The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 687 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I said it once and I'll say it again: Universal needs to start adding attractions without replacing others (HRRR is a good example of what I mean).

I completely agree, but speaking in Universal's defense, they're a bit landlocked for expansion. Take HRRR for example. One of the most narrow coaster layouts for its size I've ever seen, because it's tucked away between the park and the soundstages. Also, although BTTF still had some years left, but honestly, franchises like Terminator, Jimmy Neutron, and Twister had their fun. But yes, I agree that addition is better than replacement.

Back on topic, I am so looking to visit Potter during the slow season. Going to Hogsmeade when it's actually cold outside, and the shops won't feel like you're in a broom closet. And can you say riding FJ fifteen times in one day? XD

Just went for the first time yesterday...truly breathtaking. I was in awe after my first ride on HJ. Both butter-beers are great, and the Great Feast was really good.

Has anyone seen the Triwizard spirit rally thing? How is it?

Hey returned yesterday as well, the crowds are well down now that has passed summer, pygmy puffs are again sold out, stated buy now of the website, makes it real special. Cover both parks key rides in under four hours. Had early entry so checked out all potter activities in the first hour. FJ 4 times no lines on anything except Olivanders.

Hope Universal is still making a buck, except food and butter bear did see much buying going on.

That first kick from butter bear is so memorable.

Does anyone know the contractual deal between Universal Studios and Warner Bros/JK. Rowling in regards to the WWOHP? I heard somewhere that Universal only makes money off of park admission, while Warner Bros and JK. Rowling receive all merchandise profits. Is that true? Because if it is, this must have been the greatest investment they have ever made. Ever.

Also, does anyone know if they paid off all construction costs/investments by now?

I heard somewhere that Universal only makes money off of park admission, while Warner Bros and JK. Rowling receive all merchandise profits. Is that true?

I have no basis of knowing, but I can't imagine that's true. Pretty much all of profit in a park like Disney or Universal is merchandise and food -- if they were to give up that profit, I can't see the admission $$$ even covering WWoHP operations alone. You never know though, Rowling is definitely in the best bargaining position possible.......

Does anyone know the contractual deal between Universal Studios and Warner Bros/JK. Rowling in regards to the WWOHP? I heard somewhere that Universal only makes money off of park admission, while Warner Bros and JK. Rowling receive all merchandise profits. Is that true? Because if it is, this must have been the greatest investment they have ever made. Ever.

Also, does anyone know if they paid off all construction costs/investments by now?

I have no basis of knowing, but I can't imagine that's true. Pretty much all of profit in a park like Disney or Universal is merchandise and food -- if they were to give up that profit, I can't see the admission $$$ even covering WWoHP operations alone. You never know though, Rowling is definitely in the best bargaining position possible.......

Universal basically pays a royalty fee or a licensing fee would be a better term to WB and JKR. And maybe a small percentage of merchandise. But otherwise all food products and custom made merchandise not sold anywhere else is strictly going to USO pockets. Which why these rumors of an expansion have gained soooooo much steam so quickly. Regardless even having more people in the park they are making more money in other locations as well. UO is banking right now.

Well I have a sort of off-topic question, that may have already been answered.

Does anyone know what the maximum wait for Forbidden Journey has been since it opened? I haven't heard anyone say they've waited more than an hour, but I know the queue line was built to hold up to 7 hours worth of people. It's been a while since I've been to these boards so I'm just curious what the longest wait time it's had so far is.

Another question, what's the latest on the express line for FJ? I'm going to Universal next week for the first time in years!

Well I have a sort of off-topic question, that may have already been answered.

Does anyone know what the maximum wait for Forbidden Journey has been since it opened? I haven't heard anyone say they've waited more than an hour, but I know the queue line was built to hold up to 7 hours worth of people. It's been a while since I've been to these boards so I'm just curious what the longest wait time it's had so far is.

Another question, what's the latest on the express line for FJ? I'm going to Universal next week for the first time in years!

i think 200 mins.

They had purple Pygmy Puffs? I've missed so much!

It is great to see at least the crowds are dying out. I am holding out great hope that on the 27th and 28th, no crowds!!!

If you're talking about what I said, no. I was just describing what they are in the books. I haven't seen any purple ones yet.

Has anyone ever waited the posted time on Fj? I've seen it long but when I've waited for it when it said 60 or 75 its really only been like 45 and when you hit the castle it moves way to fast. I feel like the line is the most enjoyable wait ever...even when it's long you never stop moving because of the magic carpet.

Has anyone ever waited the posted time on Fj? I've seen it long but when I've waited for it when it said 60 or 75 its really only been like 45 and when you hit the castle it moves way to fast. I feel like the line is the most enjoyable wait ever...even when it's long you never stop moving because of the magic carpet.

I've only waited the posted time when it broke down while I was in line. I think they overstate the time to steer people away rom the ride. That was it never becomes overbearable.

Oh yeah, and guys, this is my first post after a big break! I admit I've had some withdrawls but school work and obligations really get to you. It's good to be back!