The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 444 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I stayed at the Royal Pacific (without a package) and I did get in! :-D All you need is admission and an on-site hotel key/card.
Great to hear this. I just changed the Last two nights of my trip from WDW to the Royal Pacific!!!!! I hope I can ride FJ!! Hopefuly by the end of the week it can run for more than 20 minutes!

i wish i would have never seen anything that i saw about the WWOHP. It would have been such a surprise to see everything for the first time. But i cant help myself.

Same. I'm avoiding the FJ queue videos and any POVs or ride descriptions, but I still wish I hadn't seen the picture of the loading station that was posted a few pages ago without a spoiler warning.

It's the same thing I said yesterday. Check your mail in the next few days.

--- Update ---

Don't know if it's true but we'll see. :-X

--- Update ---

There will be no soft opening tomorrow just so everyone knows. Probably not on Monday either.

For onsite hotel guests that can walk over to IOA, and not use the parking deck, what is the earliest time you can line up at the entrance gate?

Blah! I'm assuming that when someone says "softs" they are referring to public softs.

So what are we calling the controlled, 3-hour(ish) softs that the package holders get? Previews? Yeah. Previews sounds good kthnxbye.

I never said that I was under 20 or that I'm gonna spend thousands in the park. To be honest I'm not that much of a Harry Potter fan. I've never read any of the books and I've only seen a few of the movies. I'm a theme park fan that likes rides who may happen to have a couple good contacts. I think you must have confused me with someone else that posted. It's ok.

I have another AAA question. My grandmother, who is taking my little sister and me to Orlando in June, has AAA, but will she have to be with us in order for us to use her discount? She is not actually going into the parks with us...

Also, does anyone know the amount of people that have been inside in ratio with the WWOHP's capacity? I know that is a long shot as people were speculating weeks ago about the capacity, but I was not sure if anyone had found out.

Wow, the review on Disboards was from a Mainer... who came from northern Maine. Here I am a Mainer... that lives here in Florida. Without spoiling anything... she was so desperate to get on, she left her husband and children in the dust of Hogsmeade. She admitted that a tree came at her, but couldn't remember the name of it. *rolls eyes*.

And friends... a DEspoiler. American Scenic appears to have not gotten the contract. And anything that was seen in the American Scenic drawings or on the backlot of IOA was not mentioned... at all.

Thanks to Shellemonster, here's a bit more info on the CoS in FJ... "Yes, there is a chamber of secrets, I guess, there are large snake heads, and bones, but like I said it was kinda fast and dark so it was hard to tell exactly where I was at all times."

you mean their parents' money

I'm 14 and have saved over $100 for souvenirs and drinks. My family (I'm eldest of 5 kids) got Express passes for the first two days (UO and IoA), and the Meal Deal. Although it doesn't apply to the Three Broomsticks. :(

The Forbidden Journey ride sounds awesome! (yeah.. I read the spoilers..) I'm so excited! Are there any pictures of the Common Room, and Ride vehicles?

~JW

It seems that weight is the issue that keeps causing FJ to go down. While they are saying weight is not an issue, it is and it isn't. The ride can handle the weight but it hasn't yet been calibrated to handle the large-ish amount it has recently been asked to. They just have to make some relatively simple adjustments. Then if you can squeeze yourself into the restraints, you're good to go!

everything is super awsome.

for my 2 cents,
this whole opening will be a test for Universal Creative.

There will be definetly tweaks to all effects stuff in the future.

But just thru the video it is very impressive.
The darkness envokes a feel that is like haunted mansion on crack!

if people know what I am talking about,
the Darkastle 4D (spierman copy) is lanughable compare to this! (of course budget wise, potter wins the cake)

My only rant is that, of course this is not enoght space.
The queue is made on scene after scenes without
breaks in the middle

What I mean, is that DADA class is NEXT to Dumbledores office and the Common room is NEXT to the DADA room.
I rather, place some random short corridor in between, just to fake the feeling of atlaset
there are so distance between the rooms. But I guess with no space, there is nothing you can do.

sorting hat is great (feels such like a Disney attraction, at the same time is not)

I hope they tweak the DC queue.
It is true, there is just not enough stuff for a long queue like that, and it is less than DDs original queue.
Hope with time, new effects will be added.

Hadgrids hut

According to Ricky in his video and audio
it is true that it is hard to follow what Hagrid was saying.
For me, there could be a musion effect applied on the door of the hut.
Money money, I hope can do it.

WHere atleast Hadgrid appears in Musion (at the hut, i know he appears in the ride)

dungoen looks great.
the Mirror does look small to fit into the low roof in there.

but still, again, WHY would they place the mirror right next to the POtions Class.
All stuff that no distance between each other.
it becomes a exhibition.

Like the house points and Archtect statue,
It is right next to each other.

other than those rant with the expose show building (It is true, it is NOT that obvious but still not perfect)

I give a 90 out of 100
hope they will tweak the last 10 points to perfection!

Now we just have to see how the ride turns out.

No matter what people review it as NOT exciting or whatever.
There is ALWAYS tweaking time.

Like how JAWS ride changed at USO
or TOT changed dropped program.

FJ will be tweaked eventually once they find out what we want as guests
more crazy? or more kiddie friendly, if family crowd whens the battle.
for adults like me, we want more thrills of course.

We will see.
cant wait.

Haven’t posted here for a while, I have spent pretty much all of today looking at videos, pictures and reviews of the Wizarding World. Is it just me or does adding people to the park make it appear so much more enhanced? (Apart from the fact that those people were the ones getting the updates I was seeing).
The queue was amazing from what I saw, without saying to many spoilers, I was surprised how close some of the rooms which SHOULD have been 50 stories up in towers, and at opposite ends of Hogwarts Castle to each other, were barely elevated and connected to each other. At least it means less walking…
The window displays were awesome, the performances weren’t as bad as people were saying (but actually quite remarkable), the details were astonishing (especially the aged paint in Hogsmeade). The merchandise was almost too much; they want their moneys worth out of this project! Everything shown proves that they spent their $265,000,000+ (or how ever much they spent in the end) initiatively.

--- Update ---

Turns out psion already posted about Dumbledore’s office and the DADA classroom being right beside each other…

One thing I'm curious about, I wonder what the base wait time they display for FJ is? I can't imagine it being 5mins as you couldn't storm around that kind of queue in 5 mins. I'm assuming they would include the time to get round the queue, watch the videos etc (e.g. in Inside The Magic's report, the wait time was 75 mins but the queue looked quite light). Does anyone know? Would help with understanding queue times for FJ whilst we're out there.