The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Things certainly got a lot more interesting...........

....in Japan.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/08/the-death-eaters-are-coming-to-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-at-universal-studios-japan/

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]This fall for the first time, a new kind of entertainment will be offered, on an overwhelming scale and with meticulous attention to detail. The Dark wizards—The Death Eaters—appear and peaceful Hogsmeade will experience moments of darkness. This new, grand-scale piece of entertainment, exciting experiences, and new food are available for this fall only. Enjoy the Hallowe’en in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that can only be experienced at Universal Studios Japan.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]“[/COLOR]Death Eater Attack[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]” joins the line-up as a new piece of entertainment at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. When night falls, this peaceful, cheerful world of magic transforms experiencing moments of darkness. The Death Eaters appear in Hogsmeade wearing black hoods and masks. Guests can experience the thrill and terror of coming face-to-face with the magical might of The Death Eaters, discovering an unprecedented feeling.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]...[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]During the day, Magical Trick or Treat newly joins the line-up. Guests can experience a new kind of trick-or-treating in which Hogsmeade villagers will be handing out sweets to kids and guests. The village of Hogsmeade will be filled with the smiles of children enjoying the wonderful trick-or-treating. Produced on a grand scale that defies the imagination, and boasting overwhelming quality, this new piece of entertainment allows you to dive into an impossible world of magic from daytime to nighttime, bringing you a moving experience for this fall season only.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 17)]...[/COLOR]

New foods that let you further savor the world of Harry Potter are coming this fall. From early September, 2016, “Hallowe’en Dessert Feast”, a selection of the desserts inspired by Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, makes a new appearance.

“Hallowe’en Dessert Feast” selection ranges from mountain-shaped chocolate ganache treats to carrot cake, allowing guests to get their fill of cake and candies.

The spectacular Great Feast, which has been a big hit since its arrival, will also feature in Hallowe’en style. This limited-time special menu serves up a juicy pork rib platter with seasonal dishes for the fall season, including a pumpkin au gratin. Enjoy the high-quality atmosphere that can only be experienced at Universal Studios Japan.

While the mere existence of it is a big win, notice two important things: 

1) No mention of HHN 

2) The wording of "only at Universal Studios Japan"

The latter implies exclusivity at least for the year of 2016. Also while Diagon Alley is open during HHN at USF and presumably Hogsmeade will be at USH, the two are never advertised as part of the event, as they can not. So if USH were to do this next year, I can see them doing the daytime stuff easily, but the Death Eaters would be tricky to advertise as they would have to be part of the event, but not at the same time.

Still, you guys think we may see this at our park sooner than later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought I'd live to see the day I'd be proven wrong on this subject matter.

I definitely see this coming to Hollywood soon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man and Ryan
Finally! I've been saying they should do this since the original Wizarding World haha. It just makes sense to do it. I do wonder why they're doing it in Japan first? Seems odd. But oh well. We just better get it by next year!

Reactions: Ryan
Probably as a reply to demand. The Japanese are just eating Potter up whole. 

I think we all agree that Hollywood needs it more than the other two parks, at least the daytime stuff. Sadly, it's for the exact opposite reason.

Reactions: HereWeGo
WWoHP fans.... touring question

With early entry, will I be able to do Forbidden Journey twice and Ride Hippogriff by 9,30am?

And I'm hearing that it's very likely that this will come to USH. Sounding more like a "when" than an "if"...

Update: don't expect it this year. 

Next year is a different story.

WWoHP fans.... touring question

With early entry, will I be able to do Forbidden Journey twice and Ride Hippogriff by 9,30am?

If you walk briskly enough, do Hippogriff first, are able to use the locker system for FJ quickly and do single rider then absolutely.

However I'd recommend doing Ollivanders first. There's no escaping that line ever except first thing in the morning.

If you walk briskly enough, do Hippogriff first, are able to use the locker system for FJ quickly and do single rider then absolutely.

However I'd recommend doing Ollivanders first. There's no escaping that line ever except first thing in the morning.

This will be my 1st time at WWoHP, so I need plenty of advice here.

My plan is to do FJ, FJ and then Hippogriff and only do Hogsmeade (including Ollivanders ) after lunch. So looks like my plan will not work well.

