The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 975 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is great to hear. Forbidden Journey was one of my most anticipated rides going into my first Universal visit and was one of the biggest letdowns (because of motion sickness, the ride is a technical and theming marvel). But any upgrade that has the potential to make the ride more ride-able to me is a welcome change and has me excited for my next attempt!

At this point, it's Universal's fault that people think that way. Just a stupid idea on their part.
Its incomprehensible story telling as well. I still have no idea what exactly is going on and whom is after whom or why. Hell Transformer:The Ride makes more sense story wise!

Reactions: HPFred
Its incomprehensible story telling as well. I still have no idea what exactly is going on and whom is after whom or why. Hell Transformer:The Ride makes more sense story wise!

It's easy. Harry sneaks you into the castle, Hermione casts a spell and then something goes wrong. Actually, I couldn't tell you why we end up outside, being chased by a dragon that should only have been there for the Tri-Wizard tournament, and then interrupting a Quidditch match (which would have been cancelled during the Tri-Wizard tournament). All I know is that apparently something went wrong and I benefited from it. I think.

Maybe the dragon just happened to be passing through at that time. Maybe my Wingardium Leviosa was too powerful to contain. Actually, I want to make a complaint. The ex machina employed by JK Rowling are irritating. She introduced items at the start of the book which always factored heavily at the end of the book. Her magical words (ex. Wingardium Leviosa) were normal words made to sound similar to Latin. I realize that the books were written for young adults but some of that was just too contrived.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Its explained in the queue but it’s easy to miss: as part of the Muggle Open House you’re going to attend Professor Binn’s History of Hogwarts class, but the trio sneak in and say watching a quidditch game is more fun and they’ve devised a way to get you there on magical benches. Then everything goes wrong.

Its explained in the queue but it’s easy to miss: as part of the Muggle Open House you’re going to attend Professor Binn’s History of Hogwarts class, but the trio sneak in and say watching a quidditch game is more fun and they’ve devised a way to get you there on magical benches. Then everything goes wrong.

I always have trouble hearing them in the queue. Could never hear the key parts of the explanation.

Reactions: Joel
Back when they did castle tours (in what is now the Express Pass queue), we watched each seen at least twice. It's a great set-up!

F&F is one of those cases I think it was a mistake to leave the 3D out. Then again, all the 3D stuff is apparently there just in case
They cut 3d because they didn't want it to look like another 3d ride and then people don't like it anyway. They should suck it up and add 3d back in.

This picture was just posted in the HHN thread and my first thought was how cool it would be if they foamed Hogsmeade for special celebrations. It looks exactly like snow.

2441284236_6fcaf2902b_b.jpg

This picture was just posted in the HHN thread and my first thought was how cool it would be if they foamed Hogsmeade for special celebrations. It looks exactly like snow.

2441284236_6fcaf2902b_b.jpg

Those cobblestones would be like black ice. They had planned for snoap in Hogsmeade and when they tested it they realized the whole land became an ice rink. Reportedly a manager fell on their ass. Never made it to the final product.

So, for the longest time I have been wondering what species of evergreen trees they might have use in the WW. Yesterday I had the thought of checking out Christmas tree farms in Florida. Here is what I found

Sand Pine
sprucepine.JPG

Arizona Cypress
upload_2018-9-8_11-6-31.png

Red Cedar
easterred.jpg

There is one other species of tree they have planted that appears more similar to a fir or spruce tree but I haven’t tracked that one down yet. :)

So, for the longest time I have been wondering what species of evergreen trees they might have use in the WW. Yesterday I had the thought of checking out Christmas tree farms in Florida. Here is what I found

Sand Pine
sprucepine.JPG

Arizona Cypress
View attachment 7744

Red Cedar
easterred.jpg

There is one other species of tree they have planted that appears more similar to a fir or spruce tree but I haven’t tracked that one down yet. :)
Do you know what pines they use out front of Hogwarts...I have checked several nurseries in the area and nobody seems to have them

I'm talking about the skinny ones with branches

Do you know what pines they use out front of Hogwarts...I have checked several nurseries in the area and nobody seems to have them

I'm talking about the skinny ones with branches

Well, first off, all trees have branches of some sort. Second, are we talking about pines or something more spruce or fir?

The most common skinny pine in Florida is called a Slash or Longleaf pine. Is this what you are talking about?

Longleaf-pine-trees-in-prairie-habitat.jpg

I think it would be rare to find Longleaf Pine at a Home Depot but a local nursery should have them or guide you to where to find them. They look like this when young.

longleaf-pine-2.jpg

Reactions: Joel and shiekra38
Well, first off, all trees have branches of some sort. Second, are we talking about pines or something more spruce or fir?

The most common skinny pine in Florida is called a Slash or Longleaf pine. Is this what you are talking about?

Longleaf-pine-trees-in-prairie-habitat.jpg

I think it would be rare to find Longleaf Pine at a Home Depot but a local nursery should have them or guide you to where to find them. They look like this when young.

longleaf-pine-2.jpg
Pretty sure he has the same question as you about what the Fir looking ones are. I had the same thought

Reactions: shiekra38