The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 906 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think not being a die hard Potter fan allows me to enjoy the area much more. I could care less where something is located or how it looks as long as it's a good attraction. :cheers:

I think not being a die hard Potter fan allows me to enjoy the area much more. I could care less where something is located or how it looks as long as it's a good attraction. :cheers:

I'm a die hard Potter fan and Dragon's Challenge doesn't bother me at all. I don't do coasters so I can't say how good of a ride it is but I would expect something like it to be in a theme park. If they were to replace it with rides I could do that would be great but I understand the reason for it. I think its a small but vocal minority that really wants it gone. If they found a way to blend it in to the surroundings a little better I think there would be almost no one against it. But I find there is so much else to look at in Hogsmeade that DC doesn't even register on my radar.

Ice/Blue is definitely a fun ride. I just think the cobra roll was kind of a cheap way to get the ride to five inversions and would have rather seen a second zero-g roll + something else instead. Having the longer lead up to the second near-miss is also moot now that the coasters no longer duel.

But yeah. Still a great ride, and the zero-g roll is an awesome and unique element that Fire/Red lacks.

I love that cobra roll really, though I do think there should have been a 6th inversion for blue.

I'm a die hard Potter fan and Dragon's Challenge doesn't bother me at all. I don't do coasters so I can't say how good of a ride it is but I would expect something like it to be in a theme park. If they were to replace it with rides I could do that would be great but I understand the reason for it. I think its a small but vocal minority that really wants it gone. If they found a way to blend it in to the surroundings a little better I think there would be almost no one against it. But I find there is so much else to look at in Hogsmeade that DC doesn't even register on my radar.
took the words out of my mouth. I love Potter, I have for my whole life. The parks are a dream come true, and DC honestly doesn't hinder that. If anything, it just makes you use your imagination

I think a lot of my ambivalence about DC could be solved by a) enclosing the lift hills and final brake runs, adding some audio/video effects, b) theming the track supports and reprinting the track, c) re-landscaping the ground under the track and adding some scenic elements.

Reactions: Brervixen
I think a lot of my ambivalence about DC could be solved by a) enclosing the lift hills and final brake runs, adding some audio/video effects, b) theming the track supports and reprinting the track, c) re-landscaping the ground under the track and adding some scenic elements.

That's what I was thinking. Repaint both tracks with all the structural poles bark like and both tracks green like leafs. Having 2 tracks with the same colour makes for a more disorienting ride and with some more help the whole thing could look like a forest. Adding more trees, rocks and caves could help with some of the sounds and the whole thing would just fall away with 2 bright dragons flying trough the woods.
If Universal ever would build The Great Hall they should try to locate it on the top of the Hogwarts castle building and extend the castle in it's total. An elevator (themed) and/or the famous moving staircases could lead you there. It wouldn't take up space.

Looks like Hulk.

OK, here is my idea. Paint one maroon, one charcoal. Bark the short pylons. Add limbs above the track on the short pylons. The tall pylons stay gray. Add a lot of trees. And any time the dragons get near the land add a fire effect similar in concept to the water spray on Manta.

Fire is cool!

PS: I would really like to post a pic of the JP Themed "Return Ticket Kiosk" area.

Last edited:
I think for the big picture, it's important to remember that DC is one of the iconic attractions at Universal Orlando Resort... Most don't think of the park without thinking of these two coasters... I love the Great Hall being a second floor restaurant, that is one of the most ingenious ideas I've heard because it solves the problem of space and creates a more immersed attraction experience (and it remains in the castle, as opposed to an odd amount of space between the Facade and the actual Great Hall)... I'm unsure as to what UO Creative is thinking for the future though, despite some insider assurances that a third phase will come. To me, this seems like a very practical new outlet that allows them to avoid overkill while continuing to add things... But they may want more of a money maker...
Love this idea though! Could someone chime in as to whether a second floor Great Hall restaurant would work with the current floor plan?

I think for the big picture, it's important to remember that DC is one of the iconic attractions at Universal Orlando Resort... Most don't think of the park without thinking of these two coasters...
I guess maybe tourists might think in that way, but I rarely ever think of DC when thinking of UOR. I don't even remember the last time I rode it.

[HASHTAG]#TeamDC[/HASHTAG].

Orlando is starving for decent coasters since Disney won't build one. It's always been one of my favorite coasters. My wife likes it better then the hulk

While I don't mind DC, I do believe it takes up a lot of land that could be better used in adding at least two more attractions. But I don't know about Uni retheming DC...it's already there. People know how it looks and spending money to add rockwork or more trees would be a waste IMO. The most I could see them doing is repainting it. And about that Idea of adding the GH in the actual castle: I don't think some people understand how tall that is, or how the whole forced perspective thing works...or how unbelievably difficult it would be to transport food up there. I love the idea but I don't think it would work there...However I do believe that it would go better in the plot where DC currently is. And yes I know it's not near Hogwarts but as I've mentioned before, there could be some plot elements around it that explain entering it through there instead of the castle....but at the same time I feel that IOA kinda needs rollercoasters to make it more diverse in thrill level. If they can come up with a new rollercoaster in a different land that is up to par with DC, then I think they'd do it. At the same time, Uni now seems to gravitate towards whats going to sell the most and attract more guests. The addition of the GH and another possible attraction would be enough to bring in tons of people who probably feel cheated out when they come to the WWOHP and find out that you cannot dine in the GH.
Oh and I don't see why Lost Continent would go anytime soon...I certainly don't see it being used for Potter. Maybe Seuss. Who knows but there's not much you can do there without ruining the whole Island theme going on

Last edited:
Maybe they could just relocate the Hogs Head and have the secret passage to Hogwarts on it, with lighting on the windows making us think we're on the real thing while keeping it all on ground level.

DC should have been painted during the constructor of Hogsmeade and I've always wondered why it wasn't. No doubt if situation were reversed and DD was in the middle of DA it would have received at the very least a new coat of brown paint..