's easiest the longest wait in the Wizarding World. Do it early and wait a couple shows (10-15 minutes) as opposed to later in the day when it would be a hour to 2 hour wait.

^Ollivander's has terrible capacity, so it's easiest the longest wait in the Wizarding World. Do it early and wait a couple shows (10-15 minutes) as opposed to later in the day when it would be a hour to 2 hour wait.

It happened the opposite when I was there about 3 weeks ago (a saturday): it had a 2-hour wait first thing, and about 30 minutes late afternoon.

Eh well, it happens. Just don't wait too long for it. I've personally never done it, and every time I'm there, the wait looks to be too long. Someday I'll go in the evening right before close and see it.

Eh well, it happens. Just don't wait too long for it. I've personally never done it, and every time I'm there, the wait looks to be too long. Someday I'll go in the evening right before close and see it.

Is it worth the wait? Yes and no....yes if you're a die hard Potter fan, no because mainly dis-interested little kids are the ones picked.

Most of the time, this is a bad idea. Often the line is still very long at closing and they won't let anyone join the queue after the closing time.

I went to WWoHP when it was "dark" and late-ish, and Ollivanders wasn't a long wait at all. I walked past the lady who was entering in people and I said, "This is the shortest I've ever seen it." and she simply responded, "It's like this every night." We waited at most 10 minutes. And even if it's not as short as it was for me, compared to what it usually is (stretching all the way back to where the performers sing/dance) it's much better then standing there in the uncovered queue being melted by Florida's sun.

As for if it's worth it, it's mixed emotions from what I've talked to people about. People who are completely oblivious to anything about Harry Potter usually don't find it interesting. But the average person who's maybe seen one or two movies, and knows the general idea or even have been enjoying the rest of the area, find the show to be awesome. And then of course, die hard fans and even regular fans... it's definitely worth it.