The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 511 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know, thinking back a couple of weeks, people were pointing out that the guy who played Hagrid (forgive me for not knowing the actors name) was not in the pictures or videos of the stars riding the ride...you think it was maybe because he couldnt fit in the seat? Hes not a huge guy, but hes not small either.

Definately possible. Robbie Coltrane is a husky guy but short.

You know, thinking back a couple of weeks, people were pointing out that the guy who played Hagrid (forgive me for not knowing the actors name) was not in the pictures or videos of the stars riding the ride...you think it was maybe because he couldnt fit in the seat? Hes not a huge guy, but hes not small either.

Huh. I never thought about that, but now that you point it out kind of makes sense. I was wondering why he wasn't in the videos...

Way to go girl!!

I'll make sure to say hi once I'm in the area and ride!

And hopefully get a discount :lol:

The Official OU Discount for Frequent Riders? Sounds like an idea we should promote.

And congrats Danielle - I remember back "in the day" when I first got hired by the other large theme park in the area in exactly in the area I was wanting to work in for years...it was one of the best times of my life. Enjoy it, and dont let it become "just a job". Itll be great memories later!

Congratulations Danielle and good luck. :thumbs:

WTRiker, I would really like to see the pictures of glasses too.
Also, when you ate at The 3 Broomsticks did they seat you or did you just pick your own table?
Oh, and how was the Black pudding? I've never had it before.

Okay, so question pertaining to those saying the restraints are a problem for stockier builds...

Do you think Uni is being overly careful? Or is it they just won't fit?

Lets put it this way...Im about 5'10, 165 lbs: not large or stocky at all. And 3 clicks locks to my legs and my body pretty tight, not uncomfortable but snug...I know cause I counted the clicks today out of curiosity when I pulled the restraint down. So no, I dont think they are just being overly cautious. I think they need to redesign the restraint so that it sticks out more from the car and is a bit shorter in length, and add some more clicks to the ratchet for tightening to smaller folks. Seems like it would be an easy redesign and the harnesses could be replaced on the vehicles by 3rd shift a few at a time.

--- Update ---

Congratulations Danielle and good luck. :thumbs:

WTRiker, I would really like to see the pictures of glasses too.
Also, when you ate at The 3 Broomsticks did they seat you or did you just pick your own table?
Oh, and how was the Black pudding? I've never had it before.

They sat me, which I think was more for practice because it wasnt busy at all. But it added to the full service feeling anyway.

And the black pudding was fantastic - just like I remember from my grandparents house (Grandpa was off the boat British and Grandmas family was off the boat Germans, sooo...). Just wish we would have gotten more than one slice - now Ive got to go hunt some down at one of the British food stores in town...hmmm.

Lets put it this way...Im about 5'10, 165 lbs: not large or stocky at all. And 3 clicks locks to my legs and my body pretty tight, not uncomfortable but snug...I know cause I counted the clicks today out of curiosity when I pulled the restraint down. So no, I dont think they are just being overly cautious. I think they need to redesign the restraint so that it sticks out more from the car and is a bit shorter in length, and add some more clicks to the ratchet for tightening to smaller folks. Seems like it would be an easy redesign and the harnesses could be replaced on the vehicles by 3rd shift a few at a time.

Interesting. With the weight of the country growing all the time, I'm surprised they mind farted on this one. But as you said it will be an easy fix at least.

I'm 5'10 200 lbs. Do you thinK I will fit in the FJ seat?

I really dont want to speculate too much, but you and I are about the same size so I would say yes you should be alright.
I think its mainly going to be folks who are either extremely tall, or folks who are large in the chest or stomach area that are going to have the most trouble.

--- Update ---

They sat me, which I think was more for practice because it wasnt busy at all. But it added to the full service feeling anyway.

And the black pudding was fantastic - just like I remember from my grandparents house (Grandpa was off the boat British). Just wish we would have gotten more than one slice - now Ive got to go hunt some down at one of the British food stores in town...hmmm.

I'm a big guy, I don't deny that. The testing TM actually pushed using force when I was trying to fit. There is no exact size that can ride. The cutoff for chest/stomach seems to be roughly 46-48 inches. The TM trying to get my seat to click a 3rd time said he no longer fit. He said 2-3 weeks ago he fit and rode it. Now he's a couple lbs bigger and he can't ride. It really is a matter of only 5-10 lbs for some. However if you are female and have a large chest it may not matter how much you lose.

Last edited:
The Official OU Discount for Frequent Riders? Sounds like an idea we should promote.

And congrats Danielle - I remember back "in the day" when I first got hired by the other large theme park in the area in exactly in the area I was wanting to work in for years...it was one of the best times of my life. Enjoy it, and dont let it become "just a job". Itll be great memories later!

Thanks everyone! And I definitely won't make it "just a job" I have to return to school in August and they said (if I'm a good employee of course) that I can return next summer and be seasonal. And I totally plan on doing this! And I never work somewhere I don't love. :D

Interesting. With the weight of the country growing all the time, I'm surprised they mind farted on this one. But as you said it will be an easy fix at least.

Yeah, I actually find the restraints on Rock n Roller Coaster uncomfortable myself, but for different reasons: I like to hold onto the restraint (Im not one to throw my hands up in the air), and at my height, my elbows are always wedged between the side of the seat and the restraint when I do this. The FJ ones have a "handle" that I think was actually designed to make it easier for the loaders to pull the restraints down, but it makes a nice handle to hold on to during the ride, and almost gives you the feeling of controlling a hang-glider or something.

Went there today. And it was more then I ever expected. I was thrilled that the gates were open and they were letting people in. The line moves pretty fast once you get inside. The ride was incredible. Just like everybody said mix between spider man and soarin but 100x better. The ride broke down for like 3 minutes when I was on it. But it was cool because I could look around and see the other vehicles robotic arms. i give the ride a 10 +

What is Pram Parking, is it like a stroller? Why would you want pram parking for DC.

Yes, Pram parking is stroller parking. Pram is a British term for a basket stroller.
And maybe not necessarily for DC, but for the area you may want it. Trust me, youll NEVER be able to get a stroller into these shops, even without people in them they are way too small and tight.
Also, you may want to walk the queue with your little ones and use child swap...my 5 year old still uses a stroller off and on, and shes too small to ride FJ, but I would definately think about taking her through the queue - its a show in itself.

Last edited:
Yes, Pram parking is stroller parking. Pram is a British term for a basket stroller.
And maybe not necessarily for DC, but for the area you may want it. Trust me, youll NEVER be able to get a stroller into these shops, even without people in them they are way too small and tight.
Also, you may want to walk the queue with your little ones and use child swap...my 5 year old still uses a stroller off and on, and shes too small to ride FJ, but I would definately think about taking her through the queue - its a show in itself.

Makes since. ;D