The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 791 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My favorite picture from over the holidays (shot on January 3, actually):

wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-holiday-crowds-236-oi.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
Wow, that picture looks insane. And I wouldn't even call that the holidays anymore. Most people were back to work and school on January 3rd.

Just throwing it out there that some of the Turrets are already needing some work...

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

The more aged the castle appears, the better. The spires are already topped with oxidized copper, so any discolorations only add to the theme.

I disagree. There is a difference between something looking "aged" and looking bad. The turrets look like their paint faded, which wouldn't happen if they were real and aged naturally over a long period of time.

Hmmm... is the hog's head still moving? Is the quill pen still writing? The former did not move when I was there, and the later was non-existent. Any regular visitors here take the time to stop and check the window displays?

I took an extremely brief video of the Hog's Head moving yesterday because I remembered you asking about it. From what I could tell, it moved every 50-60 seconds.

[video=youtube;mR5JMsX1LEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5JMsX1LEY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I thought Universal completely let go of Nassal after having messed up the rockwork completely? But this is still bad. A mural isn't going to cut it from the view you get in Jurassic Park.

But this is still bad. A mural isn't going to cut it from the view you get in Jurassic Park.
It's better than nothing, but we don't even know if it's happening.

No no no... Nassal and Universal understand each other and continue to work together.
I assume they're the favorite to build the facades for Diagon Alley.

I don't like the bricks... I wish they'd extend the cliffs into the visible walls of the show building. But Nassal didn't do the rock work, did they?
Rock work is expensive. See: CarsLand $400+ million pricetag.

A mural isn't going to cut it from the view you get in Jurassic Park.

Either way you're going to have Hogwarts looming over Jurassic Park. Might as well make it look as good as they can.

I don't like the bricks... I wish they'd extend the cliffs into the visible walls of the show building.

I agree, but something is better than nothing.

Rock work is expensive. See: CarsLand $400+ million pricetag.

That's the alleged price tag for the whole thing, with rides. I don't think it would be sooo unreasonably much for a little bit of rock work. it's not doing a whole side of the building, it's just a small section. Anyways, Potter is bringing in big bucks. It's great to see them invest to improve the entire resort, but I think it'd be cool if they invested a bit too to perfect this view. Seriously, Hogwarts is the showpiece, the obligated photo-op, and it's not perfect. Deal with it, Universal! And do it justice!

Gah. Why not trees? I'd rather just not even see the building to begin with.

With the queue butting right up against the building, trees wouldn't be able to hide all of it. And I'm pretty sure there's a backstage access road behind it.

There's really not a solution to the problem, really. Another example of Uni being handcuffed by their size.