The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 792 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Either way you're going to have Hogwarts looming over Jurassic Park. Might as well make it look as good as they can.

No, I agree. I just want that something to be rockwork, and particularly rockwork that blends into that of Jurassic Park. With all this increase in money, a mural is almost offensive, personally. Hogwarts just looks so beautiful, but that building is just... not. Not at all.

That's the alleged price tag for the whole thing, with rides.

No, that's the price tag of one ride, the vast majority of which is rockwork.

Seriously, Hogwarts is the showpiece, the obligated photo-op, and it's not perfect. Deal with it, Universal! And do it justice!

It is perfect from the angle that people are taking pictures of it.

And honestly, as I said, it's almost impossible for it to be perfect.

No, that's the price tag of one ride, the vast majority of which is rockwork.

Either way... Come on, you can't compare the amount of rock work on Carsland to the bit needed here.

It is perfect from the angle that people are taking pictures of it.

And honestly, as I said, it's almost impossible for it to be perfect.

OK, maybe we're talking different parts of the building. I'm not only talking about the part of the building seen from Jurassic Park, but also the part above FJ's exit. That needs some cliff/ rock love.

EDIT: Here's what I mean:

IMAG0191-2.jpg

Last edited:
ParkRumors posted this aerial comparison of how the previous version of Forbidden Journey looks with the new queue:

HPFJQueue2012.jpg

Meanwhile, over in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, a new portion of queue was added to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in late 2011. This new queue aimed to help alleviate the crowding problems within Hogsmeade caused by the seemingly never ending line that backed up well beyond the Hogwarts gates during the morning hours. The new queue is highlighted in yellow in the aerial image below, and a comparison shot from early 2011 is included

Hogwarts castle model

hogwartsmodel01.jpg

Get a 360˚ view of the incredible, hand sculpted 1:24 scale construction that features within the Studio Tour. The Hogwarts castle model is the jewel of the Art Department having been built for the first film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone™. It took 86 artists and crew members to construct the first version which was then rebuilt and altered many times over for the next seven films. The work was so extensive that if one was to add all the man hours that have gone into building and reworking the model, it would come to over 74 years. The model was used for aerial photography, and was digitally scanned for CGI scenes.

The model, which sits at nearly 50 feet in diameter, has over 2,500 fibre optic lights that simulate lanterns and torches and even gave the illusion of students passing through hallways in the films. To show off the lighting to full effect a day-to-night cycle will take place every four minutes so you can experience its full beauty.

An amazing amount of detail went into the making of the model: all the doors are hinged, real plants are used for landscaping and miniature birds are housed in the Owlery. To make the model appear even more realistic, artists rebuilt miniature versions of the courtyards from Alnwick Castle and Durham Cathedral, where scenes from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone™ were shot

hogwarts2.jpg

Source: http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/en/to...m_medium=email&utm_campaign=harrypotterstudio

^This actually isn't for WWoHP, it's for the Harry Potter Studio Tour that WB is opening up at the studio where the majority of the HP movies were filmed.

Question for folks who have been recently: Is the face capture effect in the Dementor scene of Forbidden Journey broken? A guy on Twitter (with some strange ax to grind against UOR keeps saying it is broken.)

Just curious.

Question for folks who have been recently: Is the face capture effect in the Dementor scene of Forbidden Journey broken? A guy on Twitter (with some strange ax to grind against UOR keeps saying it is broken.)

Just curious.

I rode FJ on February 24th and did not see the face capture effect by the dementors.

I rode FJ on February 24th and did not see the face capture effect by the dementors.

I rode on the 26th - the facial projection worked very well on each of my three rides. However, the dementor with the glowing mouth who is supposed to be performing the kiss was stuck in stationary and looked pretty bad. Any of the other "plussing" improvements reported a few weeks ago were lost on me... everything looked the same. The dragon is still performing about half of the animation capability that was originally shown.

^ Interesting that the rumored RULES of CONTRACT that were stated here regarding JKR and WB seem to be completely false or ignored. Something in the WW is always off and/or broken.

In the long term, will Uni EVER attempt to find a way to hide the rest of the Forbidden Journey show building? With all of the improvements the Show Quality Team has made to make the resort cosmetically better, coupled with the work likely for Phase II, couldn't Uni and WB come to terms about how to shield the rest of the gray monstrosity?

:deadhorse:

Just curious.

I'm curious, what's the face capture effect? The projection or the Dementor who 'sucks' out your soul?

In the long term, will Uni EVER attempt to find a way to hide the rest of the Forbidden Journey show building? With all of the improvements the Show Quality Team has made to make the resort cosmetically better, coupled with the work likely for Phase II, couldn't Uni and WB come to terms about how to shield the rest of the gray monstrosity?

:deadhorse:

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about? I looked for it last time I was at the parks and didn't really find any sightlines that bothered me. I mean once you get over the fact that you can see Hogwarts from Jurassic Park, you kind of let other things go.

I have the same complaint, but money is required, and fake rocks aren't cheap. Yes, Universal has received a giant surplus of money these past two years, but it's not just going to be devoted to specific causes based on griping going on by the nitpicking fans. It's distributed to what is needed most. More complaints come in about needing better employees than about seeing a show building, and so funds are divided to where they are needed most desperately. Beyond this, I'm sure Universal is wholly aware, and perhaps they will cover it, but perhaps they won't. People would rather have a real Hogwarts Express than an exposed show building.

I wouldn't hold my breath on covering up the building any time soon. The area is so wildly popular and well-received that covering the building (if it ever happens) will come with the first major refurb of FJ.

I want just a small amount of fake rocks that blend into the building. Not cover it.

An easy fix would be to have it be a transition between JP and Forbidden Journey. Put the JP logo as well as a Warehouse ID number of some sort and there ya go. Better than what we have now anyway.