The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 808 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyhead and others... these are the double doors (far right) into space 107 below Dark Arts. Found this by accident.

oi-hogwarts-castle-harry-potter-world-287.jpg

Made a diagram to give you some perspective on the 2nd floor preshow queue. I think a few of you might be surprised how little space it takes up as it was all the tacked on stuff after the main building was finished. Note that I did not paint the smaller connecting rooms. I hope some of you enjoy!

hw_2nd_flr.jpg

Reactions: violarum
Pfft, want shelter from the rain? Go on FJ. The wait times halve whenever it starts to rain. And you don't have to stand in the herbology queue.

Yesterday was the longest and most intense thunderstorms I have seen since 2004. 90 minutes of constant thunder and lightning. It was like a horror movie soundtrack.

BTW, that snow looks so authentic in the rain. Look at the atmosphere separation from the castle. Looks miles away.

Last edited:
BTW, that snow looks so authentic in the rain. Look at the atmosphere separation from the castle. Looks miles away.

I was thinking the same thing when looking at that photo. Uni should fill the air with dry ice twenty four seven or throw up a giant, milky scrim between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts :)

Yesterday was the longest and most intense thunderstorms I have seen since 2004. 90 minutes of constant thunder and lightning. It was like a horror movie soundtrack.

Today's were pretty bad too, I had lightning strike about 75-100 ft away while looking out the window. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

^ I would believe this. Florida lightning has to be unnerving to people from out of state. Much of FJ is an outdoor queue under trees. Anyone with brains knows that is not a good place to be.

^ I would believe this. Florida lightning has to be unnerving to people from out of state. Much of FJ is an outdoor queue under trees. Anyone with brains knows that is not a good place to be.

That's precisely it, I think. I've had conversations with Team Members about how the foreigners take to the Florida weather, and some of the stories I've heard are ridiculously humorous. When they think of "Sunny Florida" they do not expect the violent storms that we get.

Today's were pretty bad too, I had lightning strike about 75-100 ft away while looking out the window. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

After living here for 12 years, when that happens to me I just look over and shrug now.

Granted this never happens when I'm outside, because I don't go outside for anything during these.

After living here for 12 years, when that happens to me I just look over and shrug now.

Granted this never happens when I'm outside, because I don't go outside for anything during these.

I've lived in Florida for over 20 years and the lightning still scares me ****less.

That's precisely it, I think. I've had conversations with Team Members about how the foreigners take to the Florida weather, and some of the stories I've heard are ridiculously humorous. When they think of "Sunny Florida" they do not expect the violent storms that we get.

I always expected the storms i guess I just research it too much. We had a massive storm on our last trip which was mental. We were also trying to explain to the taxi driver on the way to the airport how the weather differs in england lol

Rode FJ and finally saw the Dementor face sucking effect, but it was totally out of sync with the cars. Not cool. Is it tied into the onride photo systems and how Universal is now showing them immediately in the gift shop in order to prevent people gawking and stopping the line?

Rode FJ and finally saw the Dementor face sucking effect, but it was totally out of sync with the cars. Not cool. Is it tied into the onride photo systems and how Universal is now showing them immediately in the gift shop in order to prevent people gawking and stopping the line?

I've wondered the same thing myself, but I honestly don't know. Perhaps a TM here on the boards could enlighten us?

I don't know specifics of the dementor photo part other than that it is tied in to the on ride photos. I've only once ridden and it worked correctly. Usually it shows the car immediately ahead or behind. They also have a fall back to just projecting 4 skulls. I'd love it to work right since it is pretty cool.

Reactions: Cecilia