The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 967 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least they aren't screen based

I have more of an issue with the lack of a Basilisk

Did someone mention a basilisk?!
5939B5C8-7CA1-4503-A92D-9846ECEB0795.gif
I have been so fixated with the fact of adding a basilisk to this ride. I have sketched, conceptualized, imagined, played in my mid what the scene or upgrade would look like. Imagine you car goes almost grown level slowly passing through the large snake head statues and the chamber pipes.A1E72A7A-1B8E-4EFA-9B05-58A570DF2659.jpeg
4D6C1B0B-FD43-415D-A2AC-46C03FF0B40E.png Right in front of you you see a large yellow eye staring at you from inside the chamber holes. Harry’s screams to not look at it in the eye as you fly upward 180 degrees to find this
5601D8FB-7777-4173-8104-B856A6EB1806.jpeg
Towering over you as its head lunges, reals back, and opens its moth at you. The soundtrack “Dueling the Baslaik” plays as it try’s to attack you then the score trupiumohantly transitions to “Fawkes is Reborn” amd you are able to escape the chamber of secrets as a grand finale to finish the ride. How was the pitch?

Sorry got going off tangent, just in my imaginary world for the last 3 years I have been just perfecting this idea in my head :topic:.

Did someone mention a basilisk?!
View attachment 6278
I have been so fixated with the fact of adding a basilisk to this ride. I have sketched, conceptualized, imagined, played in my mid what the scene or upgrade would look like. Imagine you car goes almost grown level slowly passing through the large snake head statues and the chamber pipes.View attachment 6280
View attachment 6281 Right in front of you you see a large yellow eye staring at you from inside the chamber holes. Harry’s screams to not look at it in the eye as you fly upward 180 degrees to find this
View attachment 6279
Towering over you as its head lunges, reals back, and opens its moth at you. The soundtrack “Dueling the Baslaik” plays as it try’s to attack you then the score trupiumohantly transitions to “Fawkes is Reborn” amd you are able to escape the chamber of secrets as a grand finale to finish the ride. How was the pitch?

Sorry got going off tangent, just in my imaginary world for the last 3 years I have been just perfecting this idea in my head :topic:.
Timeline-wise, it wouldn't make sense. The ride appears to take place during the 5th or 6th film, which is after Harry defeats the Basilisk, hence the decayed skeleton we see in the ride.

Reactions: youhow2 and Alicia
Timeline-wise, it wouldn't make sense. The ride appears to take place during the 5th or 6th film, which is after Harry defeats the Basilisk, hence the decayed skeleton we see in the ride.

The basilisk skeleton is already in the ride.

I get that, BUT...... it was still in the concept for the ride so the full living thing (basilisk) was considered.

Do you have a source for that?

I think it was in the original proposed concept art for Potter, that got leaked a long while back.

Keep in mind, that was during the time before things changed for the original Hogsmeade.

It’s In the picture I uploaded in my previous comments. If you look middle left, right next to the basilisk it’s there.

Reactions: Willy02
They brought that back? I was under the impression they weren't ever going to.
Great find, I’ve never seen that interview before.
I distinctly remember smelling the fireplace during the early soft open. I was shocked to smell it again on both of my last rides. It was noticeable right at the start of the floo but I didn’t notice linger into the observatory.

Great find, I’ve never seen that interview before.
I distinctly remember smelling the fireplace during the early soft open. I was shocked to smell it again on both of my last rides. It was noticeable right at the start of the floo but I didn’t notice linger into the observatory.

I wonder if when I’m there April 12 if I will smell it. These small little effects usually stop working after not that long a period, and is not cared enough to fix it. It took these people almost 8 years to fir it.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Willy02
I feel like the Soarin smell isn’t as iconic because you don’t smell it that long.

The ET queue smell is iconic because you’re spending a good 10-15 minutes breathing it in.
After years of experimentation, I finally found an expensive scented candle that came the closest to duplicating the ET scent. So I bought four of them, and I've been burning them all winter.

Can you share your source or are you taking that secret to your grave? ;)
It was a Yankee Candle Holiday Season Edition special scent of Holiday Mountain Pine (the large candle). It's the closest to ET that I've tried. Since it was a Xmas holiday item, I don't think it will be available again until next Xmas.

Last edited: