The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 563 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went today around 2:30 and yes I just missed riding FJ. I was still extremely happy because I got the green light today!!!! Lat week I went and couldn't get that 3rd click. Today I go and the ride is already closed. I tried the test seat and thought here comes that stupid red light again. I asked the TM to push on the harness and he goes your fine. I asked him if he was joking and he coved the light to make sure the green was on. It was real sunny so it was hard to see. He checked again and goes, " yep you're ok." They finally changed the seats outside to the actual ride seats, not the bucket shaped DD seats they had last week. I guess the 3rd time will be the charm. I will ride FJ before the weekend is over!!!

I'm a day or two late on here again... and again like 30 pages to catch up lol... Anyways!

AMAZING pics Mookie, hatetofly, JonsMovies! :rep:

Yeah its crazy over there look at this one from a bit ago http://tweetphoto.com/26487732

:jaw:

@BanksLee

IT'S OPEN!!!!! #potterwatch http://yfrog.com/muua5j

:jaw::jaw::jaw:
It's PACKED!!!! Oh dear!!

*Does a happy Potter dance* Our first after noon soft. I'm feeling sentimental. *sniffle* :lol:

I know, right? :'(

I actually liked them. I didn't notice this until my third ride, but if you lean back into the seat, you receive the optimal view and audio. The handles on the restraints made me feel like I was actually flying on a broomstick. :lol:

I'm definitely doing that then! :D Glad you had such a great time!

The Time Magazine pictures of WWoHP are online. My daughter is picture #10! http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1995792_2150397,00.html
Congrats! That’s very cool! :rep:

I'm VERY intrigued about what will be happening on the 16th, 17th and 18th… Will a limited amount of GP get in? can we watch from the temp bridge? etc. I’ve been thinking about booking a room on-site the 17th so I’d go early the 17th and watch any festivities (even if from afar), then stay overnight on-site, get up at like 4am or whatever is the earliest legal time we can head out there and run to IoA's gates to get in line as an on-site guest. I’d take an iPod filled with HP audiobooks and HP movie scores to keep me entertained through the hours of wait time :)

One sad thing I wanted to point out… Summer time is here, and the sun does not come down until around 8-9pm, so if softs continue to close in the early afternoon like today, we may have to wait until the 18th for nighttime pics of Hogwarts and the village all lit up :’(

OH! We've hit 750 PAGES!!!! WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT for the WWoHP: Part 2 thread! Congrats everyone here! I'm glad to be part of such a cool group of people and I can only hope to meet many of you at the WWoHP!

:whoo:

Last edited:
Wow those crowds are awful! Although hopefully it won't literally be like that during the week after GO since I presume that was when the giant crowd were all first allowed into WWOHP together? So they would disperse into queues etc.
From the looks of it, we're going to have to get to FJ and then do Ollivanders before DC and FOTH.

Heading to IOA this morning, going to take a spin on the "Is FJ open early?" Wheel!

Yesterday, FJ didn't "go" down, it was "brought" down. Meaning, it closed on purpose. And no, not due to technical problems.

Hey, Atticus, I'll also be heading out. It's pretty much gonna be an all day all night thing today. I'm really hoping I can get in. The entire island sounds wonderful. And of course there's the rest of Uni resort to battle crowds in, so don't get to cocky, WWoHP. Thanks everyone for contributing!

I'll be the kid with the curly brown hair and a gray Jurassic Park t-shirt. :lol:

WizardingWorldofHarryPotterSigninSe.jpg

WizardingWorldofHarryPotterGringots.jpg

Here are some pics. I will get to downloading the rest from last week later.

Does anyone know if going on single rider means I miss out completely on the queue? I know I'll probably be missing out on a lot of it, but does anyone know what I'll actually be able to see?

Unfortunately the only things you see in the single rider line are the gryffindor common room and the sorting hat. I'd recommend going through the regular queue at least once, once you get in the castle the line feels as if the line is moving too fast.

A few observations-

As far as the queue and single rider, there isn't much to see in the greenhouse area except those little mandrake plants, I wouldn't care about skipping that. But if the single rider queue skips the portrait room and Dumbledore's office, those are big things to miss.

Also, on one of my queue experiences at FJ, it did take longer than the "free" time on the lockers, and I did end up paying $3.00 I think it was to get my stuff. Was kind of pissed about that.

A tip I found after a few rides on FJ.....the scenes in front of the curved screens, where you're flying on broomsticks with Harry, I found it cooler to lean forward a bit so the top of the ride vehicle isn't in your field of view- felt more like you're really flying. The other scenes, with all the animatronics and real sets, it was better to lean back in the seat and let the ride vehicle direct what you see.

Also, on one of my queue experiences at FJ, it did take longer than the "free" time on the lockers, and I did end up paying $3.00 I think it was to get my stuff. Was kind of pissed about that.

When I talked to one of the TMs they said the locker is free for the first ride. When I went to go pick up my stuff it said I owed $3 so I got one of the TMs and they opened my locker for free.

According to several people on [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG], WWoHP is open again ATM. No word on how long it will stay open today.

Wow, I am amazed that by the area on a daily basis and I can't wait to see it myself first hand.

Any thoughts that they will have something special for Christmas time this year?