The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if they can confirm, that all the mirrors near the launch area of FJ are 1 way and that's were all the ride operators are behind. That's just my guess because where else are all the ride operators looking over the ride and making sure each vehicle is ready. (I do know that TMs press a button on a bench but there has to be more than that). Also, when I rode the ride yesterday they didn't have the HP music while slowly moving down the conveyer belt. Did other people hear the music?

Does anyone know if the land is still open? And has it been open all day. Thanks!

I heard an employee say that the Quidditch goggles for FJ are coming. They are just using the Transformers glasses for while they are in technical rehearsal. Should hopefully have them within the next two weeks.
That's good to know. On my ride the glasses felt like they were going to slip off of my head. Hopefully that will allow the ride to be slightly more wild.

Does anyone know if they can confirm, that all the mirrors near the launch area of FJ are 1 way and that's were all the ride operators are behind. That's just my guess because where else are all the ride operators looking over the ride and making sure each vehicle is ready. (I do know that TMs press a button on a bench but there has to be more than that). Also, when I rode the ride yesterday they didn't have the HP music while slowly moving down the conveyer belt. Did other people hear the music?

Does anyone know if the land is still open? And has it been open all day. Thanks!
This was something that I noticed as well because it's actually one of my favorite parts of the ride. I always get chills!!! Slowly moving down and hearing that music gets you so excited. Hopefully it comes soon.

Reactions: 12th Man
A little puff if i'd say so.

So, I would want to ask for those who have riden it, is the lighting bad to where you can see the roof of the Show building while riding?
Not too bad. I wasn't looking for that when I rode it, just trying to enjoy the ride on the first time, but maybe only in the whomping willow scene you can see the roof of the building. But since most people will be just focusing on the story of the ride, they probably won't notice it.

Another great day inside WWoHP at USH.  Just a few things I haven't noticed other mention.  First, butterbear flavored potted cream from Three Broomsticks is excellent.  Very sweet like the fudge but with much more butterscotch flavor.  Wish I could take the cute container home, too.  But no.

Hogsmeade_021316_1.jpg

At a glance most people may think the two statues are the same.  And they're very similar but Universal put in the extra effort to make each special.  The ears are the most notable difference to me.  It make such a difference when the little details are kept.

Hogsmeade_021316_2.jpg

Unfortunately, some details are too expensive to manage, at least by the time of technical rehearsals.  Many people have mentioned the visual intrusions but I haven't noticed anyone mention Springfield and The Simpsons Ride.  Looks shockingly colorful as seen through the muted and natural colors of Hogsmeade.  I know Universal has already added countless trees and plants, but as Oliver Twist would say, please sir, I want some more.

Hogsmeade_021316_3.jpg

Just got back from Wizarding World and it was AMAZING!!!! Arrived at the park at about 245 or so and walked right into Hogsmeade! We spent pretty much the entire afternoon there and loved every minute! First time through FJ we waited about 30 minutes. Breezed right through most of Hogwarts and onto the ride.

I had avoided any sort of descriptions or spoilers for this after all these years so I was completely in the dark about what to expect. To say I was blown away is an understatement!!!! By far one of the best attractions I have ever ridden!!

Tried FoH after but the line was moving WWWWAAAAYYYY too slow!!! We finally gave up after almost on hour waiting and still not even anywhere near the loading house.

Afterwards we tried some of the beers at the Hogs Head and poked around the rest of the land. All the TM's were great and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

We hit FJ again a little after 630pm and waited 50 minutes this time as the ride broke down while we were in Dumbledore's office.

We left Hogsmeade around 740 or so and visited the rest of what at that point was a mostly deserted park. We hit Minions, Transformers and Mummy all before closing and almost went back to ride FJ a third time before deciding against it.

All in all a great day at USH today!!

I want to thank everyone again in this forum that has kept me up to date with everything Wizarding World!!! Glad I was finally able to experience it all myself!

Reactions: Aaron
Hey guys is their going to be a soft tomorrow morning?

Guys I also have a question... I originally bought my pass at Costco which had its own block out dates.. I remember being blocked out tomorrow but when they printed my ticket at the park today, it says my block out start in March and not February.. Am I still valid??!!!!

I heard it will not be open Monday. Double time pay for all employees. But it will be open as a technical rehearsal every day through Feb and March. Special events excluded, of course.

Reactions: William
Yeah that would not make good sense to have it not open on a holiday even with the double pay. What's the point of having a theme park open 365 days a year if you get shaky about the few holiday peak days?

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it will not be open Monday. Double time pay for all employees. But it will be open as a technical rehearsal every day through Feb and March. Special events excluded, of course.
When/where did you hear this? I was planning on going tomorrow, hopefully they do!