The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey, so a friend of mine commented on Facebook that she was going to get to visit the Wizarding World on Saturday with Kaiser.  Any ideas what's going on there?  Does Universal offer private events to other companies?  Would that be at the same time as the Ellen preview or a separate session?  Do you think Saturday will be previews for various groups?  Should I be nosey and try to get more info from her?

Are we going to be seeing a possible Diagon Alley or Dragon Challenge (Don't really know the name of that one) Coming somewhere 2017-2018? Cause I heard Orlando's D.A did open up later....but not so sure about the other ride. Any thoughts?

Are we going to be seeing a possible Diagon Alley or Dragon Challenge (Don't really know the name of that one) Coming somewhere 2017-2018? Cause I heard Orlando's D.A did open up later....but not so sure about the other ride. Any thoughts?

I doubt we'll ever see the Dragon Challenge because that was a re-purposed ride.  There are good rumors about Diagon Alley but nothing has been officially announced yet.  Inside Universal did a feature speculating where on the lot it could possibly be located:

http://insideuniversal.net/2016/01/where-could-diagon-alley-go-at-universal-studios-hollywood/

Reactions: William and Chris

The reason we didn't receive Dragon Challenge was because there was absolutely no space to put it. You would have to remove Shrek 4D and Universal Plaza to fit that coaster. As for Diagon Alley, it's highly rumored to be coming to Hollywood but I expect 2019 at the earliest. You can find the discussion thread for that here 

Last edited by a moderator:
EPN dates are March 2,3,4.  Don't expect all day Technical Rehearsals on those days.

I know people have said that the employee previews are from 5-10pm on these days.  Is there any reason why it would not be open at least for the early part of the day?  Would they really keep it closed all day for an evening event?  I know nothing is ever guaranteed but we are driving quite a bit to go on friday and if the chances of it being closed for these evening events is high we probably won't try.  I was feeling like the chances were good since it's been open every day for the last couple of weeks and with events it was just closed for part of the day.  Is there reason to believe that this will be different??  Thanks for your help from anyone who might have some insight. 

I know people have said that the employee previews are from 5-10pm on these days.  Is there any reason why it would not be open at least for the early part of the day?  Would they really keep it closed all day for an evening event?  I know nothing is ever guaranteed but we are driving quite a bit to go on friday and if the chances of it being closed for these evening events is high we probably won't try.  I was feeling like the chances were good since it's been open every day for the last couple of weeks and with events it was just closed for part of the day.  Is there reason to believe that this will be different??  Thanks for your help from anyone who might have some insight. 

If the Employee preview starts at 5pm, there is no way that guests will be allowed to be mixed in.  Yes, it could open for a few hours in the early morning, but they will still need to close the venue to set up for the special event.  My approach to the previous statement was to not expect "all day" tech rehearsals.  Anything can happen.

Some begin at 5. I don't know what time the USH EPNs start at, but I'll look into it.   Don't be expecting to get into Hogsmeade all day this and next week. There are USH EPNs this week and I am going to an event on Monday at 5. There is also NBCU EPNs next Wednesday and Thursday from 5-11. 

Reactions: Aaron
Could be a force perspective issue. If there were full size trees next to the castle, it ruins the illusion. But still, they should have done something about it. 

This is actually really interesting as no one else has brought it up and I think that's exactly what the problem is here. However, I don't think it should be "the" excuse for not covering the show buildings. 

Reactions: Ryan and Aaron
Hey, so a friend of mine commented on Facebook that she was going to get to visit the Wizarding World on Saturday with Kaiser.  Any ideas what's going on there?  Does Universal offer private events to other companies?  Would that be at the same time as the Ellen preview or a separate session?  Do you think Saturday will be previews for various groups?  Should I be nosey and try to get more info from her?

Kaiser rents out the park every year

usually back to back weekends, or maybe just back to back days

as for the ellen preview, im pretty sure they just gave them complimentary tickets for the park and priority boarding for  Hippogriff and FJ

This is actually really interesting as no one else has brought it up and I think that's exactly what the problem is here. However, I don't think it should be "the" excuse for not covering the show buildings. 

I hate to drag this over to Disney vs Universal but... just gonna say it: Cars Land. Full encompassing rock work with nary a showbuilding to see peeking out of it. Rockwork was probably the best solution and they didn't go for it to hide that extra showbuilding because... um... if it's good enough for Japan, then it's good enough for Hollywood I guess?

Universal probably justifies it by claiming that Hogwarts' presence is so demanding that the guests won't take their eyes off it when in the area anyways, that's the only excuse I could see them using after making two versions of this attraction that is a giant Costco building with a relatively smallish themeing piece attached on the front edge of it.

Reactions: chris.g and Aaron
No soft opening today (Tuesday) because of an NBC event. I talked with an employee who said it won't be open Wed thru Fri due to employee previews.

There is also NBCU previews next week. I am also going to a special preview that starts at 5 on Monday and one of the NBCU previews on Wednesday (the 9th).