The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just want to touch on the "if the ride lives to the hype" concern. The only people hyping up the ride from what I see is us. Universal has been quiet about the ride as far as what I have read and like I said, we are the only ones expecting the ride to be better than sex. I personally am not setting myself up for anticipointment and just going into the whole thing blind so to speak and with no expectations other than enjoy the new sights sounds and thrills!

I guess you missed the press release and interviews where the designers basically said it's an experience unlike any other theme park has done, and is the next generation in theme park rides?

As long as it's better then Expedition Everest, I think I will be ok.

Maroo, If they do not have the express line open for express passes it will more than likely be open for guests needing special assistance....I think they are required to keep it open for that purpose:)

Vyrus, sorry to say I did not fit, or else I would still be in line hehe...sorry to say your dimensions are close to mine so its quite possible you wont fit either. :(

Thank you for the info! :) I will let the families know. :) Hopefully they will be able to ride it. :)

What is the height restriction for FJ? I want to bring my 7 year old daughter tomorrow, but don't want to get burned and not be able to ride myself.

What is the height restriction for FJ? I want to bring my 7 year old daughter tomorrow, but don't want to get burned and not be able to ride myself.

48inches, if she meets that requirement then also make sure that neither of you suffer from motion sickness, you don't want that to ruin your experience. I'm bringing my Dramamine with me...

Driving over a pothole is better than Expedition Everest.

not to get off topic..but yeah, I was disappointed with that ride when it opened. The AMAZING queue with all the elborate themeing, as well as the general AWE-of looking at that mountain completely made the ride seem tame in comparison. Yeah, the backwards part is fun, but overall it's my least favorite Disney "coaster"..I think think Rock N Roll Coaster tops it by a mile. Space and Thunder may be better due to nostalgia, but overall after all the hype..the ride is too short, and has very minimal thrills. the big "drop" is a joke.

Now that the Yeti doesnt even work, it just makes it more pathetic...

oh and those damn people ringing the bells while waiting in line are SUPER annoying.

ok Im done.

:lol:

Wow the backlash, I'm sorry if it came out harsh, that was not my intention, just saying if the ride is so sensitive to breakdowns easily I was wondering how the loading of handicap people would effect the ride.

And when I mean why would they ride this, 90% of handicaps are elderly people in the wheelchairs,that was my thought process on why an old person would get on a ride that has the rumored g forces this thing has.

No problems man, for most of us that do require q wheelchair we just very defensive about what we can and can not do so please no hard feelings.

I thought the Mummy was MUCH more exciting then Expedition Everest...like by a lot. And I hate those Mummy movies, and was PISSED when they closed Kongfrontation..

Now the Simpsons Ride?...that was another disappointment, but mainly because I love BTTF way more then the Simpsons.

Ok I also got the requested info on the Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. Both formulas were made by UO chefs (with direction from JKR (along with many tatse tests)) and the contract to produce the butterbeer and pumpkin juice for Taps and fountains (I.E. the syrup) comes from Bar Control of florida located in Orlando. The bottled pumpkin juice is made somewhere up north and my source could not get the name of the bottler but niether Butterbber or Pumpkin juice are affiliated with CocaCola,. Also I should point out that both reciped are propriotary to Universal Orlando AND J.K. Rowling and will probably never be on sale anywhere outside of the theme parks (or maybe one of the discount stores).

I thought the Mummy was MUCH more exciting then Expedition Everest...like by a lot. And I hate those Mummy movies, and was PISSED when they closed Kongfrontation..

Now the Simpsons Ride?...that was another disappointment, but mainly because I love BTTF way more then the Simpsons.

Agreed. Simpsons is still above average though. I still miss Kong though :(

Mummy packs 100x more thrills into Kong's show building than Everest does across that whole mountain.

If you want a great Disney snow-covered mountain coaster complete with Yeti and strobe effects, hit up the Matterhorn at Disneyland which was built 50 years earlier.