The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think we'll start seeing vertical construction until late 2014. Ground/foundation work always takes forever.
Pretty much. Less than a year from now, of course, but summer guests expecting to see sprouts will be awfully disappointed. Luckily they'll be very distracted.

Its looking like one upgrade intended but never made it to Orlando as well as one major effect that also never made it to Orlando may indeed make it to the HW version of the FJ. If this is the case HW will have the superior FJ attraction in the states. 

Its looking like one upgrade intended but never made it to Orlando as well as one major effect that also never made it to Orlando may indeed make it to the HW version of the FJ. If this is the case HW will have the superior FJ attraction in the states. 

harry_potter_23993.jpg
  ?

10576566-1322140973-808704.jpg
?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, 3D doesn't work with concave screens. (I.E. Soarin', Simpsons still 2D, even large scale arched movie screens like the Dome at the Arclight and Big Newport struggle with 3D.)

3D is really designed and works best with flat surfaces (I.E. Transformers, Despicable Me, Star Tours, Shrek)

Being in 3D wouldn't necessarily make it superior.

FJ makes people queasy as-is with its intense motion, 3D would just make it worse.

I would prefer the ride either in 2D 4K, or glasses-free 3D (which is still too early in development), but I DON'T want FJ to be in 3D with glasses....

HTF, are these upgrades and added major effects impractical to add to the Florida version?

Just wanted to say that someone I know who works at Uni (the studio) went into a meeting. One of the executives was their letting their employees know that they will have to tolerate a lot of traffic the next few years. They're expecting at least a hundred trucks on the backlot every day transporting stuff to and from the site. He didn't say anything else about Potter other than that.

I hope I'll be distracted by more than just Minion Mayhem ;)
I'm hoping I can keep myself satisfied by a Krusty Burger, some donuts, and a Duff beer after going on that ride.

I know that there was supposed to be an effect where the chairs, in the Dementor scene, would face up, showing several dementors circling above you. I heard this was cut at the last minute as they thought it would be too frightening for children. In fact, I think it's still there, collecting dust. All they did was change the mechanism for the arms. This might be the effect being hinted at.

Just wanted to say that someone I know who works at Uni (the studio) went into a meeting. One of the executives was their letting their employees know that they will have to tolerate a lot of traffic the next few years. They're expecting at least a hundred trucks on the backlot every day transporting stuff to and from the site. He didn't say anything else about Potter other than that.

I'm hoping I can keep myself satisfied by a Krusty Burger, some donuts, and a Duff beer after going on that ride.

I know that there was supposed to be an effect where the chairs, in the Dementor scene, would face up, showing several dementors circling above you. I heard this was cut at the last minute as they thought it would be too frightening for children. In fact, I think it's still there, collecting dust. All they did was change the mechanism for the arms. This might be the effect being hinted at.
The dementor attack is indeed still sitting idle and may be turned on one day and is in fact being considered for Hollywood. As for the upgrades I've mentioned I'm going to be doing a real in depth article on the Orlando FJ at Orlando United my home site in the very near future. I highly recommend you Cali Potters give it a read when it goes up...

Will absolutely do so! Can't wait to read and see what to expect! Are these upgrades and added effects planned for Japan as well? Is there a chance Orlando can still get these additions?

Reactions: Alexshow.
Will absolutely do so! Can't wait to read and see what to expect! Are these upgrades and added effects planned for Japan as well? Is there a chance Orlando can still get these additions?
Can't comment on Japan as last I heard during the design phase they were considering 3D. As for what I'm referring to yes and no. One upgrade is already being tested after hours in Orlando. The main upgrade or in Orlando's case cut from the attraction would be impossible to add at this point. All I can say is its INTENSE and in your FACE!! If it did happen the effect would catapult HW's FJ attraction to the front, its that good!

Well geez, I really hope we do get this then, whatever it may be! Considering we won't have Diagon Alley (I refuse to believe we'll ever get it for multiple reasons) and a smaller overall ride count in our WWoHP and the whole park, it'll be nice to brag that we have the best FJ experience, despite being part of the smaller park!

It's going to be the giant animatronic Optimus Prime at the end saying, "Sorry I'm late to the party freedom fighters. I couldn't make it to my own ride."

Reactions: Ryan
Nahh, it's gonna be a cameo by Doc Brown, ET, The Terminator, Curious George, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Original Animatronic Kong, a Gasolina car, the Rugrats, Flinstones, Fievel, Lucy, Spiderman, Beetlejuice, and a Battlestar Gallactica bot all in animatronic form having a dance party at the end of FJ inside a rather large Delorean that's spinning inside a recreation of the Spinning Tunnel ontop of the collapsing bridge.

True story :D

Nahh, it's gonna be a cameo by Doc Brown, ET, The Terminator, Curious George, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Original Animatronic Kong, a Gasolina car, the Rugrats, Flinstones, Fievel, Lucy, Spiderman, Beetlejuice, and a Battlestar Gallactica bot all in animatronic form having a dance party at the end of FJ inside a rather large Delorean that's spinning inside a recreation of the Spinning Tunnel ontop of the collapsing bridge.

True story :D
Genius! So the ride will end in USH heaven. We'll be greeted by a giant wrecking ball (With Miley Cyrus on there of course) and we will all die from the impact, causing us to meet them there.