The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I almost feel like it’d be better to get the Ministry of Magic in Hollywood at this point.

Have to agree. I think that maybe the opportunity for Diagon has passed and that space in the LL is earmarked for something else. I think we are much more likely to see expansion of the current Wizarding world than a whole new land now. Plus Hollywood is too small to give over that much space to Potter.

Here is the thing though..right next to it, is CityWalk. And the Front Entrance of the park. And Universal Blvd. And ASS (Animation Studio Store). And DWT..I think you know what I'm getting at.

My guess, if they were even thinking of it..the current Tram Plaza wouldn't be impossible, considering that hill.

However, perhaps convo's like this would be better suited for other threads? ;)

What if they built another indoor coaster? They could use the Gringotts tech/layout, especially if they aren’t getting Diagon.

Have to agree. I think that maybe the opportunity for Diagon has passed and that space in the LL is earmarked for something else. I think we are much more likely to see expansion of the current Wizarding world than a whole new land now. Plus Hollywood is too small to give over that much space to Potter.

There’s a decent amount of room in the lower lot, especially if they demolish Mummy. SNW to the left of Transformers, Diagon to the right.

Honestly, I don't think they would even want to do Diagon at the proper USH park. I think that'd be to where they'd reach a Peak-Potter like moment.

I would rather want them to wait for if they can do a second gate, to then bring Diagon Alley. But hey, TIMO.

Reactions: HPFred
Honestly, I don't think they would even want to do Diagon at the proper USH park. I think that'd be to where they'd reach a Peak-Potter like moment.

I would rather want them to wait for if they can do a second gate, to then bring Diagon Alley. But hey, TIMO.

Is there enough room to do a second gate? If so, why wouldn’t they use that land/concepts to expand USH as a whole? It’s pretty small, and SNW and Diagon could easily start to change that.

I love Diagon Alley, but I do not want it at USH, even with a second gate. If we are to get a Potter expansion, I'd rather Universal Creative do something unique! Perhaps the Ministry of Magic or something with the Fantastic Beasts franchise. I think USH suffered because virtually the same land had been open in Florida for six years by the time it came to California and there would be an even bigger lag for DA.

I love Diagon Alley, but I do not want it at USH, even with a second gate. If we are to get a Potter expansion, I'd rather Universal Creative do something unique! Perhaps the Ministry of Magic or something with the Fantastic Beasts franchise. I think USH suffered because virtually the same land had been open in Florida for six years by the time it came to California and there would be an even bigger lag for DA.

I would agree with that.

As detailed as Diagon is, I would rather want something that can be needed for Hollywood, and something that'd be unique in it's own way.

However, I think the only way to do that, at this point with things like DWT, ASS, and whats in-between Hogsmeade and WW...the only real area that'd have a possible correlation, is the Studio Tour. But even then, you'd still have to deal with the fact that it would be isolated from the Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Castle areas, because of Springfield.

I want to see something new from Potter. But I don't want it to be something that'd skip into the "it's too much" territory. It's not a good middle-ground to start with, but it's the best I have in saying.

According to @Al2020, our version of Diagon Alley is going to be unique to USH. In other words, it's not going to be a carbon copy of Orlando's.

I'm excited for Diagon, given that they are going for something different with ours.

I want to see something new from Potter. But I don't want it to be something that'd skip into the "it's too much" territory.

Thats exactly how I feel.

Studio tour loading area still feels like the natural spot for Wizarding World expansion, rather than the LL.

Reactions: Chris
If I had a choice between DA or the new coaster Orlando is getting next year for Studio Tour’s spot, is much rather have the latter.

Although I like the DA experience, I think the new coaster for Hogsmeade is more flexible in form to fit the Studio Tour area. We probably would not get the towering drops and the large turns, but USH could modify the coaster to fit the area better than DA would.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Although I like the DA experience, I think the new coaster for Hogsmeade is more flexible in form to fit the Studio Tour area. We probably would not get the towering drops and the large turns, but USH could modify the coaster to fit the area better than DA would.

And that is why I would rather have Diagon Alley. The Potter Coaster would be seriously comprised due to space if it ever came to USH.

Diagon>Potter Coaster

On a minor area update, the new Alohomora spell is still having many problems. The new Incendio spell seems to be working more.

And the Ladies are once again coming out from the front with the Men for the Tri-Wizard show.

And the Ladies are once again coming out from the front with the Men for the Tri-Wizard show.
Been to the park last sunday & today... both times didn't see either show (nor show attendants lurking around to ask). This is why they need to make these performance times more available to guests, without having to try looking it up on the waittimes app. If they can have a sign with specific times for the specific Transformers photo-ops, I don't see why it can't be done for this as well.

If a local can't even catch the shows (due to terrible timing), that means the actual park guests visiting for the first time will also more than likely miss the entertainment provided.

Been to the park last sunday & today... both times didn't see either show (nor show attendants lurking around to ask). This is why they need to make these performance times more available to guests, without having to try looking it up on the waittimes app. If they can have a sign with specific times for the specific Transformers photo-ops, I don't see why it can't be done for this as well.

If a local can't even catch the shows (due to terrible timing), that means the actual park guests visiting for the first time will also more than likely miss the entertainment provided.
When I asked about why there wasn't a showtimes sign I was told, simply "J.K."

I can see why there isn't a specific showtimes sign, but I do agree it should at least be on the main Universal App, and not just the mobile waittimes site.

Reactions: Chris
I think the Digital Directory and the mobile app are the perfect spots for these shows to be posted. Its upsetting that the info is available on the web based site ushwaittimes.com and not on the public mobile app. So frustrating to me when a park does not advertise all of its offerings to its paid guests!?!

Not to mention that the website and the park map say that Mr Ping would be available through August 19 and...uh...its closed! SMH to USH.