The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We're going to get an email invite after March 6 with instructions.  My guess is you'll have to register online and bring your printed ticket.  If you have an annual pass through Costco or anywhere you need to make sure you connect your member ID number with your email address.  I attended the Special Events Stuntshow Passholder Preview and that was how they handled it then.  I assume it'll be the same with Hogsmeade, except we'll get more options for dates and times to register.

ah cool. did you get any +1s (i.e. if you had friends that weren't passholders but were willing to buy a day ticket?)

ah cool. did you get any +1s (i.e. if you had friends that weren't passholders but were willing to buy a day ticket?)

Not for the Stunt Show preview.  You had to register each person individually with their member ID.  You needed to show your ticket and annual pass at the door.  I've only gone to this one passholder event so I'm not sure if it's always like this.  It felt like their standard process.

So has anyone actually heard from a source that the WWoHP will be closed tomorrow or are we all just assuming based on the patterns of the evening employee previews this week?  It looks like the Kaiser previews are also night events on the 5th and 12th from 8pm to midnight.  Two weekends ago Universal just closed down Hogsmeade around 3pm to prepare for the private event.  Would this fall in line with that or more like the employee functions of the week?  I almost wonder if they'll treat weekends differently.  Or am I just being naively hopeful?  Thoughts?

Here's the Kaiser webpage for more info:

https://scpmgphysicianwellness.kaiserpermanente.org/universal-studios-hollywood-kpsc-family-nights-2016/

Can't confirming it will be closed, but there is the Ellen previews on Sat. 

I thought employee previews ended friday, its still going to be closed on sat to the public?

There are more previews next week. Not USH employee previews, but others including NBCU employee previews and other stuff. I am going to a special preview on Monday, and an NBCU preview on Wednesday. I'll report back if the Quidditch goggles are in use. 

^ Don't think so, it seems to be the only day which previews aren't being held, I hope there isn't as I'm going to go probably for the last time before my pass expires, and it'll be a while until I renew as well. Anything could happen honestly.

Reactions: DonRaf and Aaron
PotterWatchSecrets on Twitter is reporting the land is very likely to open up both today (Saturday) and tomorrow. Not sure how reliable that username is, but they seem dedicated to getting insider scoops!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Conflicting info apparently now. Seems like today and tomorrow are up in the air again according to PotterWatchSecrets.

Twitter is reporting that it's open today for tech rehearsals!  Woo-hoo!  Anyone have any idea when are the Ellen previews?  That'll probably determine how long they will remain open today.  Kaiser is not until the night so Ellen is our wild card.

Reactions: DonRaf
Okay, I rode FJ three times today and they did not have the Quiddich googles yet.  However, I don't know if it was just me but the image quality did seem better.  I almost wonder if they washed the glasses or did some kind of adjustment?

And PS:  Still no warm Butterbeer.  They are selling Wizarding World ponchos for the rain though.

I heard that the motion of Forbidden Journey has recently been toned down. It is disappointing to have the coolest dark ride system ever not be used to its full potential.

^Do you know who said that? I saw someone on Twitter say that, but I asked Calinformer and they said it felt the same. I'll have to see for myself. 

Okay, I rode FJ three times today and they did not have the Quiddich googles yet.  However, I don't know if it was just me but the image quality did seem better.  I almost wonder if they washed the glasses or did some kind of adjustment?

And PS:  Still no warm Butterbeer.  They are selling Wizarding World ponchos for the rain though.

I thought I had read earlier that the Quiddich goggles weren't coming until mid to late March.  So that still could be a ways a way.  Also, I thought the warm Butterbeer wasn't debuting until the official park opening April 7?

Has anyone else noticed those random yellow construction safety bar things on top of Olivander's? You can see them from the back side of the shop when you look up to the top. I hope they didn't forget them up there. They've been there since the very first day of tech rehearsals. 

I'm sure this question has been asked before, and if it has please redirect me to the previous response, but does anybody have a good guess as to if/when the land will be open over Spring Break? My break is from the 26th to the 3rd.