The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ItsATrap is a fairly good source, but it never hurts to try! Universal has been extremely accomdating and embracing to those waiting for Potter soft opens, so if you do see team members shaking their heads and not allowing a line to be created I would try saving your time and trying another day.

This kind of post used to be so much easier to make when people could get parking for free haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allia and Aaron
I'll be in Burbank Touesday afternoon. Tempted to stop by. What are the chances tech rehearsals will last all day?

What house did everyone get? - https://my.pottermore.com/sorting-hat

Surprise, surprise, I got Slytherin.

I have no idea how this happened but:

Lv43OD9.png

...are Gryffindor's even allowed to have low self-esteem?

Decided to come over to the park again today (since I had nothing else to do and only live 5 minutes down the street in Burbank). If you don't mind not riding with your friends, single rider is absolutely the best way to do FJ. Within a 20 minute span, I rode it 5 times. I'm only mildly obsessed... But if it's your first time I suggest waiting in the normal line because you can't see most of the inside portion of the castle when doing single rider.

I ran into my TM friend again and she said that they are planned to keep the area open until the park closes tonight. So head over if you haven't had a chance to yet!

Yea single riders is the ONLY way I ride FJ... however, there are times I won't ride it even via single riders due to knowing how long the wait can be depending on where the end of the single rider line is. Especially if the line is anywhere near the stairs, then its a "nope!"

If you have to see the castle queue for FJ... I suggest making sure you do it early, unless you want to wait forever.

PS. They sadly will not be having on-ride photos for Forbidden Journey :( They were one of my favorite parts of FJ.

Reactions: Ryan
Finally experienced the place for myself today, I LOVED it! Butter beer is definitely amazing and worth the hype, I prefer it cold to frozen however. Forbidden Journey has instantly become my favorite new dark ride. Flight of the Hippogriff is a fun little coaster, and my oh my Three Broomsticks was delicious. They were working their butt off, and while I ordered a Shepherds Pie, they said it wouldn't be ready until at least 40 mins, so they let me pick ANYTHING off the menu regardless of equal value free of charge! Kudos! Olivanders is a neat little show, and there's lots of cool little things to check out. SO lucky to finally have this here! 

12734262_1212061282155643_4157276918450020882_n.jpg

I didn't think 3-D was going to affect my impression of FJ, since I've ridden it Florida many times, but I stand corrected. I thought some, although not all, of the 3-D did enhance a few scenes. I do hope the Quidditch-style 3-D glasses do come in and that they work better with guests' eyeglasses. The Transformer-style glasses almost flew off my face a couple times, partly since they have to sit over my regular eyeglasses.

A minor quibble: Universal still doesn't think having larger locker facilities would be beneficial. Sure, they're not necessary, since it's been this way in Orlando since 2010, but it would have been a nice change in a newer building. In order to control over-crowding in the lockers, they've been queuing guests outside and letting the into the lockers in batches. It does help crowd control, but I wasn't expecting that, since in Florida, I'm used to going straight into the lockers--unless the standby wait is around 75 minutes (or longer, I don't exactly remember), then they need to control a queue outside the lockers. Here at USH, although I was using the single rider line, I was surprised that I needed to wait outside for 20 minutes (yesterday) and 15 minutes (today) before getting to the lockers and then going into the single rider line. Again, it's a minor point and maybe they'll refine the process over the course of the soft opens and previews.

Overall, I was impressed by the job that Universal has done with this land. This is a terrific addition to the park!

I don't see how larger locker facilities would be considered unnecessary when you can't take bags or loose articles on the ride with you. I'm thankful I have never needed to use the lockers in Orlando. However, having go through the stupid giftshop post-ride was bad enough. The locker facalities are one of the many issues with the WWOHP not being built to realistically handle theme park crowds. Sure its great when its slow... but on a busy day at the park, you realize how small the shops & locker areas really are. I knew the shops wouldn't change in size, but its disappointing that they didn't fix the locker issue here.

So cool to read some of these reviews from people who've never been to Orlando. Cannot wait to come out later this year to experience this and check out all the little differences.

In addition I've been saying for many a moon that once the Wizard arrives all will change. I hope that now many of you can see this. I highly recommend that all of you enjoy the heck out of this now cause come April your park will never again be the same. Hollywood will finally be among the theme park elite and your going to see it come into the limelight like never before.

To all the desingers, artists, engineers, techs, team members etc congratulations on this crowning achievement.

I've been thinking about our version a lot the past two days. I noticed a ton of improvements from Orlando's iteration and I really think we have the superior Hogsmead but I can't help but prefer Orlando's more solely for the fact there are less visual intrusions in the land. Looking at everyone's review on the forums and other websites, it seems the general consensus is the visual intrusions and the 3D are what people dislike the most from our version. Hopefully we see some tweaks in the upcoming weeks. This land is so close to perfection, all we really need are more matured trees to cover those sightlines!

I've heard that we are FOR SURE getting the Quidditch goggle style glasses for FJ. They just haven't arrived yet. Also, the screens are apparently calibrated specifcally for those glasses so that's why it seems a little fuzzy at times with the normal Transformer glasses they have been giving to us this weekend. So there's one little improvement we should see eventually. 

As for the visual intrusions, the higher ups are apparently very aware of how many people are bothered by them. So hopefully something is done about it. I know they can't hide everything that surrounds the area but surely they can at least cover up the office buildings/Citywalk.