The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure an opening season hasn't been indicated yet. While we've only been told "2016," it's solely an assumption at this point that the land will open within the first half of the year.
You're 100% correct. Only 2016 was ever announced. I'm sure the heads of the project are striving for a certain time of the year, but I bet even THEY don't know when it'll be totally ready/finished by. So it's definitely been assumptions based on the progress so far/previous openings. But I think by Summer 2016 is a valid guess. Have it open in time for the summer crowds.

Oh my god. I probably won't enjoy the Wizarding World until 2018....

Reactions: William
I found a more clear aerial photo of the WWoHP from early September, when they had started to put the roofs on Hogsmeade.

ejy51i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris and JaySalahi
Seriously, though. They're already putting stonework on some of these structures. Incredible.

You won't want to be around me for the next year or so walking past a completed Three Broomsticks behind construction walls.

Reactions: Imdbman
Getting the Wizarding World on the west coast will definitely come at a hefty price. There's no question regarding the fact that I want to get an annual pass by the time Potter rolls around, but it sure won't come easy. Speaking of which, I should probably renew soon.. Time to upgrade from BDGY to an actual annual pass!

Reactions: Allen The Actor
You're 100% correct. Only 2016 was ever announced. I'm sure the heads of the project are striving for a certain time of the year, but I bet even THEY don't know when it'll be totally ready/finished by. So it's definitely been assumptions based on the progress so far/previous openings. But I think by Summer 2016 is a valid guess. Have it open in time for the summer crowds.

Oh my god. I probably won't enjoy the Wizarding World until 2018....
I heard from an interview once that Universal is "on track" for a Spring 2016 opening for Potter.  Speaking of which, found some more MiceAge construction update photos for you guys!

1121_1.jpg

1121_2.jpg

1121_3.jpg

1121_4.jpg

1121_5.jpg

Reactions: William
Either they're afraid of a small mudslide with the sandbags they put on the hill next to FJ queue or they're kind of done with the land and are just going to plant some trees. If the latter (most likely since some of that green fertilizer was scattered there) , then no water feature as previously mentioned.

Reactions: William and Aaron