The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 794 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I know what you mean. It just looked really cool and adds a mostly kinetic energy. It is more of a constant head chopping effect when I picture it in the real world. I think it would actually look cool more in ride. If you think of it in that regard it can really throw your senses off. Imagine the possiblity of a ride flipping into a barrel roll while the caverns now appear upsidedown to you only to have the vehicle flip back up, go through darkness and flip again. It can really mess with your surroundings as well as never really being able to tell where the next flip is. The first coaster that could do that well without relying on just making everything constantly pitch black to surprise you.

Definitely shows that Stuart Craig kept working on the theme parks and the arrival of a WWoHP 2.0 was just a matter of time.

I'm really excited for the Gringotts ride and all of Diagon Alley! And in Gringotts, how cool would it be to have creepy AA goblins looking down at the guests walking through their bank hall :D And a roller coaster with rotating vehicles would be a huge thrill!

A big criticism that non-Universal fans have about the parks is that there are too many thrill attractions aimed at older guests. I doubt we will see anything more thrilling than Forbidden Journey/Spiderman/Mummy. Dragons, Hulk, and HRRR fill the thrill niche.

A big criticism that non-Universal fans have about the parks is that there are too many thrill attractions aimed at older guests. I doubt we will see anything more thrilling than Forbidden Journey/Spiderman/Mummy. Dragons, Hulk, and HRRR fill the thrill niche.

But UOR is where thrill seekers go when visiting to Orlando apart from Busch. It's there niche, much like Disney is gentle rides and having a thrill ride will go out of the niche. I think it will be quite thrilling and there must be a second ride which will be tame. That'd be my guess - probably the train.

But UOR is where thrill seekers go when visiting to Orlando apart from Busch. It's there niche, much like Disney is gentle rides and having a thrill ride will go out of the niche. I think it will be quite thrilling and there must be a second ride which will be tame. That'd be my guess - probably the train.

If UOR ever wants to step out of Disney's shadow it can't worry about any kind of niche. You don't make money with a niche. You make money appealing to everyone. Six Flags can be thrill seekers.

The "Universal is for thrill seekers" is a theme park fan generated fallacy. Theme park fans see big coasters and lose their marbles saying it's a coaster park.

Are there more height requirements per capita? Probably. But aside from HRRR, Hulk, and Dragons, I wouldn't say the parks are "thrill parks". They're fairly well rounded parks. They do need to get more well rounded, sure.

But this ride is going to be the sequel to the "most successful theme park addition". And they got flack for having Forbidden Journey being restrictive. Gringotts won't be nearly as restrictive, IMO.

Geeez, the WW just doesn't let up! With the money being made, perhaps the resort should be renamed Gringott's Orlando Resort.

March 16, 2012
[video=youtube_share;Fs0_3LSpLRc]http://youtu.be/Fs0_3LSpLRc[/video]

Last edited:
If UOR ever wants to step out of Disney's shadow it can't worry about any kind of niche. You don't make money with a niche. You make money appealing to everyone. Six Flags can be thrill seekers.

The "Universal is for thrill seekers" is a theme park fan generated fallacy. Theme park fans see big coasters and lose their marbles saying it's a coaster park.

Are there more height requirements per capita? Probably. But aside from HRRR, Hulk, and Dragons, I wouldn't say the parks are "thrill parks". They're fairly well rounded parks. They do need to get more well rounded, sure.

But this ride is going to be the sequel to the "most successful theme park addition". And they got flack for having Forbidden Journey being restrictive. Gringotts won't be nearly as restrictive, IMO.

Basically the point I made and was going to elaborate on. Thanks guys. Universal needs to and is broadening its appeal. Potter is getting new guests through the turnstiles. Now, Universal needs to get them to keep coming back. Not sure if I trust the source (Uni Hater), but their friend and his family (Potter fans) went to IoA and said it was an expensive ticket for 1 ride. I don't agree with that criticism, but I can see some folks feeling that way.

As much as I'd like more thrill rides, I see you guys' points and have to agree. I doubt Gringotts would be a big-thrill ride. I still hope it has some thrilling elements, a la Mummy or JP drop, but I don't think it will be so intense all throughout that it would be unappealing to the young and the wimpy.

As much as I'd like more thrill rides, I see you guys' points and have to agree. I doubt Gringotts would be a big-thrill ride. I still hope it has some thrilling elements, a la Mummy or JP drop, but I don't think it will be so intense all throughout that it would be unappealing to the young and the wimpy.

I think most parents with young kids are going to Magic Kingdom regardless of what Universal creates. Disney did not have any 5 star thrill coasters, which is what Universal tried to capitalize on. Most teenagers would rather go to Islands and go on Hulk, then ride Space Mountain again. I think Universal should continue in that direction. It's there bread and butter at the moment.

I have a feeling the Bank Coaster will be faster nad more thrilling then Forbidden Journey, but we shall see.

I have had friends ask where they should take their families, and I always say that if you don't think thrill rides dont even bother with Universal, because that's mostly what its become. A park for thrill seekers.

I think Universal should continue in that direction. It's there bread and butter at the moment.

But it's not. They just created one of the best themed environments anywhere, with one of the best dark rides anywhere. And the parks are far from "parks for thrill seekers". I think you're getting them mixed up with Six Flags.

