The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone else noticed those random yellow construction safety bar things on top of Olivander's? You can see them from the back side of the shop when you look up to the top. I hope they didn't forget them up there. They've been there since the very first day of tech rehearsals. 

You mean this?

24906704641_4d849f7c65_z.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
The only difference I noticed was that the image quality was better even though we were still using the old glasses.  That confused me.

Remember there are multiple domes per carousel each with a different projector.  Some projectors could be not calibrated well.  I have seen this same issue and its just a toss up on which screen you get on your ride.

I was up a Wizarding World yesterday and I couldn't help but notice scaffolding going up on the backside of the Shrek building. Could it be it's going to get the stone wall treatment? 

I saw this going up on EPN.  I sure hope they don't paint clouds or trees.  Ugh, another wall of puke!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Quidditch goggle glasses are in. Rebel Wilson posted a picture of her at the park today on Twitter and her and her friends are wearing them.

Reactions: William
^Glad to know they enjoyed USH.

The Quidditch goggle glasses are in. Rebel Wilson posted a picture of her at the park today on Twitter and her and her friends are wearing them.

Huh, weird. When I was there last night, I wore the standard glasses. Maybe they don't have all of the quidditch glasses yet. 

Does anyone have an idea of when annual passholder previews will be and when we can sign up?

And also, do you think we will get a +1?

I don't think I got an email! Was it from Universal directly?

yup. it came March 4th. here's the text:

DON'T MISS THE
ANNUAL PASS
PREVIEW!

With an Annual Pass you can come again and again to experience the thrills of our new attractions, including Fast & Furious - Supercharged, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, and starting April 7, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Plus, everyone who becomes an Annual Pass Member by March 13 or who has an existing Annual Pass valid through March 30 is eligible to receive an invitation to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ preview.

Hey, new user but I had a question, how do you know when its going to be open for soft openings? 

Im thinking about making the hour drive on SAT 12th of March if I can find out that its going to be open. 

Thanks!

Had lots of fun at a special event today in Hogsmeade! Free food, no waits, free wands, and most importantly free Butterbeer!!! :p

They also have the quidditch goggles now. They were fine and IMO they didn't make a difference. Thanks for the awesome event Universal!

P.S. They have "no melt ice cream" now at Honeydukes!

First off, RAINBOW!

25604826605_56df55f1e9_z.jpg

25309353260_fbf5fb4b95_z.jpg

25237429419_4aa7f27229_b.jpg
25512279901_365113dbcd_b.jpg

Lastly, there was pretty much nobody on FJ and I got my own "enchanted bench" all for myself. haha

25578848876_79b5c23eff_b.jpg

Also, check your e-mails. I have heard AP preview event RSVPs have been sent out. Anyone have the link?

Had lots of fun at a special event today in Hogsmeade! Free food, no waits, free wands, and most importantly free Butterbeer!!! :p

They also have the quidditch goggles now. They were fine and IMO they didn't make a difference. Thanks for the awesome event Universal!

P.S. They have "no melt ice cream" now at Honeydukes!

First off, RAINBOW!

25604826605_56df55f1e9_z.jpg

25309353260_fbf5fb4b95_z.jpg

Lastly, there was pretty much nobody on FJ and I got my own "enchanted bench" all for myself. haha

Also, check your e-mails. I have heard AP preview event RSVPs have been sent out. Anyone have the link?

Thank you for sharing! From what I experience on EP night, USH has been handling these special events wonderfully!

Reactions: 12th Man