What would be the best sequence to do ??

This will be my 1st time at WWoHP, so I need plenty of advice here.

My plan is to do FJ, FJ and then Hippogriff and only do Hogsmeade (including Ollivanders ) after lunch. So looks like my plan will not work well.

What would be the best sequence to do ??

No problem. You want to do Ollivanders first, period. It can not be missed and this is the only time to do it without waiting. I would recommend doing Hippogriff next. Forbidden Journey, if you're by yourself, is almost always a snap to get on so it doesn't necessarily have to be a first priority.

The shops and Three Broomsticks after lunch is a great idea. Walk around, enjoy the atmosphere.

For Forbidden Journey, single rider works pretty well, even if you're not by yourself, because you can't really see the people you are riding next to, anyway. And don't forget to ask for the castle-only tour if you want to see the indoor queue without waiting in the outdoor queue, or just to experience the queue at your own pace. (The castle-only tour sends you through the A Gate line, but you exit without riding.)

For Forbidden Journey, single rider works pretty well, even if you're not by yourself, because you can't really see the people you are riding next to, anyway. And don't forget to ask for the castle-only tour if you want to see the indoor queue without waiting in the outdoor queue, or just to experience the queue at your own pace. (The castle-only tour sends you through the A Gate line, but you exit without riding.)

I've had very mixed results with the Gate A castle tour.  I've asked about it on three separate occasions.  Twice I was told that I just had to go through the regular line and not ride, and they wouldn't let me in Gate A.  One time I did with the pass.  The policy has been very inconsistent.

In terms of Ollivanders, it works best very early in the morning, or very late in the day.  The line length varies unpredictable during the day, but seems to average 35 minutes.  So if you happen across it and the line is 15-20 (which sometimes happens), then I'd say go for it.

I've had very mixed results with the Gate A castle tour.  I've asked about it on three separate occasions.  Twice I was told that I just had to go through the regular line and not ride, and they wouldn't let me in Gate A.  One time I did with the pass.  The policy has been very inconsistent.

I only tried once, back in May, and it worked. That would suck to have to go through the regular line. You can't really hangout and take in the details, since the line moves pretty fast. And it's also too noisy in the regular portrait room to really hear what the portraits are saying.

I think I read that they shut down the castle-only tour in Orlando when it's busy, so maybe they do the same thing here. (Probably too many line jumpers. It would be really easy to bypass the outdoor queue and get into the regular line, once you enter the castle.)

In terms of Ollivanders, it works best very early in the morning, or very late in the day.  The line length varies unpredictable during the day, but seems to average 35 minutes.  So if you happen across it and the line is 15-20 (which sometimes happens), then I'd say go for it.

Thanks for this hint. I have placed Ollivanders as 1st item in my plan now.

Even with a family, the Ollivanders --> Hippogriff --> Forbidden Journey method works best.

Hippogriff has a pretty barren queue, whereas stepping into a 30 minute line for FJ afterwards won't be nearly as painful. You're going to want to take in the elaborate indoor queue as much as possible.

I don't know if I should ask the question here or in the HHN thread. But here it goes since a few of y'all visited HHNO and have had more experience. Do you think the whole WWOHP will be open during HHN in Hollywood? We wanted to Ollivanders first and everything else in WWOHP, then attack the mazes and the one SZ.

I don't know if I should ask the question here or in the HHN thread. But here it goes since a few of y'all visited HHNO and have had more experience. Do you think the whole WWOHP will be open during HHN in Hollywood? We wanted to Ollivanders first and everything else in WWOHP, then attack the mazes and the one SZ.

I seriously doubt WWoHP will be open during HHN this year . Next year will be a different story. ;)  

They haven't confirmed or denied it yet, but if they don't... well, let's just say I don't want to be working in guest relations in October.

I have some friends that would go to HHN just to see Potter unfortunately. I would just laugh at them if they complained that USH made a good business move.  :lol:  I mean, it wouldn't be fair to the HHN fans if the event rapidly sold out just so the Potter heads get to see Wizarding World at a discounted admission price while the HHN fans are shut out. 

I did hear though that if Potter was open, it won't be open for long each night (Like, until 11). They'll probably have a Buterbeer cart in front of the entrance to make more kah-ching.