"Thrill Seeker" level rides:
Hulk
Dragons
HRRR

Middle of the road thrills:
Mummy
Dudley
JP
Despicable Me(?)
Simpsons

Dark rides:
Forbidden Journey
Spider-man
Cat in the Hat
MIB
Disaster
ET

Kid's attractions:
Seuss Trolly
One Fish, Two Fish
Storm Force
Hippogryff
Woody's Coaster
Barney
Curious George
Fievel
Shrek
If I Ran the Zoo

Walkthroughs:
Poseidon's Fury
Lucy

Shows:
Fear Factor
Beetlejuice
Sinbad
Terminator
Animal Actors

I'm sorry...but that just doesn't add up to thrill park to me. The balance needs a little work, but there is a balance.

But it's not. They just created one of the best themed environments anywhere, with one of the best dark rides anywhere. And the parks are far from "parks for thrill seekers". I think you're getting them mixed up with Six Flags.

"Thrill Seeker" level rides:
Hulk
Dragons
HRRR

Middle of the road thrills:
Mummy
Dudley
JP
Despicable Me(?)
Simpsons

Dark rides:
Forbidden Journey
Spider-man
Cat in the Hat
MIB
Disaster
ET

Kid's attractions:
Seuss Trolly
One Fish, Two Fish
Storm Force
Hippogryff
Woody's Coaster
Barney
Curious George
Fievel
Shrek
If I Ran the Zoo

Walkthroughs:
Poseidon's Fury
Lucy

Shows:
Fear Factor
Beetlejuice
Sinbad
Terminator
Animal Actors

I'm sorry...but that just doesn't add up to thrill park to me. The balance needs a little work, but there is a balance.

I think my idea of a thrill ride must be a little different then yours. Im not referring to JUST coasters. I am referring to any ride that basically requires a decent height restriction due to thrills...or has warning signs for preganant people (which is almsot every ride in Universal)

Spiderman, JP, Potter, SImpsons, Mummy, Dudley, Popeye..to name a few...are all MUCH more thrilling then say Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and, Peter Pan.

Disney does not have many thrilling dark rides at all. Space Mountain is about as thrilling as Spiderman is...and people are scared to ride Space Mountain..as it's one of the biggest thrills in the Magic Kingdom.

I don't see how you can disagree with me on this. The only truly family friendly rides in IOA are in Seuss Land, and that one ride in Camp Jurassic. Everything else has a thrill element involved.

--- Update ---

I'll put it in simpler terms. Universal seems to have mostly 10 and up type attractions, and way less 5 and up attractions compared to the Mouse House...

Good to say he won't be part of any future HP plans:

Jamie Waylett -- the guy who played Vincent Crabbe in the "Harry Potter" movies -- has been sentenced to spend TWO YEARS in a British prison for participating in the London riots last year.

As we previously reported, cops believed Waylett was packing a Molotov cocktail while looting champagne from a drug store during the London riots on August 8th.

Waylett was later identified by video footage after the incident ... and cops eventually arrested him on Sept. 20.

Waylett -- who has a previous conviction on record stemming from a drug-related incident -- was found guilty of violent disorder ... but he was acquitted on the charge of intending to destroy property with a fire bomb.

No word on when Waylett is expected to begin his sentence.

You don't follow up the most popular expansion in theme park history, with a restrictive E-Ticket. Makes no sense whatsoever. People won't just come for a train. Universal needs an E-Ticket families won't be scared of. Teenagers and thrillseekers don't have deep pocket books, families do.

You don't follow up the most popular expansion in theme park history, with a restrictive E-Ticket. Makes no sense whatsoever. People won't just come for a train. Universal needs an E-Ticket families won't be scared of. Teenagers and thrillseekers don't have deep pocket books, families do.

Well, I guess they'll just have to make a few more rides, then. :lol:

A thrilling Gringotts coaster/dark ride would be spectacular, and would probably seem underwhelming if it were tamed for the masses.

Last edited:
Disney does not have many thrilling dark rides at all. Space Mountain is about as thrilling as Spiderman is...and people are scared to ride Space Mountain..as it's one of the biggest thrills in the Magic Kingdom.

I don't see how you can disagree with me on this. The only truly family friendly rides in IOA are in Seuss Land, and that one ride in Camp Jurassic. Everything else has a thrill element involved.

I'll put it in simpler terms. Universal seems to have mostly 10 and up type attractions, and way less 5 and up attractions compared to the Mouse House...

Space Mountain is WAY more of a thrill ride than Spiderman... Come on...

Sure, Disney has more attractions targeted in theme to young kids, but Universal still has a lot of attractions that young kids can ride/experience, even if the theme may not be specifically for young kids. Just because Universal has a broader target in themes doesn't make it a thrill park or something that's not great for young kids too. JungleSkip already listed a lot of the attractions, and the majority of them are kid friendly.

Anyways, this is turning into another Disney vs. Universal discussion... Let's not go there once again. Back to my original point, I like thrill rides, but I agree it's probably best if Gringotts won't be a full-on thrill ride. I'm fine with something tamer, and I'll still love it for the great theming and innovation that I trust Universal will bring to this attraction.

Good to say he won't be part of any future HP plans:

Yeah, he wasn't a part of the last two movies after his drug charges.