The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 915 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FJ waits were very low in the morning and evening last weekend. Walked on at 8:30 Friday night, only time I've seen them manually lowering restraints on entire vehicles due to lack of riders.

On the flip side, it seems people are taking HE from Diagon to Hogsmeade in droves around 3 pm.

How are the waits for FJ lately? I know they were pretty low on weekdays in June but obviously a lot has changed ha ha... Trying to get an estimate for Tuesday...

Ride it in the morning or right when the park is closing...afternoons the ride jumps to 60 min sometimes..FJ has fantastic capacity though

Surprised to hear Dragons was at 25 min..

Was there yesterday, FJ in the morning at 8 was 30 minutes, though by the time I came out of the ride the wait was already 45 minutes; also, around noon Dragon Challenge was 30 minutes. Hogwards Express was 5 minutes every time I passed by.

So when I went uni on the 19th and rode forbidden journey I noticed something that I never saw or noticed before. Right before Aragog there was a branch that was hanging down really close to the ride vehicle and I noticed as we went by it a wire hanging out the back of it. I'm curious if this is new and was broken or maybe an inactive effect that just happen to be hanging down. I would assume the intended the effect would be the spider knocking the branch down as its moving around the forest. It seems like it would be really cool if it was working. So I was curious if it is was newly added to bring the ride inline with Japans version or if is something I just never noticed/ was never working. On a side note, with the increased brightness of the domes it has made it really easy to see those deactivated dementors before you go into the last dome. I really wish they would turn it on. Were they built into the Japan version and deactivated as well or was it built without? That could be a telling sign of what they eventually do with that area of the ride. Be cause in its current form, that 10 feet or so of black sheets really detracts from the ride. Themeing is my main complaint for this ride, and I really wish they could tighten it all up one day.

So back at the New Year, HTF mentioned that the ride profile would be changed to correspond with Japan's tamer profile? Was this done? Has the profile been changed past the limited movement modifications in the domes?

So back at the New Year, HTF mentioned that the ride profile would be changed to correspond with Japan's tamer profile? Was this done? Has the profile been changed past the limited movement modifications in the domes?

Everything be the same as far as I can tell... My B :lol:

We just got back from Universal and we were able to ride Forbidden Journey about 5 times with no more than a 20-30 minute wait each time. My whole Family thought the ride seemed different in a good way - more intense - we went upside down more this time - even seeing the projector and screen behind us at the Willow Tree. In the Spider section, we seemed closer to everything. More of a "thrill ride" than when we rode it last October. Has it been changed?

We just got back from Universal and we were able to ride Forbidden Journey about 5 times with no more than a 20-30 minute wait each time. My whole Family thought the ride seemed different in a good way - more intense - we went upside down more this time - even seeing the projector and screen behind us at the Willow Tree. In the Spider section, we seemed closer to everything. More of a "thrill ride" than when we rode it last October. Has it been changed?
We felt the same way when we went in late May. Seemed like we were upside down (further back) more, but when I mentioned it here, others said no.

Last edited:

By upside down do you mean leaning back? FJ does not go upside down

By upside down do you mean leaning back? FJ does not go upside down[/QUOTE

I guess a better way to phrase it would have been that we went back a lot further to the point of almost being upside down. The ride definitely seemed different since we rode it last Summer and in October last year.

Hey guys I'm planning on visiting Orlando in a couple of months and I have a quick question.

Does FJ have any loops and would a 7 year old enjoy the ride? My sister is a fan of the movies, but I hear this ride is horrifying to children.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm planning on visiting Orlando in a couple of months and I have a quick question.

Does FJ have any loops and would a 7 year old enjoy the ride? My sister is a fan of the movies, but I hear this ride is horrifying to children.

NO, FJ has no loopings, it's not a coaster. It's dark ride that makes you feel like flying. The kids will know the dementors, dragon and womping willow from the movies. Although they come very close I'm sure they are ok.

Not failed. I do know they want to bring it back during the colder months, but that may mean not until Dec possibly.... or even not until the Potter Celebration.