The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 920 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All the delicious Potter brews and Duff are crafted by the Florida Beer Company. Their main brewery is in Melbourne, FL. I was wondering that, if any of you have toured said brewery, if they sample the Potter beers on the tour?

All the delicious Potter brews and Duff are crafted by the Florida Beer Company. Their main brewery is in Melbourne, FL. I was wondering that, if any of you have toured said brewery, if they sample the Potter beers on the tour?

I doubt it. I think universal is very strict with them about the beer. Which is understandable because they prolly make good money from them. But I saw them at a beer festival in west Palm a year ago and mentuoned the uni beers and they said they can't even talk about it.

So Japan is debuting Forbidden Journey in 3D tomorrow.

Any chance we'll get this?

Do we know if USJ's has been down for refurbishment for this, or was it purely after hours work? Seems like the ride would need a significant lighting overhaul to brighten things up for those glasses. Either way, Universal is showing a commitment to improving FJ with stuff like the chamber of secrets lighting and overhead air blowers (new lighting on the first dementor is awesome IMO), so further improvements are probably a reasonable expectation.

Last edited:
Do we know if USJ's has been down for refurbishment for this, or was it purely after hours work? Seems like the ride would need a significant lighting overhaul to brighten things up for those glasses. Either way, Universal is showing a commitment to improving FJ with stuff like the chamber of secrets lighting and overhead air blowers (new lighting on the first dementor is awesome IMO), so further improvements are probably a reasonable expectation.

It would have all been tested in a mockup dome off site long before install. They could have done the install of dual projectors over a period before turning them on. This way, they could have tested the system live in recent evenings prior to the unveil. They cannot shut the ride down for an extended period if it's popularity is anything like Orlando.

I'm kind of hoping we don't get it as well. Aside from screwing up the lighting balance and forcing them to tinker with that on and off for ages, wearing glasses removes you one step from the intimacy of the physical sets. No thanks.

UOR Might as well just start handing out 3D glasses at the front gate when you enter. Heck, open up a whole customizable 3D glasses shop!

UOR Might as well just start handing out 3D glasses at the front gate when you enter. Heck, open up a whole customizable 3D glasses shop!

I know right! Especially for Mummy, Rockit, Simpsons, MIB, Dudley Do-Right, Jurassic Park, Hulk Forbidden Journey, Hogwarts Express, ET, Disaster, Twister, Dragon Challenge, Dr. Doom's Fearfall, Cat in the Hat,

Everything is 3-D, so annoying

I can't imagine it would be cheap to upgrade an existing version of Forbidden Journey to 3D (keeping in mind the costs of projectors, new lighting packages, glasses, etc), so I'd like to think that Universal is doing it for a good reason (in Japan, at least).

I guess we'll see when we know what USH is getting... if there's os 3D I would say this is inevitable... and you jest about the 3D glasses store... I'd actually like this.

This is coming to UOR. The infrastructure was created for the ride to be in 3D originally (as well as with some insane movements, but I'm not gonna spill any of that lol).