The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You will probably be able to see the Shrek show building from the new alleyway in Hogsmead after looking at this comparison.
22398316158_1229829e8d_k.jpg

22193941174_66e0433e2b_k.jpg
Unfortunately being nestled between CityWalk and the Theme Park will cause some visual intrusions into the land.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
$170 1-day would automatically make Universal Studios Hollywood the most expensive theme park to gain single entry in on the planet. Keep in mind that they can not guarantee visitors access to WWoHP the first year. I mean, granted, the situation would be a bit rare, but that's still something to think about. Also, Orlando has a significantly larger Potter "area". It spans across two theme parks, both of which are larger than USH's theme park property. The cost to get into both is currently $147. Likewise, Disneyland's park hopper is $155 currently.

That takes it away from the usual "sports" and "concerts" argument and more in the comparisons of the competition. Disney has a wealth of attractions in Anaheim, with both parks averaging 70 to 80 something. (includes everything you can enjoy that is marked as an "attraction" or live show)

USH in 2016 will have nine rides, four shows, a play area, MAYBE a small parade, the interactive Ollivanders experience and the Frog Choir show.. and let's just speculate and say that part of the new HoH building will include a revamped Universal Experience. That's, by stretching it out the furthest possible and even tossing in a pure speculation attraction, that's 18 attractions. You don't even have two-day passes to lessen, the two on-site hotels are really not, and parking is $20.

Just because they have Potter doesn't entitle Universal act invincible. Orlando knows they have to still play slight second-hand to WDW, and they in turn offer guests terrific (and new) experiences at a slightly lower price. It's a brilliant strategy. $170 would be flipping the situation with far, far less worth of value than their competition, and at the same time, again, become the most expensive theme park to visit on Earth. Not only is USH not ready for that notoriety in any sort of fashion, it's not in USH's favor to gain that. They can't hide behind Potter with that: it exists elsewhere, for a cheaper price.

I know the response is "well I'm just spitballing..." but again, let's not dive off the deep end because we're bitter about how expensive things are getting. There's still a line, and Disney is that line. No other theme park in their right mind would sprint right past that, considering how large the negative feedback was.

One thing that I CAN see them do maybe (but would still be beyond greedy), is maybe offer different ticket types and levels. At the end I will post why I think so.

For example:

Universal Studios Hollywood One Day General Admission* ticket - $99

Universal Studios Hollywood One Day Magic Admission** Ticket - $129

Front of Line General Ticket* - $149

Front of Line Magic Ticket** $189

VIP Experience** - $350

Regular Annual Pass with 10% discounts* - $129

Regular No Black-Out Annual Pass with 12% discounts* - $189

Magic No Black-Out Annual Pass with 15% discounts, Parking until 4PM** -$249

Golden Snitch Annual Pass*** - $329

-

*Does not include guaranteed admission into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Return time tickets into land may or may not be available on select days.

**Includes admission into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

***No Black Out Dates. Includes admission into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Free all day parking, Front of the Line on Studio Tour, 15% Discounts on food & merchandise in park & citywalk, discounts for special events, free Magic guest ticket during your birthday month, free unlimited AmazingPictures downloads, & access to exclusive Golden Snitch Annual Pass member "Quidditch Tent" lounge.

That's the new structure I would implement. I wouldn't be surprised if it is even more expensive than that. I know for a fact that Universal is mulling over different pricing structures and ticket types and levels.

There's a new pole outside the Hogsmeade arch but visible from inside Hogsmeade.  Banners?  It's much taller than the other poles with spotlights on them.  It looks to be the same height as the two pole across which the Springfield banner is stretched. 

Hogsmeade_110715_1.jpg

Hogsmeade_110715_2.jpg

Finally these ducts are painted building color.

Hogsmeade_110715_3.jpg

My secret Hogmeade access stairway getting installed.  Or more likely a fire escape.  But maybe if I'm nice...

Hogsmeade_110715_4.jpg

There's a new pole outside the Hogsmeade arch but visible from inside Hogsmeade.  Banners?  It's much taller than the other poles with spotlights on them.  It looks to be the same height as the two pole across which the Springfield banner is stretched. 

Hogsmeade_110715_1.jpg

Hogsmeade_110715_2.jpg

Finally these ducts are painted building color.

Hogsmeade_110715_3.jpg

My secret Hogmeade access stairway getting installed.  Or more likely a fire escape.  But maybe if I'm nice...

Hogsmeade_110715_4.jpg
I can't see your photos.

I'm on mobile and can see them. Maybe update your browser or use a different one. I'm using safari on mobile and on my computer and can see them.

The hog statues in front of Hogwarts Castle have been installed.
gargoyle.jpg

You can see the gargoyles from the top of the Jurassic Parking building if you look carefully.  Sorry this is a blurry image.  The queue is getting very foresty too.

hogwarts3.jpg

And you can see the wings from the back of the Shrek queue.  Looks like the Hippogriff entrance right next to Shrek?

Hagrid's hut is also rising from in front of the end of the Shrek queue.  Currently under scaffold, but the roof is up.  This could probably be done in not too much time.

hagrid2.jpg

And the greenhouse looks finished.

greenhouse.jpg

I'm impatiently waiting for the walls to come down.  I asked an employee at "Feature Presentation" about the opening date and she says its "quite likely" the Wizarding World will open February or March, but there is no specified date just yet.

Reactions: William and Aaron
gargoyle.jpg

You can see the gargoyles from the top of the Jurassic Parking building if you look carefully.  Sorry this is a blurry image.  The queue is getting very foresty too.

hogwarts3.jpg

And you can see the wings from the back of the Shrek queue.  Looks like the Hippogriff entrance right next to Shrek?

Hagrid's hut is also rising from in front of the end of the Shrek queue.  Currently under scaffold, but the roof is up.  This could probably be done in not too much time.

hagrid2.jpg

And the greenhouse looks finished.

greenhouse.jpg

I'm impatiently waiting for the walls to come down.  I asked an employee at "Feature Presentation" about the opening date and she says its "quite likely" the Wizarding World will open February or March, but there is no specified date just yet.
Awesome photos! The whole land is looking great, can't wait until they start testing lighting. 

Thanks, I think they actually started lighting testing on Hogwarts last week!
I meant throughout the whole land haha. There's still some lighting fixtures left to be placed in. It feels like just yesterday that Gibson was being demolished...

I meant throughout the whole land haha. There's still some lighting fixtures left to be placed in. It feels like just yesterday that Gibson was being demolished...
I know!  Remember when the Wizarding World was a big pile of dirt with a few steel structures!  Amazing how long of a way we've come!  True of that.

In regards to the additional restrooms like Japan, I asked & was told that as far as they know, we only have the one restroom like Orlando. This is coming from someone who has been within Hogsmeade a few times recently doing scenic. Here are some things I already mentioned a while back & then was confirmed with the recent WWOHP site up, along with a few new bits of info...

- Hogwarts Express cabin photo-op (similar to Japan)

- Ollivander's (twice as big, 2 show rooms)

- 3 extra stores Orlando doesn't have

- USH exclusive extra shop window "Brews & Stews" (this is the building next to the newly revamped Shrek queue)

- Dungeon Greeter is slightly redesigned to help with guest flow at FJ

- As of right now, USH has ALL of its Dementors (the rumor about some being removed from Orlando's FJ due to being 'too scary' IS TRUE)

- Hippogriff train has different Hippo head than Orlando