The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 684 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those on Facebook, here's a photographic tour of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Pudgewig the Owl (Hedwig's much larger and purple brother): http://bit.ly/cYDOoE
We won him at the Studio so he accompanied us and we even had to do Child Swap with him for Forbidden Journey (he rode Hippogriff). That's definitely a new life experience. I never figured out why they only show the very beginning of the first movie in there.

For those on Facebook, here's a photographic tour of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Pudgewig the Owl (Hedwig's much larger and purple brother): http://bit.ly/cYDOoE
We won him at the Studio so he accompanied us and we even had to do Child Swap with him for Forbidden Journey (he rode Hippogriff). That's definitely a new life experience. I never figured out why they only show the very beginning of the first movie in there.

I had to do the child swap for my girlfriend with her Ollivander's wand. I was sitting in there with it, surrounded by children, so one of the employees noticed how terribly bored I was and came to talk to me.

He mentioned how they run the Harry Potter movie in the child swap room from a computer, and they keep having trouble uploading the whole movie to it, so it only show the first half hour or so. Needless to say, we talked about it for a while, since the ride broke down while my girlfriend was in line.

That's great news about the Pygmy Puffs and the mugs! I was planning on bringing some carabiners to hang our mugs from the backpack. I was sad when they had the handle-less mugs for awhile and figured it would take up much needed space for booty. :lol:

^ Be there on Saturday and will post pictures if no one is there before then. Also can anyone tell me whats the crowds have been like and what to expect this Saturday. I haven't been in a few weeks and was wondering if the crowds have died down a little since school has started back.

^ Be there on Saturday and will post pictures if no one is there before then. Also can anyone tell me whats the crowds have been like and what to expect this Saturday. I haven't been in a few weeks and was wondering if the crowds have died down a little since school has started back.

They have died down alot, i was there on sunday and FJ had a 15 min wait at 1:00.

I'll be there Friday and can send a pic to someone to post if no one's done it by then. Glad to hear the crowds are dying down!

I was there this past week and it seemed pretty packed. Maybe you guys have seen worse, but Monday night there was a 90 minute wait for Forbidden Journey at about 7:00. Earlier today I got in the park at 8 AM since it opens early for hotel guests, and FJ wasn't even operating. Did that Sunday morning 3 times in a row before the main crowds got in, and at night about an hour before the park closed. Those seem like the best times to go

But other than that the waits varied between 45 -90 minutes. I think i might have seen 120 at one point.

Hey guys, I haven’t posted here for a while but have still been the following Wizarding Worlds’ opening and progress closely. Go to -http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/universal%27s_islands_of_adventure/harry_potter_and_the_forbidden_journey/ - 100 votes, 10/10. Not too bad statistics eh?

I have been bored and decided to look back at the original Wizarding World thread, remembering the rumours bouncing off in all directions like crazy, little wars and tantrums (what was the name of that guy who we thought was giving out details, turned out to be completely bull$#!+?)

Has anyone else gone back to see your old posts? It’s fun reading the “now celebrity members” first posts, remembering the reading and getting disappointed (over little things like not being able to go into the towers, all being one storied) and hyped up with all the new details appearing like crazy at new points. I spent AGES finding my first post with all my predictions (the search still isn’t working), and when I did finally find it, it turned out to be quite an essay almost, some of my guesses were scarily close, was FJ that predictable?

It is quite sad how many of the posts I remember reading, probably from all the excitement, then constantly refreshing the page, begging for news, answers and updates on construction. I am NOT quite enjoying this auto-shrink thing on the new design (which is quite good) the construction pictures are tiny and then have to be opened in a new window… I had fun following a big project with two things I enjoy, Harry Potter and Theme Parks.

I probably will never make it to Harry’s Wizarding World at Universal Florida, but I got a pretty good preview thanks to the Internet and the people at Orlando United. I’ll finish up with these two words, will they bring back any memories?

Powerade Bottle.

Would it be hard to change the ending so at least there would be a flash when he does Expecto Pattrolum (sp?). It would make it a little more climatic.

The flash probably wasn't done because it would impede on the surrounding ride vehicles as well and ruin the experience for them.

Would it be hard to change the ending so at least there would be a flash when he does Expecto Pattrolum (sp?). It would make it a little more climatic.

MINOR SPOILER

The patronus isn't even the climax; the avalanche is. But I see what you mean, there are a lot of missed opportunities to make the images "jump off the screen."

Powerade Bottle.

:'(

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Tbad! :rep:

That brickwork looks nice, looking forward to when it's finished. What is the blacked out attraction on the height restriction bars?