The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 247 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious what they call the queue areas in Hollywood..?

In Florida you have the extended queue outside - but then the Forest, which goes to the Dungeons (and lockers) which pops out in the Gardens which goes up the ramps through the Greenhouse, then down the Oxford Corridor, through the Portrait Gallery and then Dumbledore's office and Dark Arts before the Gryffindor Common Room, then Sorting Hat and Load.

In Hollywood it's just "???" then Dungeons, minus Gardens, and then all the rest, no?

I'm assuming you mean the small portion of IOA's outdoor extended queue wedged between the Herbology Greenhouses and Jurassic Park? Our Forbidden Forest portion basically replaces that. It's a longer and more extensively forested area.

But IOA's "Gardens" come after the Dungeons, and are essentially a flex space. They can be either pre-locker or post-lockers depending on how the queue is configured.

USH can't convert any of the post-locker queue into pre-locker, right?

Not that I'm aware of. The Forbidden Forest section of the queue is massive and guests are re-routed into this area before entering the dungeons/Lockers. This area can be configured to accommodate more guests and also has a pathway that can bypass the Dungeons section of the queue. Although I've rarely seen that pathway used outside of TMs getting around.

Reactions: William
I'm curious what they call the queue areas in Hollywood..?

In Florida you have the extended queue outside - but then the Forest, which goes to the Dungeons (and lockers) which pops out in the Gardens which goes up the ramps through the Greenhouse, then down the Oxford Corridor, through the Portrait Gallery and then Dumbledore's office and Dark Arts before the Gryffindor Common Room, then Sorting Hat and Load.

In Hollywood it's just "???" then Dungeons, minus Gardens, and then all the rest, no?

Hollywood doesn't have "the gardens" for a number of reasons. The biggest reason being that they physically can't put anything in that spot, just beyond the greenhouse is about a 30 foot drop off, and the Studio Tour loading. They justified the lost space with the ridiculous overflow queue (the forbidden forest). So right after the dungeons, the queue immediately become the green house.

Attachments

• gardens.jpg
    gardens.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 12th Man
Universal_Studios_008.jpg

I was about to ask if there are any other updates about the upcoming projection show. If it's intended for the summer, I feel like they should be marketing it any minute now. But it seems pretty quiet.

While it seems certain it's coming, it still seems a mystery to me what the show will be about, when it will open, and how they will handle crowd control and viewing. Anyone with any insights?

I was about to ask if there are any other updates about the upcoming projection show. If it's intended for the summer, I feel like they should be marketing it any minute now. But it seems pretty quiet.

While it seems certain it's coming, it still seems a mystery to me what the show will be about, when it will open, and how they will handle crowd control and viewing. Anyone with any insights?

With Volcano Bay fast approaching, I would say that I'd be shocked if it was announced in the next week, and almost want to say that I don't think we'll see an announcement for it until the end of the month.

But do you think the show would be for this summer?

They've been testing the show for a while, and have sent out notices of when. Coupled with that IU has reported of a summer release and some things that I've heard, I would assume that they are still going forward with the summer release.

I am also going to take a crack shot guess that they will keep the projectors up there for after the summer show, but that's a guess on my end.