Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Are they decorating Wizarding World for Halloween? I know it won't be open for Horror Nights but I thought I heard somewhere that they would at least decorate it for the holiday (and then again for Christmas). But maybe I just dreamed that...

Are they decorating Wizarding World for Halloween? I know it won't be open for Horror Nights but I thought I heard somewhere that they would at least decorate it for the holiday (and then again for Christmas). But maybe I just dreamed that...

They might decorate somewhat or after HHN. They might do in the dark while people are still walking by to the mazes.

After reading the article, I'm wondering(assuming even) if the retail concept that goes here will be the same one going into Ollivander's third room in Orlando.

I do agree that expanding Olivander's is a possible reason for closing the photo op. But my guess is that they're doing it to completely redo the shop's security measures and prevent further abuse and wand theft. This can easily be accomplished by tagging each wand, and requiring the removal of the tag at the exit of the shop with proof of purchase. There's been MANY times I've pulled empty wand boxes off the shelf hoping to look at one.

Last edited:
I had no idea there was so much wand theft, but I suppose with their prices and relative ease in hiding them, it sadly makes sense.

What is this retail concept with Ollivander's third room in Orlando?

I do agree that expanding Olivander's is a possible reason for closing the photo op. But my guess is that they're doing it to completely redo the shop's security measures and prevent further abuse and wand theft. This can easily be accomplished by tagging each wand, and requiring the removal of the tag at the exit of the shop with proof of purchase. There's been MANY times I've pulled empty wand boxes off the shelf hoping to look at one.

What I'm referring to is the Rumor that the third Ollivanders room in DA in Orlando is being closed and being turned into a new shop that will be accessible from the Carkitt Market side of DA.

What is this retail concept with Ollivander's third room in Orlando?

It's just rumors at this point. Someone speculated that they will do a dragon like the Avatar banshees, but no clue if theres any truth to that. The last few pages of the DA thread should catch you up if you want to see the discussion.

Here is the current state of the old "Hogwarts Express Cabin" photo-op from yesterday...

pGQVyXT.jpg

XErshQI.jpg

Getting a slight tidbit on that they are looking into adding something for the future of the Park/Area. And that it may not be a new ride, but that it's just as important for the longevity of the park.

Getting a slight tidbit on that they are looking into adding something for the future of the Park/Area. And that it may not be a new ride, but that it's just as important for the longevity of the park.

Great Hall?

When do you think we will hear more official news about this from the park? Is it something that's being fast-tracked?

Logistically, you should see something soon, but not in a way you would expect. I am trying not to say what this is, to be precise; as implications could be rather big for the future of the property in more ways than I really think people could imagine.