The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 878 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
quick question that i'm not sure if its been brought up before... what is happening to the H.E locomotive replica at the entrance of WWHP now that the real deal is being installed is it staying?

Just wanted to thank HTF for his FJ write-up. Am I missing a conversation on it somewhere else in the forums? No one has mentioned it yet.

From the pictures I've seen posted on various sites recently, it doesn't look like they've put up any holiday decorations in Hogsmeade, even the understated ones they've used the past few years. Does anyone know why that is? Seems strange since the rest of the park looks to be pretty well decked out.

From the pictures I've seen posted on various sites recently, it doesn't look like they've put up any holiday decorations in Hogsmeade, even the understated ones they've used the past few years. Does anyone know why that is? Seems strange since the rest of the park looks to be pretty well decked out.

They will put up a few, but they will be VERY understated and country-like. No shiny balls or lights that I can recall. I would assume it was negotiated between WB, Art Directors and JKR. If one stands back from it, common Xmas decorations are rather garish, and at theme parks, they are over-the-top garish. Phase I WW had hard-as-nails art direction... for a reason.

Last edited:
Visited WWOHP yesterday for the first time and it WAS all that it's cracked up to be!:happy::hail:

The Forbidden Journey and Butter Beer were A++++

Loved the Fish & Chips at Three Broomsticks.

Rode the very short but smooth, fast and well themed Hippogriff.

Didn't do Dragons Challenge (had ridden it many times as DD).

Visited WWOHP yesterday for the first time and it WAS all that it's cracked up to be!:happy::hail:

The Forbidden Journey and Butter Beer were A++++

Loved the Fish & Chips at Three Broomsticks.

Rode the very short but smooth, fast and well themed Hippogriff.

Didn't do Dragons Challenge (had ridden it many times as DD).

You certainly didn't miss anything by not doing Dragon Challenge lol it was WAY better in its previous incarnation

My first time visiting WWoHP was also the first time I went to IOA in like 3-4 years so it was eye opening to say the least. (I went about 4 months ago) I'm not gonna lie, I thought it'd be a little big bigger, but for what it is it's absolutely breathtaking. FJ was stunning, I'd love to ride it again and really appreciate it, I was too busy being awed by its scale and technology. That being said, I would definitely love to go back and spend most of my time in WWoHP to really immerse myself in it.

I know this is a topic that had been butchered, but I'm surprised Universal is doing all this ride refurbs to get ready for June, but not spoofing up HP. I think we heard about upgraded projectors, but now would be a great time to maybe re-work the entrance to Hogsmede or dare I say cover up the damn Hogwarts show building once and for all...just saying.

Also, how did we miss this tweet from HTF saying FJ isn't done and that there's more to come in the future!?
"@hatetofly: @OnWithTheShows Not quite lol the FJ isn't done..."
"@hatetofly: @OnWithTheShows I mean more to come in the future lol"
Finally, he also mentioned June 10th as the HP opening date.

Last edited:
^ Hearing whispers of a few updates being done in Hogsmeade. More on that as I can share...